what are the best year model(s) cornwalls?

avman

On 10/18/2019 at 10:15 PM, Dave A said:

No actually the very best ones are the ones we heard in Roy's lab today. A significant improvement and the boomy box sound I disliked is GONE. They were really nice. These were very well ballanced and quite musical and it was a pleasant surprise to hear them.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about your listening session.

11 minutes ago, Khornukopia said:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about your listening session.

If you get a chance go hear them. The only current Heritage speaker that will beat them I guess, since I have not heard a set, is KHorns. For my taste in the same room with the same music source they were much better than the new La Scalas.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dave A said:

If you get a chance go hear them. The only current Heritage speaker that will beat them I guess, since I have not heard a set, is KHorns. For my taste in the same room with the same music source they were much better than the new La Scalas.

Were the new Heresy IVs available for listening?

48 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Were the new Heresy IVs available for listening?

Yes they were and there is a big improvement there also. The Cornwalls were the startling ones though. You have the Super Heresy and I have not heard your version, but since I have a version of these I have been fiddling with the new Heresy was not as dramatic as it would have been had I never heard one of the Super Heresy variants.

31 minutes ago, Wolfbane said:

I'm kind of partial to upgraded 1979 Cornwalls in Oiled Walnut.

Wb

I don't know what upgrades could make older Cornwalls as good as the newest one. Look I sell tweeter upgrades so it's not like I don't believe in improving on old. The new Cornwall is a number of things and the old Cornwalls just can't be the same without cabinet modifications and a new tweeter and mid range and crossover. I don't know what the woofer is and that question never came up as far as I remember. The aggregate of all the pieces Roy put together is different enough that for the first time there is no way to get an upgrade from Klipsch for older Cornwalls.

On 9/30/2003 at 12:28 PM, avman said:

i'm going to look at a pair of cornwalls saturday, and was wondering what year/model(s) have the best sounding crossovers and design?

if i get them, i'll move my heresey 2's to surround duty9.gif

avman.

2019, dude!  Listened to them most of the weekend at Chief Bonehead's Class.