A brief audio journey through photos.

charlieboy

I occasionally check your website and am always amazed and impressed with your journey. You have a great space and equipment and are one of my favorites to follow along. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to the continued evolution!

Jeremy

• Like 3

On 4/5/2023 at 4:22 AM, charlieboy said:

Looks like you would have liked a pair of Canterbury's , question  what were these blue dual woofer cabs with the JBL style wood horns , were these EV drivers ?

Thanks for sharing, charlieboy. A very impressive journey through the high-end country. What are the drivers with the coax horn in the big speaker cabinet on the far right in the start picture of the video? They seem to be your linchpin, they keep popping up in between like a reference.

1 hour ago, KT88 said:

high-end

Regards to Cologne . I always have my problems with the term "High End" what should it say ? Technologically, of course, it is meaningful, meaning the highest price and quality level, especially in terms of technical performance. But what does that have to do with the sound of a system ? I have ever heard a lot of such systems in my life, not all have sounded really good although they were insanely expensive.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Regards to Cologne . I always have my problems with the term "High End" what should it say ? Technologically, of course, it is meaningful, meaning the highest price and quality level, especially in terms of technical performance. But what does that have to do with the sound of a system ? I have ever heard a lot of such systems in my life, not all have sounded really good although they were insanely expensive.

I'm right there with you, MicroMara. The term "high end" was not chosen very happily. It was due to the impression that the collection as a whole looks very high quality. Of course, an ultra-expensive system can sound very sterile and a cleverly combined system of not too expensive or e.g. vintage equipment can sound very musical. I know these experiences myself. Here is a link from the other thread about the video from Milan at the hifi show, 5th post. Even via the iPhone recording of the youtube guy I hear that some of the systems would never be my thing, e.g. Wilson. And even on the iPad I hear the different natural sound of the Heritage Jubilees (although they are not cheap, but that doesn't matter now).

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, KT88 said:

I'm right there with you, MicroMara. The term "high end" was not chosen very happily. It was due to the impression that the collection as a whole looks very high quality. Of course, an ultra-expensive system can sound very sterile and a cleverly combined system of not too expensive or e.g. vintage equipment can sound very musical. I know these experiences myself. Here is a link from the other thread about the video from Milan at the hifi show, 5th post. Even via the iPhone recording of the youtube guy I hear that some of the systems would never be my thing, e.g. Wilson. And even on the iPad I hear the different natural sound of the Heritage Jubilees (although they are not cheap, but that doesn't matter now).

https://m.facebook.com/groups/570599031045079/?multi_permalinks=946344993470479&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic&notif_id=1680490672805695&ref=m_notif&paipv=0&eav=AfbyroYcRe8jMSS792ji5kFC8pwEX9-ekWk4-_aOeGU0QvubJlQTykORAKDDLDu-vcc

Try this link

https://m.facebook.com/groups/570599031045079/?multi_permalinks=946344993470479&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic&notif_id=1680490672805695&ref=m_notif&paipv=0&eav=AfbyroYcRe8jMSS792ji5kFC8pwEX9-ekWk4-_aOeGU0QvubJlQTykORAKDDLDu-vcc

On 4/9/2023 at 1:25 PM, OO1 said:

Looks like you would have liked a pair of Canterbury's , question  what were these blue dual woofer cabs with the JBL style wood horns , were these EV drivers ?

They are all Altec drivers and speakers from a set of 9844 monitors (414 woofers, 802 drivers etc.). They have been done in a vertical array with Yuichi Arai 480 horns.

spacer.png

• Like 3