Chorus II passive radiator needed.

tickertape

let me resume -

klipsch manufactures and sells 1 passive drone  for the  Forte and Chorus series   , this drone is not pleated , it is  divided into 2 separate part numbers  for the Forte or the Chorus -

2 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

the klipsch Parts dept have very good prices ,PM @Trey Cannon , (Klipsch Employee )with your  contact information/tel , email  -

, maybe he can intercede with klipsch parts ,for them to call you or quote you  by Email ----due to Covid -  Regards Randy

Really inappropriate to put a specific employee on the spot to intercede with the Parts Dept.  I suggest they send email and make phone calls and get in line just like everyone else.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RandyH000 said:
  • Klipsch parts  sell a Chorus passive  ---⬇️

Chief bonehead

The chorus drone is different but can be ordered at klipsch. 

apparently you didnt read the thread & follow up posts, its been recently stated by klipsch parts dept that the kd16 is NOT available.  i asked chief to confirm this since last we knew it wasnt available & thats why everyone was buying the F3 kd15 passive.  so unless its something that is newly offered, so far we dont have a confirmation for the kd16.    

• Klipsch Employees
On 5/9/2021 at 10:31 AM, jimjimbo said:

Suggest you continue sending emails once per week to keep your request visible.

each NEW request makes a NEW ticket...replying with in the ticket will not and is the BEST way to keep in touch.  Each phone call makes a NEW ticket that requires a CSR to listen to a recording and edit the ticket. MUCH more work. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Trey Cannon said:

each NEW request makes a NEW ticket...replying with in the ticket will not and is the BEST way to keep in touch.  Each phone call makes a NEW ticket that requires a CSR to listen to a recording and edit the ticket. MUCH more work. 

I didn't say anything about generating a new request, that is your spin.

• Klipsch Employees
8 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

I didn't say anything about generating a new request, that is your spin.

Each NEW email is a NEW request if outside the original ticket...I am just saying that email outside of your ticket will make more new tickets. When behind, more new tickets on for the same issue or request slows things down.  Not that you did that...just letting folks know how it works.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Trey Cannon said:

This is all I could find on PR. it gives weight and size....It makes me wonder if someone hit a incorrect key ....KD-17? 

THIEL_SMALLS_ALL 5.pdf 61.36 kB · 6 downloads

hi trey, looking at that pdf, i see its dated 1992, years before the kd15 & kd16 were made for the forte 2 & chorus 2.  it also lists the kd14 & kd17 as "PRO" models.  is there any info related to the kd15 & kd16 passives?    

& since you are the one randy volunteered as a contact.... can you please confirm if the kd16 for a chorus 2 passive radiator is available to buy from klipsch?  myself & others have recently been told by klipsch parts dept that this unit is not available for sale, contradictory to comments that have been posted in the last couple weeks or so.  confirmation on this would be a big help for others needing this item & finally put this issue to rest.  thanks

@tickertape

The Forum members were advised of the availability through klipsch Parts  of  a passive for the Chorus  on 04-15-2021  , and this was re-confirmed on the 05-19-2021-

you can order the KD16 , you need  for the Chorus II through klipsch parts --Take Care

▶️Posted Friday at 04:17 PM

Chief bonehead

• Like 1

On 5/14/2021 at 3:17 PM, RandyH000 said:
  • Klipsch parts  sell a Chorus passive  ---⬇️

Chief bonehead

looks like you were wrong claiming this was available to buy when you said it was, a kd16 was not available to buy 4/15 ... chief just confirmed its only just now being made & wont be available for 2-3 weeks.  so your claims were incorrect & you had no idea if/when these were available.  just like all the other discontinued parts for older speakers like RF series you claimed could be bought from klipsch. 

you stated in the ch2 passive thread that the kd16 was avbailable from klipsch back in december of 2020!

The klipsch Parts dept  has the cheapest price for the original parts for the  Chorus II- 15 inch passive radiator , you can contact them via email -

troll on.

I wonder how many people bought KD-17's to replace their KD-16's based on the chief engineer of Klipsch stating that it was a suitable substitute? It's pretty frustrating to have already spent no less than 2 hours on the phone with the parts department, nearly 3 months of waiting and just shy of $200 to get parts that we are now told are not suitable as replacements. When this topic was being discussed Roy basically said that it works because I say it works. That was enough for me to trust him. I guess that was a mistake and I should've bought the replacement kits from Simply Speakers. Mistakes happen but a person in the position like that of a Chief Engineer of anything should not be making statements based off of anything but factual data. It feels like someone wanted to throw their title around to make statements knowing the people would follow whatever he said. I guess since he owned up to his mistake that makes everything all right. Only people that would see it that way are the ones who don't have any skin in the game.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, finallygotmyheresies said:

nearly 3 months of waiting and just shy of $200 to get parts that we are now told are not suitable as replacements.

-----did you ask klipsch if you could return the product and get an exchange for the correct KD-16 ? or modify your order if nothing shipped as of yet

7 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

-----did you ask klipsch if you could return the product and get an exchange for the correct KD-16 ? or modify your order if nothing shipped as of yet

I have reached out to Klipsch but only to order KD-16s. I don't feel right in asking the to accept a return of the KD-17s since I bought them last summer. If the parts department gave me wrong info then I may feel differently but since I used information from the forums then I can't fault them regardless of who gave the info. That line is slightly blurry in this case but I will just try to sell them to someone who needs them and doesn't want to wait for them. I have no issues with the parts department at Klipsch but they really seem heavily undermanned. On the bright side it's nice that they are providing support for their speakers with people here stateside.

• Moderators
12 hours ago, finallygotmyheresies said:

I wonder how many people bought KD-17's to replace their KD-16's based on the chief engineer of Klipsch stating that it was a suitable substitute? It's pretty frustrating to have already spent no less than 2 hours on the phone with the parts department, nearly 3 months of waiting and just shy of $200 to get parts that we are now told are not suitable as replacements. When this topic was being discussed Roy basically said that it works because I say it works. That was enough for me to trust him. I guess that was a mistake and I should've bought the replacement kits from Simply Speakers. Mistakes happen but a person in the position like that of a Chief Engineer of anything should not be making statements based off of anything but factual data. It feels like someone wanted to throw their title around to make statements knowing the people would follow whatever he said. I guess since he owned up to his mistake that makes everything all right. Only people that would see it that way are the ones who don't have any skin in the game.

Do you know him? Or what he is about?

Apparently not. You are so off base it doesn't even dignify a response.