ever criticize an advertiser on avs forum?

minn_male42

----------------

On 1/30/2003 11:46:18 PM Mad Dog wrote:

Anyways, we have yours truly, RussKon, to solely thank for the closing of all the threads. Like they say, one bad egg is all it takes to ruin it for us all...
8.gif

----------------

Errr.. correction, a few bad eggs 4.gif

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dale... doing good however, I have fully decided to get the plates, pins and screws removed. When I move my arm a certian way, I can feel the metal pulling at my skin from the inside. It hurts and makes me irritable. Kinda like a woman with PMS. 73.gif

Oh and I can fully image it must have sucked butt in the worst way.

I never sucked any butt !

but

I had to get someone else to wipe my butt !!!!

my wife is sitting on the couch beside me watching tv as i play on the computer, hell if she looked over and seen me telling you boy's this, i'm sure she'd cut me off the full meal deal for awhile .

To give you Rocket guys some insight... I went on vacation about 3 weeks ago. My sole purpose was to tear appart my theater and do a bunch of reconstruction on it. As you can see if you visit my web site, I made some progress "pre" vacation and then I got one full day of vacation before I fell off my *#$&% latter and shattered my wrist. Thus my two week vacation was ruined. Facken sucked.

You can go search for a thread called something like "I think i just broke my wrist" Got some pics there for ya to see... Some of it is quit commical.

TinHere... It's a friggen zoo here at times 2.gif ... Just watch out for our resident political wacko ForrestHump2.... This guy will attack and slam from nowhere. He just goes off sometimes. Some of it is just commical because he can be so out there.

Mad Dog,

No disrespect intended, but I believe that you need to check your facts. First, anyone that uses a dial-up connection gets a new IP address every time they log on to their ISP. Second, it is not exactly difficult to have multiple accounts under different names on a forum. There is a bit more to it, but the "controls" you cite could easily be circumvented.

I have no information as to whom may be responsible nor did I imply any specific person(s) were responsible. I suspect that the odds that the data set is genuine is truly remote.

If the data set was not suspect, why remove it? Was this the electronic equivalent of shredding the evidence?

Bill

PS: The poll was closed, but the results were posted by Tom_B, hence no electronic shredding. Sorry for getting carried away. Rockets were favored by 27% of thee survey responders followed by B&W and Paradigm. The results for B&W and Paradigm are believable for me. It is only Rocket that seems so unlikely. b

----------------

On 1/31/2003 1:08:28 AM MrMcGoo wrote:

Mad Dog,

No disrespect intended, but I believe that you need to check your facts. First, anyone that uses a dial-up connection gets a new IP address every time they log on to their ISP. Second, it is not exactly difficult to have multiple accounts under different names on a forum. There is a bit more to it, but the "controls" you cite could easily be circumvented.

I have no information as to whom may be responsible nor did I imply any specific person(s) were responsible. I suspect that the odds that the data set is genuine is truly remote.

If the data set was not suspect, why remove it? Was this the electronic equivalent of shredding the evidence?

Bill

PS: The poll was closed, but the results were posted by Tom_B, hence no electronic shredding. Sorry for getting carried away. Rockets were favored by 27% of thee survey responders followed by B&W and Paradigm. The results for B&W and Paradigm are believable for me. It is only Rocket that seems so unlikely. b

----------------

Hi Bill,

Actually, since I wondered about the integrity of the poll and wanted to check on the controls, I tried voting again after I submitted my vote but the choices had been replaced by the poll results even when I logged in at a later time. Since my DSL assigns a new IP address each time, I should have been able to vote with each new IP address however the voting was tied to my user ID.

The second scenario that one person creating multiple user accounts is possible given that the individual could create one with each and every email address he/she has. However, I would find this unlikely. Possible but unlikely. I believe that if the poll was administered on the soundandvisionmag forum, the results would have been skewed towards B&W as that forum is very B&W friendly. Axiom and Norh speakers would most likely have fared very well on HarmonicDiscord. The AVScience forum just so happens to have a very dedicated following for AV123's products such as the Divas and Rockets. Again, with something as unimportant and trivial as a speaker poll, do you really and I mean REALLY think that folks would go through the trouble of stuffing the ballot box??? Besides if Rocket folks are accused of doing it, wouldn't it be fair to say that the others could also have been duplicated as well? If so, then the entire poll is invalid since there is no data integrity at all. If the poll results came out stating that B&W held 30% of the votes while the others combined only garnered 70%, would you be more accepting of the results even though the data could be just as easily manipulated? Has it occurred to you that maybe the Rockets fared so well in the vote simply because they are a good product and people like the way they sound.

But ultimately it doesn't matter anyways since I would never buy based soley on forum recommendations. A recommendation will serve as a trigger to begin my research on a particular product but i always like to audition the product first before pulling the final trigger to buy something. So even though the Rockets came out on top in the voting by alot, I would still do my due diligense so as to insure that I enjoy a speaker.

