just lost THE definition of unconditional love

avman

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry to hear you're hurting Avman. No fear of T-storms where your best bud has gone to, so take small consolation in that. And remember, one path ends so that another can begin...take some comfort in whatever new and exciting relationship that will present itself to you to replace the obviously great one you just lost...take care.

Been there Avman - I have had trusty companions for years - 18 year old Irish setter, 12 year old Irish Setter and most recently a 14 year old unknown origin mutt this past winter - that have had their time with us. Each time there is a seemingly irreparable gap from the loss.

After reading your post I sat in the den wrapped up with my 11 year old Brittany - he fell asleep with his head on my stomach. He much appreciated the impromtu show of affection...

avman,

Sorry to read the sad news,I know how it feels to lose a beloved pet.We had a rabbit(yes a rabbit)a few years ago and Wabbit(as we called him)was for 12 years(12 years for a rabbit!!)at home.Wabbit becabe a member of the family and when he got very sick(severe infection around his right eye) and we had to bring him to the vet to put him to sleep it was not easy.

A short time after my mother died,so bad became worse.Life is hard sometimes,be strong and do not let pain take over.

All the best

when i got up this a.m.,it is one of the times i miss Bud most. he would be SO glad to be up w/me.his stretching and antics were a great way to start the day...

in the lonliness of that moment, i turned on the computer to find these posts waiting for me to read...

all i can say is thanks to all of you,i always knew i had 'family' here.

my mom and dad (who posted for the first time in this thread (avmansdad)and i are taking this a.m.to send Bud off on his next journey.ALL who knew him loved him,and yes, there were many good times he and i had together.

more than once God delivered him back to me safe and sound,now it's my turn to send him home.

thanks again.

avman.

avman,

please let me express my deepest sympathy for the loss of mans best friend.

When I was seven we had a terrier mix that looked like Pete on Our Gang, so I called him Pete. He was my best buddy, he could do tricks and come with a whistle. I don't remember when we got him, but I was very little. One hot Sunday afternoon after a lunch of fried chicken, my uncle gave him a chicken bone to gnaw on, and he went in the back yard to chew on it. Since it was hot he went under one of our visitors cars to eat it, and when she left she ran over him.

I watched it happen, and tried to yell but it was too late.

His loss still hurts today8.gif

With deepest sympathy,

Greg

Avman,

I'm sorry about your loss.

After reading an earlier post about Bud and your woofer experience the first thing I do when I come home from work is pet my dog (Grace) and look over to see if she chewed up my speakers.

I was talking with a friend Saturday night as we were listening to tunes on the stereo.

I told her that I'd gladdly get rid of everything in the house including stereo if it came down to choosing between the stuff or the dog.

I will give Grace an extra "cookie" tonight from Bud.

Take care.

Danny

avman-

Sincere condolences from our family to yours. There are few people in this world that I care for as much as 4 dogs I know. And only two are mine! I don't know what your spiritual beliefs are, but rest assured that Bud is with you and watching over you. I had a (legitimate) reading done years ago and Tootsie, a dog from my toddler years, was the first to touch base. I had nearly forgotten her, but the medium described her to a T (she was a character-loved her Utica Club beer!!). Anyway, views of the universe aside, know that he is there, now laughing at the thunder, wondering what he was worried about in the first place (and he probably has Bose as chew toys!).

Take your time shipping that package for me. If you don't feel like doing it, let it sit. I can play with these guys rather than DVDs, and we'll all be better off.

hollismaggie.jpg

Take care, man.

Ben, Hollis, and Maggie.

post-10643-13819248436606_thumb.jpg

Avman,

Sorry to hear about your loss. Dogs are truly mans best friend. I can't imagine the memories your have and the times you shared together. Those will forever be cherished and never forgotten. Dogs are not pets they are a family member. It is tough.

My parents like the little dogs and went from big dogs to small one. They bought a shi tzu (sp) Skipper. Now I am not a big fan of small dogs but he was great. I did not realized he lived 12 years. My folks were devistated and literately needed counseling. The counselor highly recommended introducing another puppy to their house with a different name of course.

Dogs are like people as they differ in personality and attitude. Though the special relationship with Bud is remembered introducing another puppy in your life will be great for you. From reading your posts you seem to be a caring person and with the affection your have shown the forum with Bud you can share such moments with a young puppy which would bring happiness to both.

