Do I need to replace my diaphragms in all my horns for my 1980 LaScala's?

bsacco1

People ask for proof, and when you give it to them, they don’t listen. It doesn’t matter how many times or ways you explain it to them. 

Measurements were provided here, for both capacitors and autotransformers. 

I just posted ESR measurements on the Vintage Klipsch Fans Facebook page a few days ago. No one really cares, either due to confirmation bias, or simply an inability to grasp the implications.  

I was going to post Boxler’s amazing results on the autoformer with some of my own measurements. I have decided not to waste my time. It’s an exercise in futility. 

Considering what has transpired here over the last year it is astonishing that there are still people who think that nothing has been proven or discussed at length.

• Like 2

Well, everyone knows Roy and Klipsch could care less about support for vintage Heritage. They will lie, mislead and do whatever it takes to get you folks to drag them to the curb and buy new speakers. Klipsch also has an incompetent engineering department that’s afraid of being shown up by third party vendors, where the super smart people work - that’s why they don’t want us talking about them here! 

All of them networks look just like Klipsch so they must still be Klipsch! Yes yes I know the parts are all different and it sounds different but prove to me it’s different! It’s a factory spec upgrade! 🤪

lmao. Some of you have lost your damn minds. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Unfortunately, I bought what I thought were upgraded x-vers called the Super AA crossover from Al KapPenPainInTheAssBerger.

What a joke.

Al K. is a joke.

Don't waste your time, effort or intellectual curiosity on Al. He is a village idiot.

-bob

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Bubo said:

Customers haven't received valuable free tech support on the forum ?

or

Crites wasn't high value keeping the installed base alive waiting 2 decades for happier times ?

or

The tinkers on the forum didn't move the ball on mods and new product while providing thousands of hours of free tech support ?

All of the above, especially the last one. Simply pure myth, hatched in the minds of those who believe that their intuition is equivalent to factual reality and not understanding that correlation doesn’t equal causation. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
23 hours ago, Deang said:

Well, everyone knows Roy and Klipsch could care less about support for vintage Heritage. They will lie, mislead and do whatever it takes to get you folks to drag them to the curb and buy new speakers. Klipsch also has an incompetent engineering department that’s afraid of being shown up by third party vendors, where the super smart people work - that’s why they don’t want us talking about them here! 

All of them networks look just like Klipsch so they must still be Klipsch! Yes yes I know the parts are all different and it sounds different but prove to me it’s different! It’s a factory spec upgrade! 🤪

lmao. Some of you have lost your damn minds. 

You got me there brother. 

Satire, a very powerful form of communication, more so when the reveal isn’t until the last line.

However, I did in fact think it would be cool if they used rare earth magnets to affix grilles. (Luther did that on my UG Jubilees). Three years after I had that thought, Klipsch started doing just that. Clearly they are stealing my thoughts. Note to self, write strongly worded letter to Mr. Jacobs insisting on 50 cents per unit royalty on behalf of Luther, and a letter to Luther suggesting 10% finders fee would be appropriate. Place order for new Jubilees on credit card, pay credit card bill with royalties that will soon be rolling in. End note.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1