----------------

On 1/31/2003 1:08:28 AM MrMcGoo wrote:

Mad Dog,

Bill

----------------

Hi Bill,

Actually, since I wondered about the integrity of the poll and wanted to check on the controls, I tried voting again after I submitted my vote but the choices had been replaced by the poll results even when I logged in at a later time. Since my DSL assigns a new IP address each time, I should have been able to vote with each new IP address however the voting was tied to my user ID.

The second scenario that one person creating multiple user accounts is possible given that the individual could create one with each and every email address he/she has. However, I would find this unlikely. Possible but unlikely. I believe that if the poll was administered on the soundandvisionmag forum, the results would have been skewed towards B&W as that forum is very B&W friendly. Axiom and Norh speakers would most likely have fared very well on HarmonicDiscord. The AVScience forum just so happens to have a very dedicated following for AV123's products such as the Divas and Rockets. Again, with something as unimportant and trivial as a speaker poll, do you really and I mean REALLY think that folks would go through the trouble of stuffing the ballot box??? Besides if Rocket folks are accused of doing it, wouldn't it be fair to say that the others could also have been duplicated as well? If so, then the entire poll is invalid since there is no data integrity at all. If the poll results came out stating that B&W held 30% of the votes while the others combined only garnered 70%, would you be more accepting of the results even though the data could be just as easily manipulated? Has it occurred to you that maybe the Rockets fared so well in the vote simply because they are a good product and people like the way they sound.

But ultimately it doesn't matter anyways since I would never buy based soley on forum recommendations. A recommendation will serve as a trigger to begin my research on a particular product but i always like to audition the product first before pulling the final trigger to buy something. So even though the Rockets came out on top in the voting by alot, I would still do my due diligense so as to insure that I enjoy a speaker.

C'mon...AVS might a reputation here of being "too nice" but to discuss conspiracy you should really be rereading this thread. I think the conspiracy was described as an anomaly for the board members here. The basic difference between the boards is that this is a Klipsch dedicated board that welcomes others to come and post. AVS is NOT a product dedicated board, and in fact Rockets aren't even advertisers there. The fact that they did well in a poll where many Rocket owners met and discovered them only speaks to the fact that those people like them. If a speaker poll was taken here the outcome would be in much less doubt and probably not as representative. It's all about who is responding to the polls, not how many times each one voted, and you can be sure that 25% isn't Rocket's market share.

Must every motivation be seen as underhanded? Could the person who set up the poll simply be creating an interesting study to further discussions on the board? Nah...no controvercy there. I also think as bad as another place may be, the place you are at is no better because of that.

Hmmmm,

I can believe the poll over there is genuine.

After a brief glance through the forum the number of posts that have to do with the Rockets is pretty huge.

I figure there are a bunch rocket lovers over there and the results make sense for that forum.

I mean c'mon if you were to do a door to door poll that was a true cross section of society think of how many people out there still have old JBL,Altec,Boston Acoustics, etc.

This has been a kind of fun week for me but its gotten me a little worn out from trying to keep track of two different forums14.gif

I'm propably not going to be spending as much time on the boards next month because my college classes start up again which means I'm back to fourty hours of school a week plus homework14.gif15.gif14.gif

btw, j malotky.

those durn two channel guys have gotten me thinkin' about my setup also.

My reciever just dont have the sound for 2 channel music15.gif

I see tubes in my future...

Peace, Josh

Hello Klipsch Guys...

Wow... I have to say that this forum is sensational in all respects... Bravo... I've spent some time searching around a bit before registering etc. Lots of great information here...

Please allow me to introduce myself... I'm Mark L. Schifter from av123 / Perpetual Technologies ~ Rocket Loudspeakers et. all... 1.gif

I have a deep and profound respect for Klipsch products... and as pointed out somewhere else in this thread... I need a bit of a primer on some of the newer products and re-introductions etc. --- but my respect is genuine... I've been at this for 33 years now... and the first speakers I sold were Altec's, JBL's, and Klipsch at Ametron (the old one on Melrose... and the newer one on Vine Street)in Hollywood, California, beginning at 13 years of age...

... and YES... I've owned several Klipsch products... 9.gif

I decided to show up and indentify myself to all of you because of one comment made here... This was the comment about my offering a discount on Rocket Loudspeakers to a forum member...

The gentleman involved was also part of another thread on another board that did not go well for any of us... a very civil and professional conversation started via e-mail when this person was interested in our other line --- ONIX Reference...

As this person indetified himself as an "industry person" (and I was able to verify this through some industry connections)... I told him if he really wanted to listen to our products... a "professional courtesy" would be offered... I did in fact offer this discount. There was nothing more said about this --- post offer...

The context I found this information offered in this thread was less than savory (IMHO)... so I'm here to just set the record straight... and --- GAB ABOUT AUDIO (if you'll allow me to do so)... I'm NOT here to chat about my speakers...

This is obviously a very nice place... lots of opinions being shared etc. and easy to read and like... perhaps we could learn a thing or two about Forums here for av123 also... We ARE after all... still learning...

Thanks for taking the time...

Wishing everyone here all the very best...

mls

(please forgive the long signature... but I clearly want to identify myself)...