Fixed

USNRET

Spoke with my dealer. All is good the DSP gains are set lower than I expected. I could turn them up but I will never use all that is there, just comes in later on the volume knob twist. I would hazard a guess that I would never go above 70 out of 99. I have to be careful on the McIntosh 200 WPC with the Cornwalls as it comes in early.

• Like 1

The Xilica has gain adjustments on the inputs up to 15dB IIRC. Outputs also have gain adjustments. Being made primarily for pro use, live dynamic signals, they have lots of headroom available for our music reproducing systems. I would not hesitate to boost the gain level settings in the Xilica if you want to use more of the volume control on your preamp.

11 hours ago, USNRET said:

Who’s  around to lend a hand?

disc player via rca and optical, parasound P6 pre selected to either input from player and the xilica shows no action on level lights and zero sound.

using balanced, balanced selected

preamp out to xilica in and xilica out to amps. Amp gain 100%

Burn it with fire 

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, babadono said:

I would not hesitate to boost the gain level settings in the Xilica if you want to use more of the volume control on your preamp.

I agree, you will also keep all inputs and outputs at a minimum,  it will just be cruising along, keeping any distortion as low as possible. The amps will almost idle, much lower distortion than they are already rated for. 

20 hours ago, dtel said:

This is your problem I promise. 

There is a line voltage difference between consumer and pro equipment. In the Xlicia there is an adjustment to help with that. Pro takes more line voltage.

I don't have a Xlicia I have the original unit that was used, a EV DX38. I had to get a box called  Art Clean Box Pro. It goes between source and the EV DX (which is Pro) the box has a volume knob to increase the line voltage to correct the problem.

Before the ART box I had to crank half the volume to get anything, not any more it works great, it s exactly designed to adjust line voltage.

But the Xlicia has that built into the menu, I remember reading people using it to fix the line voltage problem

I saw the problem has been identified elsewhere, but wanted to throw out a +1 on the Art Box. Made a huge differnce with my combination home and pro gear.

If you are using Klipsch speakers and a pro amp and can't pin your ears back, check out this little box.