Heresy iv or Cornwall for my space?

Fotis1972

18 minutes ago, Fotis1972 said:

For some reason bcs Polychronidis knows all the heritage series he didn't suggest me forte, maybe bcs they need some space from back wall due to radiator and i cant put  them 3ft out.

If i cant listen them its very difficult to decide.....

Yes, they only need maybe 6 inches or a foot but, yes whatever. Not a salesman...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, amped said:

What is it that’s lacking in your system now? 

I want more clarity, better slam attack tighter, but I also know that room is the first impact. I have rt60 0.4-0.5 with carpets. Above 0.5 without carpets. 

For example I listen jbl sa750 (it's an Arcam sa30) with jbl L100 and take five from Joe Morello. 

The drums slam my body, I came here to listen, very good bass but not nearly the same. 

His space had beat 0.3 rt60, opposite to live room. So the bass is tighter more slam etc eyc

So finally in my room I believe I can't get that sound whatever I buy.... 

I think.... 

I want more clarity, better slam attack tighter, but I also know that room is the first impact. I have rt60 0.4-0.5 with carpets. Above 0.5 without carpets. 

For example I listen jbl sa750 (it's an Arcam sa30) with jbl L100 and song Take five from Joe Morello. 

The drums slam my body, I came here to listen, very good bass but not nearly the same. 

His space had 0.3 rt60, opposite to live room. So the bass is tighter more slam etc etc

So finally in my room I believe I can't get that sound whatever I buy.... 

I think.... 

Your opinions.?

I want better clarity, more balanced sound, better slam tighter, etc. 

I know room impact is the most important. I have rt60 with carpets above 200hz 0.4-0.5, but on lows 0.5,0.8 very high. 

I listen in a retail shop jbl sa750(Arcam sa30 like) with jbl l100 (similar to heresy) and song Take five - Joe Morello. His rt60 near 0.3 opposite to mine live room. 

The drums had a slam, body that vibrate my body. GREATTT

I came to my house and listen, I had great bass but not nearly the same. Even different setup I believe the room was responsible for that. 

So whatever speaker I buy I don't think I can get that sound..... 🙄😔

Opinions? 

10 minutes ago, Fotis1972 said:

I read that they need 3ft,also passive isn't so good solution as bass reflex

When I had Forte IIIs they sounded best ~10" from the wall behind them. As much as I am a proponent of conventional speakers pulled way into the room, horns are a different beast. I think you'd lose some of the magic of the Forte by having them 3 ft. into the room. Whoever told you that isn't someone to be trusted.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, billybob said:

Yes, they only need maybe 6 inches or a foot but, yes whatever. Not a salesman...

We have the ChrorusII's (A larger version of forte's) 7 inches from the wall. Work great! Our room, gear and our ears though..👌

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Find a nice used pair of forte IV and you are set for life.  They are more than enough speaker for any environment.  Bass is tighter and punchier than the Cornwall INMHO.  After 30 years of owning forte II, I upgraded to the forte IV about 6 months ago.  I auditioned Cornwall IV prior to purchasing and still prefer the forte IV over.  As others mentioned optimal distance from rear wall depending on environment is 6-12 inches.  Mine are 9 inches from rear wall.  Whoever told you that they needed to be 3 feet out from the rear wall is completely insane.  Believe it or not the footprint of the forte is actually smaller than that of the Heresy.  True the forte stands taller, but the depth and width are slightly less by about a quarter inch.  GLWS.  Don't shy away from a used mint pair.  That is the route I went saved myself $1,500.00 with taxes.  Came with boxes, inserts, etc. They were only 4 weeks old.  Twas a full day drive round trip, but well worth the savings. Do not worry about 10 year warranty.  You would have to do something real STUPID to have to exercise.  Deals like the one below can be had within a reasonable driving distance from you if you are patient. 

(1) Marketplace - Klipsch Forte 4 Lambs Wool Grills and original grills | Facebook

• Like 1

My Forte 1s and Forte IVs both sound best between 10" and 12" from rear wall and with my REL S812 Subwoofer they sound like much larger speakers.I have never heard Cornwalls but I had Heresies and the Forte IVS sound much better to my ears in my space.

• Like 2

....'sound much better to my ears in my space.' What matters most 👌 Originally we had HeresyII's. Then after having a listen to a friends ChorusII's in his home, we had to have a set too. Still own and love our Heresy's too though, but like you said... Our son has the new Forte' IV's. He grew up with Klipsch in our home. After auditioning a set, he had to have those new Forte's. We have yet to listen ourselves, but after listening to him speak how much he loves them ( a LOT), he's very happy. Wish he didn't live so far away now, but his career required it. Montana to now in Ohio.

• Like 1

You do have room for Fortes.  I very much like the IVs; they have similar drivers to the Heresy IVs.  The distance to the wall is very flexible and room dependent.  You might find 150mm is good. 

Your Reference center will not match the Heritage sound well, but you might not mind.  I did not dislike my old KLF-C7 between La Scalas.

Heresy IVs do not need a subwoofer for music.  I recommend them wholeheartedly.  You will want to keep your subwoofers for the special effects channel.  The open E of a double bass/electric bass is down a little from the G, but you might think it was recorded that way.  H IVs are quite accurate and sound natural.  They will have the "size" and clarity you want, I believe.  Sound comes out of mine whole and there is no way to identify the location of the drivers, unlike my H Is. 

I assume other members of the RF family do not meet your desires.   

• Like 3