Klipschorns Questions???

Erivera1990

3 hours ago, Marvel said:

THE real AK3. Would present as Klipsch designed it. Whether it's better is personal taste. Is that $650 for a pair or single? Steep price to pay...

I'm okay with the Klipsch designs, but ur starting to talk big money.

lol. I spent $5K to bring back the T2A, T4A, the graded 5mH ferrite bobbin, the 2.5mH, 4.0mH, and all the small air cores - all in wax. How REAL do you want it?

Considering how long it takes to wire and solder the things, $650.00 a pair shipped is a good deal. Labor is $150.00 per board. The rest is parts.

IMG_0002.jpeg

IMG_1310.jpeg

IMG_1263.jpeg

IMG_1111.jpeg

IMG_1113.jpeg

IMG_1112.jpeg

• Like 5

Ok, I deserve the smackdown.

Besides the authenticity, everything you put together is a work of art.

For sure, some of that has to do with scale. DJK's brother and I used to talk about this all the time. We wanted to build an audio mixer, but building a one off is always going to cost more than building 200. You would just have to invest in supplies/time to make the 200 and hope you could sell all of them.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Deang said:

lol. I spent $5K to bring back the T2A, T4A, the graded 5mH ferrite bobbin, the 2.5mH, 4.0mH, and all the small air cores - all in wax. How REAL do you want it?

Considering how long it takes to wire and solder the things, $650.00 a pair shipped is a good deal. Labor is $150.00 per board. The rest is parts.

IMG_0002.jpeg

IMG_1310.jpeg

IMG_1263.jpeg

IMG_1111.jpeg

IMG_1113.jpeg

IMG_1112.jpeg

Beautiful job!

23 hours ago, Erivera1990 said:

Thank you for your feedback, I got the AK3 Gold from Crites, and wow! They sound way better! Compared with the A 4,500hz.

I don't know if I like SoniCaps or not, but I think you'll be fine with those crossovers.  Enjoy¡ 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Deang said:

IMG_0002.jpeg

IMG_1310.jpeg

IMG_1263.jpeg

IMG_1111.jpeg

IMG_1113.jpeg

IMG_1112.jpeg

Total Production Time 1 hour. 🙄

5 hours ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

Not to argue

But as a electrician for 50 years I would be off the Job if I took more than an hour ...Assuming all the Parts were there

Lol. I’m glad you aren’t building networks for a living. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1