Dale Walker's Preamp: Pantheon 6SN7 SRPP Construction Pics

mobile homeless

Jean-Francois has completed Dale Walker's 6SN7 SRPP Line Stage. Click below

to take a look at the wiring/construction pics taken by J-F. Whether into

gear or not, this is some REALLY nice work with quality you dont see often.

Chris Robinson's Jensen Copper Foil model is up next.

Jean-Francois informs me this pre sounds as good as it looks. Expectations

have been met and surpassed according to Jean-Francois as it bests his Loesch

inspired Reference.

Dale is pretty excited to couple this to the Dynaco Mk III Monos Craig has been

re-building. Chris' preamp is coming here for an audition and some pics. This

is some great stuff, and all hand done.

Craig and Jean-Francois - Excellent work! I cant wait to hear this piece.

build1.jpg

build2.jpg

kh

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the compliments which will surely be passed on to Jean-Francois. I truly think this really is extraordinary work here as well (for a Quebec loon!) He is trying this current incarnation with and without bypass caps as well as comparing with Auricap and Jensen Copper Foil Oils and possibly vintage Russian foil oils if they arrive in time.

See the rear of the unit taken earlier today in Jean-Francois' system while going through burn-in.

rear_wire.jpg

It goes without saying, the price for this preamp is so far below what he could be getting, it really is a bargain.

kh

----------------

On 1/28/2003 2:57:16 AM dbflash wrote:

What tubes does this preamp use?

Danny
----------------

SPECIFICATIONS

Gain: 10 both outputs

High Z output: 10K

Low Z output: 800 ohm

Input impedance: 100K

Tubes: 2 6SN7~5692

Rectification: 1 5AR4~5Y3~5R4GY

Measurements: H 7" W 10 1/4" D 14 1/4"

That is a beautiful peace of equipment.

I am in awe of it.

Peace, Josh

With as much intrest in Jean Francois work thats on this board we might have to start a new posting area just for his stuff.

I'm getting a little excited for my newest gear to arrive, alot of you guy's know craig and his work. According to craig the dynaco's are in tip top shape with a sound all there own. Coupled to the pantheon pre-amp should produce some nice results, you'll all be sure to get a complete review from me later.

Kelly can take a step forward and bow to my applause, I can't thank him enough for bringing us to jean francois and allowing me to aquire such a fine piece of gear.The favour will be returned if i'm ask'ed apon.

dale make sure you ask craig to do the "triode mod" to the mkIVs before returning them, simple to do clip two wires and install a small resistor. I had this done (installed with a switch so I can change back to triode if I wish) and they sounded great! I like the triode mode so much I have yet to switch back to pentode. regards, tony

Kelly,

Consider me officially "in line" for one of the preamps. You have mail.

Tony, you suck. You should have bought my Apollos - which you will end up with anyway after you find out how completely inadequate 3 watts is. Send me an email when you're ready to sell. 9.gif

I hope jean-francois ( aka / painful reality ) has some time off work coming up , looks like he's going to be one busy boy .

For those of you who have watched this saga unfolding for the past month or so and for those who have not. The hard wood of this pre-amp is 201 years old , that in itself makes this piece next to impossible to replace and or put a true value on.

If i had the extra cash laying around right now i'd get some matching amps to round off a truely priceless set up. Thats not to say there's anything wrong with craigs dynaco mods but a matching set up would be awsome.

looks like were all going to have some more common ground to talk about besides are speakers.