missed deals....

Got_Horns

Starting a thread for any good deals that for whatever reason fell through.  We can pass tissues and hugs. 

I'll start with today...I was 2nd in line for a pair of klf 20s for 100$....I'm 🤢 over it.  I even tried bribing the seller with more money, but he honored the initial buyer.

While I can't recall specific deals, I've always wanted to ask the question-do you often feel like you want to be a Klipsch Savior?

What I mean is; you see Klipsch speakers on the secondary market at a good price and feel you want to buy them for no other reason

that the price is good? Of course, you'd wind up with more speakers than you could possibly listen to.

While I haven't succumbed to the urge, I continue to surf the popular web sites just to see what the good buys are and I'm while I'm tempted to buy,

I live to close to common sense!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Peter P. said:

While I can't recall specific deals, I've always wanted to ask the question-do you often feel like you want to be a Klipsch Savior?

What I mean is; you see Klipsch speakers on the secondary market at a good price and feel you want to buy them for no other reason

that the price is good? Of course, you'd wind up with more speakers than you could possibly listen to.

While I haven't succumbed to the urge, I continue to surf the popular web sites just to see what the good buys are and I'm while I'm tempted to buy,

I live to close to common sense!

I feel like that towards most quality things at a good price or deal. 

But I'm am tempted a little more for audio deals.

This deal hurt me extra. Because I have a pair of klf 20s already.  I could of used them for surrounds or made a center channel.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Got_Horns said:

Starting a thread for any good deals that for whatever reason fell through.  We can pass tissues and hugs. 

I'll start with today...I was 2nd in line for a pair of klf 20s for 100$....I'm 🤢 over it.  I even tried bribing the seller with more money, but he honored the initial buyer.

You definitely need more speakers!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

You definitely need more speakers!

I know, right?  I felt obligated because it was such a good deal. 

I even banned myself from doing the usual "Klipsch speaker" search.... That didn't last long

If you could have seen me walking around my place, with a damn tape measure...was like, "well I still have a path over there...if I just move that...I could"..  it was ridiculous.

It's a sickness and I need help.😆

Just waiting for a new member to pop up with the. "Got a great deal on some klfs" or the "what year were they made" thread. To rub it in. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Got_Horns said:

Just waiting for a new member to pop up with the. "Got a great deal on some klfs" or the "what year were they made" thread. To rub it in. 

More likely you'll see them back up for sale at 10x's the price at least that's how it seems to work around here

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Marvel said:

It was about 12 yrs. ago, so it would really make you cry. I don't actually remember the price. I was hoping JL would chime in.

Yeah, so a guy posted those Belles on Facebook or Craigslist and a flipper type guy bought em for I think $800.00. A week goes by and then he posted em for sale asking like $1,500.and I called him and said that he just beat me to them and that I wanted those for myself. I asked what would be the least he could take and if I recall correctly, I paid him $1,200.00. This where it gets good. I've really enjoyed them. They are the best speakers I will ever own and the most beautiful speaker design Paul ever made in my opinion. All that to say: Marvel, if you want, you can come get this speakers for what I paid for them. I haven't seen a pair of solid Belles on here for that kinda money in a looong time. Anybody else interested will have to pay $1,500.00. Which as we all know is a deal. There are pictures of them on the forum. Don't know if I can find them, but I could post new ones I guess.:)

• Like 2