advice needed

zoocow

well...finally got the bar finished in the basement. Looked a long time for a pair of Heresys for a two channel system for the area. Someone local is selling Forte II's for $500. Is it worth it?...should I keep looking for Heresy's? Due to the furniture my wife bought, space is limited in the area...I had originally started by looking for Cornwalls, but space wouldn't allow them.

What do you think?

Both Heresys and Fortes are excellent choices (I believe the Fortes will play an octave lower than the Heresys, though). Whichever loudspeaker fits better in your alloted space (and is WAF-friendly) would be the best choice, but either would be totally acceptable for a 2-channel setup. You can't lose with either pair (and I think $500 is a fair price if the Fortes are in near-mint condition)...Good luck in your quest!

If the Forte IIs are in good shape, I would buy them in a flash. I much prefer the Forte II to Heresy or Heresy IIs in a two channel set-up. $500 with no shipping cost would be a good deal and I doubt you would ever look back. Check the forum for views on the Forte and Forte II but don't wait too long. As someone, in the know, on this forum likes to say, "if you snooze you loose."

----------------

On 7/23/2003 9:12:58 PM zoocow wrote:

well...finally got the bar finished in the basement. Looked a long time for a pair of Heresys for a two channel system for the area. Someone local is selling Forte II's for $500. Is it worth it?...should I keep looking for Heresy's? Due to the furniture my wife bought, space is limited in the area...I had originally started by looking for Cornwalls, but space wouldn't allow them.

What do you think?

----------------

Take the wife with you to check them out. Bring a measuring tape and show her that the dimensions are almost the same as the heresys (except for height). She may like what she hears. Then again, do what I do and just go buy them.2.gif

A friend has Fortes and Heresys, take the Fortes. They are small enough for WAF, sound better and play deeper than Heresys.

For $500, take the Fortes, assuming they are in good condition. Of course, I would take Cornwalls or Chorus ahead of the Fortes. If you want to donate a pair of khorns, I would gladly take them as well.

I would take the Forte II's over a Heresy or Heresy II in a second just for the improved low end response. They are a very nice speaker and for $500 it is a good deal, they cost close to $1300 or more new, and Heresy's usually sell near the $500 range in excellent condition or better. If you can accomodate them in your room I would say GO FOR IT! You certainly will not be dissapointed. Hell if you don't like them I am cetain another forum member would trade you a pair of Heresy's for them or buy them from you for what you paid in a second.

----------------

On 7/24/2003 4:23:23 PM rf3iicrazy wrote:

If the room doesn't permit these big boxes go with Bose!
9.gif
\n

Tom

----------------

If the room doesn't permit these big boxes, DO NOT SETTLE FOR BOSE!

Go ahead and get a Sony jam box at Best Buy. The resale value isn't that good, but what the heck. You're worth it.16.gif

Dee

Gary, your second advice is better than the first. (Just go & get them without her approval). (And never, EVER, take along a tape measure! You'll be sorry later)

I just don't get where the bread winner has to listen to a 'no' from the better half at home. Like what's a maid cost? A few bucks a month? Sheeese. She should consider herself lucky you're spending the money on something you have to stay home to enjoy instead of going out with some hooker.

I have 95 Forte's (HT) and 79 Cw's (two channel). Take the Forte's and you will be happy. My wife likes them better than the CW's. They have tighter bass and incredible highs when played through SS amps with power. IMH an increase in power to the Forte's made them come alive and sound fuller at lower volumes which is a big plus with the wife factor.

"I just don't get where the bread winner has to listen to a 'no' from the better half at home. Like what's a maid cost? A few bucks a month? Sheeese. She should consider herself lucky you're spending the money on something you have to stay home to enjoy instead of going out with some hooker."

Finally someone see's things for what they really are. Like I tell my wife & kids, "you're in my world, do as I say", this may sound cruel but it's the truth, 50/50 to a certain extent, I agree, but there has to be only one leader to make the final decision.

This probably works well if the man of the household is the bread winner, But when you have a two income household, the better half starts to get funny ideas, that is something the man of the house deals with as a trade off for the extra income. I like it better my way!!2.gif

Tom