The relationship may very well be different but the unconditional love for eachother will create a uniquely strong bond, and happiness to the puppy and you.

Keep the pictures of Bud around for they will bring back memories, smiles and laughs.

Sorry to hear of your loss,

Scott

AV, sorry to hear about the loss. I've had dogs and cats in my life since the day I was born. (Mom's pekingese had puppies not long before I came home from the hospital. ) Ling Ling was 22 when she was put to sleep. Many more have come and gone. My husband and I don't have children..we have animals. My mother calls them her grandchildren..and babysits when we go out of town. I love all our pets, but right now I have an 8 year old cat that I can't imagine life without. I know exactly what you mean about unconditional love. My thoughts are with you.

----------------

On 7/17/2003 7:50:30 PM avman wrote:

for those of you who know what i'm feeling,i could go on and on telling of the love we had for each other.

----------------

Believe me, I know all to well how you must be feeling:

Spring of 1980, while still living in Wisconson. We had a Border Collie mix named Muffin. I'll never forget that. Somebody went to open the front door and the dog bolted out into the street into the path of a small pickup truck. She ran around the back of the house and that was when I ran up to her. She gave out a few wimpers and died right there in my hands. Over 20 years later, it still brings tears to me whenever I think of it.

About 5 years later, when living in Pennsylvania, I had a purebred Sheltie named Bozley. He was a show quality dog that we used for breeding other shelties. I remember playing with him one afternoon before heading to the pool down at the country club. I came home later that afternoon for dinner only to find out that he somehow managed to get loose and ran out into the street. He was struck by a car. The internal injuries were to massive that my parents had no choice but to put him down. Needless to say, I was heartbroken. That dog was a gift given to me for my birthday. The other sad part was our other Sheltie, Meagan (also show-quality purebred) did not know what happened to Bozley. She would be all over that house looking for him. We ended up getting another one - a Blue-Merle Sheltie (and these dog are not cheap - several hundreds of dollars!). Unfortunatly, we ultimate had to give these dogs and the cat away to friends when my parents moved to Columbus, OH. There was no way these animals could have handled life in a city after living all thier lives out in the boonies.

Lastly, My trusty ol' Collie Shepard mix, Babe:

babe.jpg

She was a character and I so miss her. Unfortunatly, circumstances required that I found another home for her. Living by myself and having to travel alot and working some serious hours at work. The poor dog would be left down in the basement all the time by herself (she would completely tear up the house if she had free reign). Sometimes the neighbor next door would check on her. That is just not fair for the dog. I just wanted to find a better family for her that could give her the attention that she so needed since I was never home.

I currently do not have any pets, although I keep thinking of getting a cat since they are more independent (and had plenty of oppurtunities to adopt one - seems like every other week, somebody at work has kittens they need to give away)

post-3829-13819248437106_thumb.jpg

I'm really sorry to hear that man. My dog is getting up there in years too. I know something like that is on its way sometime soon.

One of the last thunderstorms that came thru, I couldn't find him in the house when I came home. Eventually I did. He was in the basement (he never goes downstairs by himself), in the utitily room sitting next to the washer & dryer.

I guess the good part is he remembered to do what I told him to do when a storm comes & I'm not home.

Peace be with you & yours.........

Very sorry to hear it. Lost my lab after 13 yrs too. The silence is awful. Could have sworn I saw her out of the corner of my eye sometimes. Wait a while if you are going to get another dog. I'm sure your lab had a very good life and appreciated everything you said and did.

thanks again to all who responded. we have a 2yr.old chocolate female lab who we got as a puppy.'Coco'and Bud would play together, and although he was dominant,Bud was always a gentleman w/Coco. she was licking him on the face when Jan got home...

yesterday my mom,dad,and i had Bud cremated,and i brought him home in an oak urn.there is a place for a picture on it,and he was a real camera hound, so i'm sure i can find a nice picture to go there.i put him in the theater room,as that seemed to be the place he liked to go when it thundered,and we spend alot of our free time in there,so i can keep him close.

i really miss him,and i've been on an emotional roller-coaster the past 2 days,but i've had alot of support, and i'm gratefull to all here who have helped.

always loved,never forgotten Bud and i will be together again one day.

with sincere thanks,

avman.

avman

Please except my condolence's as well, it seams we have more in common than just Klipsch speakers.

Nothing I can say will make you feel better ( I wish there was ) suffice it to say I feel your pain.

Best wishes from

Bob & Daisy