Jump to content

CES 2021 Klipsch Announces The Jubilee and Dolby ATMOS for your next CAR


dwilawyer

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, Edgar said:

That new compression driver looks just a bit like the Celestion Axiperiodic Driver. See section 27.10 of Kolbrek & Dunker.

 

If I'm correct, that's a US$1000+ driver right there.

I believe it does use a Celestion driver.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmmmm... is it an optical illusion or what. Is there really that much space on the sides of the 402 to put a beauty face plate to match the width of the bass bin? Or has the bass bin been altered in width also? Or do these new grills just stick out past the edges of the bass bin?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
13 minutes ago, babadono said:

Hmmmm... is it an optical illusion or what. Is there really that much space on the sides of the 402 to put a beauty face plate to match the width of the bass bin? Or has the bass bin been altered in width also? Or do these new grills just stick out past the edges of the bass bin?

It's a new bass bin, vented, now 20 and below, from the video

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, babadono said:

Hmmmm... is it an optical illusion or what. Is there really that much space on the sides of the 402 to put a beauty face plate to match the width of the bass bin? Or has the bass bin been altered in width also? Or do these new grills just stick out past the edges of the bass bin?

 

 

The new Jubilee bass bin is bigger than on the original Jubilee. You can see the new design by watching the video, 

 

 

On 1/11/2021 at 10:52 AM, dwilawyer said:

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, babadono said:

Roger, I got the venting part but did not understand it got wider.

 the cab  is about 8-9 inches wider   but the  cab is also taller  by another 4-5 inches as the horn is elevated 2006332416_75thAnniversaryJubilee.thumb.jpg.f88c127de187a495cdf707fd545ae5fb.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

 the cab  is about 8-9 inches wider   but the  cab is also taller  by another 4-5 inches as the horn is elevated 2006332416_75thAnniversaryJubilee.thumb.jpg.f88c127de187a495cdf707fd545ae5fb.jpg

How is this known? You got inside info or calibrated eyeballs?:)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
On 1/11/2021 at 9:20 PM, Schu said:

am I mistaken, or does the old LF section have a longer horn path...

Probably. It also has 1 woofer, vs. 2 12's on the KPT-KHJ-LF, and Roy's got it almost a full octive lower and the crossover point is 100hz higher. As someone else said, looks like scaled down 1502 (for sure same vented bass design).

 

I think it will have measureably less distortion than the KHJ, and be as, or slightly more, sensitive. 

 

Someone much smarter than I could tell you about what a Edit 2.27ms delay would equate to in terms of the length of the horn path on the KHJ.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

... what a 27ms delay would equate to in terms of the length of the horn path on the KHJ.

 

Speed of sound varies with conditions, but generally 1125-1135 feet per second is a good approximation. So 27ms equates to right around 30½ feet.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
2 hours ago, Edgar said:

 

Speed of sound varies with conditions, but generally 1125-1135 feet per second is a good approximation. So 27ms equates to right around 30½ feet.

Like I said someone way smarter than me could answer that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would say that in lower part it's no longer Jubilee but something that looks similar to it. If it sounds fine then OK. Esthetics is controversial for me.

Form new ideas I have loved The Fifteens (RIP) look but this one is on opposite side.

For me veneered Pro Jubilee version is nicer then this one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...