What DAC & Amp are you using with Heritage Speakers

JMeader

On 7/25/2023 at 8:33 AM, the real Duke Spinner said:

Nikko. ..

Had a Beta ...before my ex-wife made it dissapear. 🤬

Exes are exes for a reason, or several reasons in some cases.  In those cases, just thinking about the time spent/wasted with them can cause gnashing of teeth, loudly spoken or forcefully muttered expletives, or even a manly tear or two (but not more than two, since then you're drifting into less manly categories).  More than two manly tears are reserved for things like the last few minutes of Easy Rider or Vanishing Point, or the scene in Saving Private Ryan on D-Day where the soldiers are being slaughtered on the beach by heavy machine guns, and even diving into the water gives no shelter from the heavy-caliber bullets.  Your personal tear triggers may vary, of course.  Those are just a few scenes that are hard for me to watch.  For you, it might be the sight of your favourite team being eliminated from the Championship in the last minute of the game.  You get what I mean.

Duke, I hope you were able to replace your Beta with something even better.

2 hours ago, Islander said:

Exes are exes for a reason, or several reasons in some cases.  In those cases, just thinking about the time spent/wasted with them can cause gnashing of teeth, loudly spoken or forcefully muttered expletives, or even a manly tear or two (but not more than two, since then you're drifting into less manly categories).  More than two manly tears are reserved for things like the last few minutes of Easy Rider or Vanishing Point, or the scene in Saving Private Ryan on D-Day where the soldiers are being slaughtered on the beach by heavy machine guns, and even diving into the water gives no shelter from the heavy-caliber bullets.  Your personal tear triggers may vary, of course.  Those are just a few scenes that are hard for me to watch.  For you, it might be the sight of your favourite team being eliminated from the Championship in the last minute of the game.  You get what I mean.

Went all Crown  ..

Straight Line into MacroTech. 🙂

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I have an Aegir pushing two KLF 10s in a relatively large room - 12' x 30' basement rec room.  I purchased the KLF 10s when I was very young...just a kid with his first decent paycheck.  They were sitting in my basement until I purchased an Aegir, Saga+, and Modius DAC.  The volume is just sufficient.  It sounds good but if I push the Saga+ preamp volume past 3/4....which is just loud enough for comfortable listening......the Aegir goes into protection mode.  I keep a laptop cooling fan under the Aegir which seems to help dissapate the heat.  Any less power and I would probably be dissapointed.   All that being said, with the lossless files on Tidal....you get a taste of that in the room feeling.  But now...having had whif of HiFi...and having heard Magnepan LRS speakers......Im in the conundrum.  Do I just get the new Vidar and pair with the LRS?  OR........do I go for broke....get a Kara or Freya + along with another Aegir....and run as mono blocs....trying to push the Magnepans.....???????

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, johnclarkbrost said:

I have an Aegir pushing two KLF 10s in a relatively large room - 12' x 30' basement rec room.  I purchased the KLF 10s when I was very young...just a kid with his first decent paycheck.  They were sitting in my basement until I purchased an Aegir, Saga+, and Modius DAC.  The volume is just sufficient.  It sounds good but if I push the Saga+ preamp volume past 3/4....which is just loud enough for comfortable listening......the Aegir goes into protection mode.  I keep a laptop cooling fan under the Aegir which seems to help dissapate the heat.  Any less power and I would probably be dissapointed.   All that being said, with the lossless files on Tidal....you get a taste of that in the room feeling.  But now...having had whif of HiFi...and having heard Magnepan LRS speakers......Im in the conundrum.  Do I just get the new Vidar and pair with the LRS?  OR........do I go for broke....get a Kara or Freya + along with another Aegir....and run as mono blocs....trying to push the Magnepans.....???????

Welcome to the Forum.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2023 at 12:05 PM, Islander said:

All Crown at this point .

Jolida CD is exceptional. 🙂

Running A/B speaker setup JBL 4430,and Klipsch KLF 30. 🙂

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...