Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

Knowing I’m old school thus old,  but does no one keep any “inventory” of household essentials anymore? Like TP - what do folks do, buy one four pack? Same with paper towels - grab one roll in case you spill something? People don’t use a garage or downstairs freezer anymore? Shitt, I can hardly close the door on ours. Can’t imagine a gun owner only keeps a box of 50x on hand? Yep, I’m old and just don’t get it - STAY AWAY FROM MY T P - 

• Like 1

One thing about social distancing---It's been a few weeks now since the regular JW visits.  Haven't seen a Mormon in years but that's OK.  

1 minute ago, richieb said:

Knowing I’m old school thus old,  but does no one keep any “inventory” of household essentials anymore? Like TP - what do folks do, buy one four pack? Same with paper towels - grab one roll in case you spill something? People don’t use a garage or downstairs freezer anymore? Shitt, I can hardly close the door on ours. Can’t imagine a gun owner only keeps a box of 50x on hand? Yep, I’m old and just don’t get it - STAY AWAY FROM MY T P - 

You have to be careful not to slip into the fallacy that most people are intelligent.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

So, now we have one here in KY who refuses to self quarantine. ☠️

What an A$$hole.  They have to put a sheriff who has more important things to do out there to be sure he stays in.

3 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

One thing about social distancing---It's been a few weeks now since the regular JW visits.  Haven't seen a Mormon in years but that's OK. 

So there is a silver lining. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes.  The Mormons are usually kids bored out of their skulls enough to volunteer to help with yard chores.  I pity them, and never take them up on it.  Years ago I told a JW that I was Catholic and had spaghetti cooking on the stove currently so had no time to chat.  That worked for a bit...

• Haha 1

My older son served in the US Army in Afghanistan.  I asked him why there is a disproportionate number of LDS, as they now like to be called, in the military.  He explained that it can count as their mission.  Well that would be a no- brainer; knock on doors and pester people or get paid to gain marketable skills and access to GI Bill.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Yes.  The Mormons are usually kids bored out of their skulls enough to volunteer to help with yard chores.  I pity them, and never take them up on it.  Years ago I told a JW that I was Catholic and had spaghetti cooking on the stove currently so had no time to chat.  That worked for a bit...

I have nothing against them, but they came here to harass my ex after we were apart and I told the kid that I needed to speak to whoever sent them.  He tried to explain to me that this was a very important person and his time was valuable.  I blew a fuse with that statement, thinking their grand pooba's time is more valuable than mine.  They got scared and left. 

1 minute ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I have nothing against them, but they came here to harass my ex after we were apart and I told the kid that I needed to speak to whoever sent them.  He tried to explain to me that this was a very important person and his time was valuable.  I blew a fuse with that statement, thinking their time is more valuable than mine.  They got scared and left. 

Mormons or JW's?  Not that it matters just curious.

I scored a Mormon bible and tried to read it.  smh.

17 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Al dente I presume ?

22 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

What an A$$hole.  They have to put a sheriff who has more important things to do out there to be sure he stays in.

So there is a silver lining. 

Or best a silver bullet —

3 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Mormons or JW's?  Not that it matters just curious.

I scored a Mormon bible and tried to read it.  smh.

Mormons.  Never met a Jehovah witness.  I live in Las Vegas and we have a large population.  No need to dislike any group in general.

I prefer to dislike people on a personal basis. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Mormons.  Never met a Jehovah witness.  I live in Las Vegas and we have a large population.  No need to dislike any group in general.

I prefer to dislike people on a personal basis. 🤣

Same here.  I don't dislike any of them really, just disagree on their ridiculous beliefs.  But as in Team America, "sometimes beliefs are all we have"....