OT: It's amazing what a lawsuit can do...

Some of you no doubt remember my horror story of not being able to get into a college because of my school's screwups. Well, the had gotten about 20 times worse before we got to take action. After about 5 meetings at my school with our lawyer, our school's admins are peeing in their pants. They broke a few FEDERAL laws and the punishment, if we sue, would be VERY damaging for them. Alternative? Pay for my college. Which is what they just might be forced to do! Another thing they had to do, give me back the 1 point they "accidentally" lowered my grade point average by. Hmmm... easier to get into college when you have a 5.886 instead of a 4.886 on a scale of 6 (really 5.9 because a 6 would require a Zero hour class).

So, today I open the mail, after being rejected by UNC because they never got my transcripts (thank Cypress Creek High School......) and found a letter from the University of Missouri at Columbia (my first choice school over UNC). See below:

mizzou!.jpg

Now, is that not the greatest news?! And to think, last night I was on the phone with my cousin planning a time for him to come out here to look at an apartment for us while we go to community college for a year till he raises enough money for college and I get away from my high school (junior/senior) career. Hate to break our plans though! But I can't pass up this opportunity. He will understand, that is why we are best friends!

Well, thanks for your prayers, I know some of you were praying for things to work out, and they most certainly did! This board has really helped me out, from sicknesses to choosing a good amp for my heritage to getting comfort as I go through the ups and downs of life. All the time I invest here is ALWAYS worth it when I think of the friendships and the help I have received here. I like to think of us as a family, with a few black sheep of course 12.gif.

I just wanted to spread the good news.

Justin,

Congratulations! Because you'll be studing so hard, Can I store your equipment while your at college???????hehe......good luck.

BTW- What made you select this school? What field are you planning on studying?

I ask cause my daughter, is going to be going thru this, next year! She wants to be a creative writer..........

I chose Mizzou because I am one that enjoys creativity. in writing, photography, graphic design, web design and then some. Mizzou is the best journalism school in the nation and possibly the world. I plan to be an intellectual property lawyer and i need a heavy technical background as well as a good understanding of the english language. i can get both at Mizzou plus one of the most beautiful campuses and the NICEST people this side of the Mississippi! 1.gif

Congratulations! You get to go to the same university as Sheryl Crow! (She attended at the same time as the guy who was the best man at my wedding; I don't think she remembers him 1.gif ).

BTW, if you make it down to Springfield, give me a ring... I can tell you the better places to eat (even one where they throw fresh rolls to you!)...

Congratulations Justin!

You should have just about enough time to come up with some new "hottie" wallpaper before you go off to college. WAIT!! On second thought, why not combine your digital camera skills and your educational goals and use your "creative juices" to produce some "girls of Mizzou on their Klipsch" wallpaper?? It's bound to be a big hit on the BB 6.gif !

Justin-

Congrats. Welcome to the Big 12 club. I'll still have to root for my Jayhawks over your Tigers though. And, yes, I am in morning from Monday night's loss.

Edster has a good idea for you Justin, "Girls of the Big 12 with Klipsch." I'd buy that for more than a dollar!! 11.gif

Congrats Justin, diligence pays off.

Hey Chuckears, I've been to that restaurant, if it's Lowry's, only it was in Sikeston? I may have misspelled it. If it is, I will also endorse it, "Home of the Throwed Rolls", great food and atmosphere.

hey mcRiblet!

YIPPPPPPPEEEEE! But just remember this is the type of stuff that can happen when you expect someone else to take care of your best interests! Look out for number ONE!...

Hey, The new look of the soundwise site is AWESOME...Nice work..I wish I had your creative talent! Jealous Jealous..Frickety frack they took away my crayons when I was 3...I was not worthy...LOL..

GOOOD GOOING