What av receiver should I buy

Jonah blue

Hi! I’m looking to build a home theater set up. I want the 504c II center channel, 600m II bookshelves, two rp 8060 Dolby atmos for towers and an rp 1000 or 1200 sub. My issues is that I have no idea where to start for a receiver. Any recommendations? I want something that will get the best out of the speakers

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jonah blue said:

I saw that the 7.2 slimline has 50w and the premium 7.2 by marantz has 100w. The slimline obviously is cheaper but will the 50w be enough to drive the towers or would I be better off spending the extra money for 100w.

100 watts or better is what I suggest. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2023 at 8:53 PM, CWOReilly said:

100 watts or better is what I suggest. 

I always had 80-85W rated Pioneers and had no issues with loudness. My current Denon is 95W rated, but it's not as loud as my previous Pioneers. Imo and based on my research Denon and Marantz avr's are overrated in loudness department, so definitely get a 100W model.

• Like 3

On 11/2/2023 at 8:05 PM, Jonah blue said:

Hi! I’m looking to build a home theater set up. I want the 504c II center channel, 600m II bookshelves, two rp 8060 Dolby atmos for towers and an rp 1000 or 1200 sub. My issues is that I have no idea where to start for a receiver. Any recommendations? I want something that will get the best out of the speakers

how much do you want to spend ,  new or used ...

22 hours ago, dimanata2007 said:

I always had 80-85W rated Pioneers and had no issues with loudness. My current Denon is 95W rated, but it's not as loud as my previous Pioneers. Imo and based on my research Denon and Marantz avr's are overrated in loudness department, so definitely get a 100W model.

Thank you. Great advice for someone wondering

A 30 Receiver will fall flat on peaks. 🙄

For Jonah  Blue  I am new to this forum but I am currently rebuilding my audio / video gear.  I just bought a Denon AVR #X1700H that has glowing reviews all over the net.  Its 80W per channel x 2 and is 7.1 surround sound.  It includes all the bells and whistles and so far I love it.  If you have fairly efficient speakers you might want to do some research on this unit.  Too many features to list here.  They drive my KSP400 towers speakers, Klipsch center speaker, Polk audio surround speakers with an extra sub with no problems. It has a sweet sound in 2 channel and in surround.  This might be a unit to look at.  Good luck in your search.  Johnny D 

Edited by KSP400 guy

On 11/3/2023 at 2:05 AM, Jonah blue said:

Your choice will depend on your specific needs and preferences. You might want to consider factors such as the number of inputs and outputs you need, the receiver's power output, whether it supports 4K or 8K, and the types of audio formats it supports.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Donny Anthony said:

Your choice will depend on your specific needs and preferences. You might want to consider factors such as the number of inputs and outputs you need, the receiver's power output, whether it supports 4K or 8K, and the types of audio formats it supports.

Welcome to the forum @Donny Anthony