Colin

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello:

Mine is Jackson Browne's "Doctor my Eyes." Near the end there is a high point where the bass, drums and guitar kick in. As the song fades if you can distinguish the drums, bass, JB's voice without blur like you can on a Klipsch, you've got a great speaker!

Geez - I don't know how I missed this thread earlier. Sure is fun reading through here.

Since Colin did say you are to be ashamed by this, here goes -

With the B&O 1700 Beogram TT, HK430 and Heresy I downstairs in my office - whenever I put on The Monkees Greatest Hits (yep, really does have music on both sides) and get to 'Daydream Believer' I stop all, close my eyes and drift into the song (this is really what happens).

There, I am now out of the closet...

Outside of the 'Grease' & 'Saturday Night Fever' sountracks, strange music from some country I've never heard of, and Barry Manilow -- I don't see anything here to be embarassed about.

As for me, I binge on chocolate and sugar enriched cereal while checking out a new DVD. By the time the movie ends, I can usually thread a sewing machine while it's moving.9.gif

I wait until the wife leaves and turn up Prince or Cameo and have flashbacks of my "clubbing" days. 6.gif

Greg

----------------

On 4/4/2003 12:22:46 PM DeanG wrote:

By the time the movie ends, I can usually thread a sewing machine while it's moving.
9.gif

----------------

Dean, do you have any video of that?9.gif

• 2 weeks later...

"Old" newbie returns to the board....

----------------

On 2/27/2003 8:52:56 AM NOZ wrote:

Dire Straits-Brothers in Arms

----------------

The most overhyped yet underrated album of the '80s.

Closet Dire Straits fans REJOICE! Knopfler has been putting out some of the best music I've heard in years on his solo efforts. He has really refined his art.

But when I need more cheese...

ALAN PARSONS PROJECT BABY!! 6.gif

----------------

On 4/16/2003 10:25:48 PM OldMojo wrote:

..."Closet Dire Straits fans REJOICE! Knopfler has been putting out some of the best music I've heard in years on his solo efforts. He has really refined his art.

But when I need more cheese...

ALAN PARSONS PROJECT BABY!!"
6.gif

----------------

"Vulture Culture" is one of my all-time Alan Parsons Project favorites! And Knopfler is a genius at his craft (need to reaquaint myself with his solo works)!

BTW, love your avatar...is that a '40's streamliner from the Hudson Valley's New York Central System?

My weakness is the "Man of LaMancha" original broadway soundtrack (usually listen in my car on the way to work). Had front row seats at National Theatre in November before they went on Broadway. Pretty cool having a bird's eye view of the orchestra! I also sometimes pop in the soundtrack of "Hair."

• 10 months later...

That new little friskies comerical... I don't know what it is.. but that song has that funky little groove to it.. I love it.

i'm so ashaimed to admit it...4.gif

Damn... Colin posted this way back on 2/25/2003 2:05:59 PM. Thats over a year ago. This thread keeps coming back. I suppose good topics are hard to kill. 1.gif