Sorry fellas...

deansgirl

Ah, it's good to be single!9.gif

Seriously, I enjoyed this thread and can see how being glued to a computer non-stop can hurt a relationship. It's good to be here, but like the statements above...take it in moderation! My only married brother enjoys his hobbies AND his wife and 2 daughters (makes time for everything, and they're extremely happy), so there is a fine line which needs to stay balanced. My folks have been doing this for over 41 years now, and there's also the added bonus of my mom actually enjoying my dad's love of pipe organs and vacuum tube radio restoration (she enjoys browsing antique shops, which attracts my dad since he can find more vintage radios to collect/restore)!

But if my wife/girlfriend/lover told me it's "my way or the highway", then she'd be hitchhickin' her way outta town...I wouldn't even help her pack!11.gif

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something to do with it? I belive he put her up to it, and was HIS idea. Read that first few lines again.. It was "his idea" she said. Perhaps there was a some truth in her deception.

- tb

>With a name like "deansgirl", you know the swine had SOMETHING to do with it.  Apparently, after all that exposure to Moore Dual 70 Mudvayne, things were looking a bit dim.  I am surprised he didnt have her do the new review.  Hmmmm....

kh

And climbing out of his foxhole...I wasnt fooled for a moment.

Good one - and really did hit a nerve with some - which is often the best form of comedy.

Of course the fact that so many others fell for it too means I feel slightly less of a goon than might otherwise have been the case.

Have to agree with MH though - the use of DeansGirl as a name should have been a giveaway.

If only I was smarter (Doh!!)

Ah yes, there is a little truth in all the best lies...makes them easier to swallow. (Please note the cynicism.)

Regarding the RF-7 vs Cornwall question, I truly do enjoy the RF-7s more. Honestly, I can't put into words exactly why...I think because I have a hard time separating what I'm hearing from what I'm feeling, it is an emotional concept for me rather than a logical one. That only proves I could never hold my own in a pro/con audio discussion. I just know what I like.

I have to say, that the cornwalls sounded a heck of a lot better to me than than those awful DQ-10s! They hurt my ears! Though the latter were much more tolerable w/ the tube amps. I know that's like comparing apples to oranges for you guys (and carol)...

Since I've been invited, I might pop in and stir things up a bit, but don't expect any reviews. All I can tell you about "the new HONK KONG 'ying yang flim flam' or whatever it was called pre-amp" is that Dean really likes it. Now whether that's because it took forever and a day to get here and he just wanted *something* besides his portable cd to listen to, or because it is truly providing quality sound to him, I cannot say. 2.gif

Thanks for all the kind words.

BTW, if Dean's posts seem a little screwy (having my sig line and such), it seems I royally mucked up the IdealBB database by using his moniker within my own. It (db) must use the first few letters in the username field for table/data tracking. Now when poor dean tries to login, he has to use my password. Mail replies to his posts also come to my email box. I imagine the rest of his profile has been overwritten as well. Kinda takes the "two shall become one" concept a little further than intended, I think!

Gary -- yeah, in retrospect, it probably wasn't the best idea. However, I expected howls and flames -- not the sincere and well thought out responses. Allan's response for the most part was on par with what I expected, however, not in that spirit of pure meanness.

Damn Deb, what's up with that Avatar? Don't I see enough of that already?9.gif

Dear Mrs. Dean,

yes it is sadly funny that you are grounding Dean from sharing his knowledge and experience of his hobby. I am sure he will be surely missed.

But can you let him back on every so often to give us updates of up coming shows on Lifetime.

thank you for considering my request.

We're with you Dean, just don't let her have the remote.........3.gif

Scott

This maybe a little bit off topic but The "Home Schooling" statement reminded me of something.

Anyone in the FE Warren/Cheyenne area...home Group/Fellowship/Bible Study is beginning this late fall/early winter (Oct/Nov). Let me know if you're interested and I'll call you after my PCS for times.

And since this is an official klipsch site I guess I better say something official

"KLIPSCH RULE!...... and have great re-sale value"