Help us out

NOSValves

As you guy's may have heard Kelly has been working on a Web sight for me. To further my amplifier service side business out. Kelly and I get sercurity errors when entering the sight . Could you guys drop by and give it a peak and see if you do or don't get the error. Comcast tells me its the firewall on my router causing the problem.

Here it is the sights not complete but sure coming along nicely

http://home.earthlink.net/~nosvalves/

Kelly there a slight suprise there for you too !! Hope you don't get mad 1.gif

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelly,

looks like comcast was right and its my firewall. Do you have a firewall also ??

Mark,

This is all your fault !! If you wouldn't of got me going on these darn things !! I can't stop now and have never been able to say No !! So I figure I might just as well make some cash while doing it.

Craig

Oh and thanks guys !!

Paulparrot,

I think I fixed all the misspelled words in the equipment list.

TBabb,

We will have to keep that under are hats Heh !!

I hope Kelly doesn't get pissed with me editing his work !!

The big edit is on the first main page after the entry page. He had it defaulting to the HF-81 as the default picture. I had to change that 1.gif

Yeah, a lot of work to do just yet on that beast but at least it's up there and a start. Thanks for the comments here. Look for some high resolution photos of all the amps when a few come my way for photos. Thanks to Dean and Chris Robinson for a few shots to help.

Also coming will be some short reviews of various integrated and amp offerings as well as for sale amps and an ebay listing page for a few odds and ends.

As for the security flag, it still comes up on this end, especially in Netscape, a browser that I wish would just disappear (and this after using if for all those years). Making something work for both browsers is always a headache (ie I open in NAV and died...heh...another two hours shot).

As for Comcast's firewall suggestion, that is not the problem. For some reason, they are listing this as a secure site, which it isnt. So a mismatched cert. warning comes up.

kh

ps- heh...saw the amp switch! You sly dog. I went ahead and mirrored the image to face right. The left facing thing bugged me.

Thanks, Mark. Dont worry...you'll be firing up the iron in time. I dont know how many times I got burned out on various aspects of this whole thing only to come back later. I will say the only positive about hanging up the iron is enjoying the music! Hope you are listening to some good stuff!

Just some ideas, looks great so far.

1. On the mouse over. Going from B/W to full color looks great. However, it would look even better IMHO, if you would have a water mark of the B/W or Color (experiment) Scott behind the text that pops up on the right. Also, might want to increase the quality of the picture, look to Kelly's site on the intro, very high res or at least very well compressed picture.

2. Keep the "Parts" section with a white back ground.

3. Increase the picture quality on all pages. It is good now, but could be better.

Just about everything else on the site is wonderful. Hope he is not charging too much hehe 1.gif

Great job Kelly. If you ever need help with any web work, I offer my humble and free services to you, as if you need the help. LoL! Look'n good. BTW, that offer goes well in reverse, any help or ideas you can offer me w/o cost I will gladly take. Lord knows my site is a mess.

None of the pictures are high resolution shots which are coming later. The only page paid for really was the main page. I added all the text and extra pages as a favor since I didnt want to see "under contruction." Almost every picture was either taken off of amp ads from ebay or others with low resolution cameras. Dean did try hard with some nice shots but his camera is a bit lacking in the resolution dept. That WAS his 299 on the home page and Contact page.

Hats off to Chris who did send a hi-res shot of the EICO wiring.

kh

ps - Hope he is not charging too much here? Is this payback for the monster shot comment I made? lordie.... heh...

That IS the old 299 that Dean did on the Contact page. That amp was suppsed to come here for shots but the guy that bought it was not the team player on that one. And he is a forum lurker as well. Seems he didnt trust us! heh... I just think he wanted the beast right away. Cant say I blame him except that ole Craig offered the guy TWO YEARS of free warranty for the chance to take some shots. Personally, I thought he was crazy to pass that one up.

kh

Yea I was set back a little when the guy acted like we could possibly be anything buit honorable. Its kind of funny how 99% us have never met but we treat each other like we have been best friends for years !!

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions everyone.

Hey Kelly you doing the extra work is appreciated and rest assured I've already spent 2 days working on your 299a and that's just the basic rebuild and bias adjust mods now its tweak time !! You will get taken care of on this that is for sure.

Craig

Kelly/Craig,

The site makes me want get another vintage amp. Kelly's sites are always very easy to navigate. They also seem very easy on the eyes. I'm sure that sounds weird, but so many sites either appear obnoxious, unprofessional or both. MH's work always appears seamless. You never get the feeling you're missing something. I'm going to try and find an excuse to be a customer. Hmmmm...maybe a third system....

Regards,

Chris