Forum Handle

neo33

What inpires your handle?

As for mine, I am a fan of Japanese Anime and I used to watch every episode of my favorite series: Neon Genesis Evangelion (have all of them on DVDs) which predated The Matrix. I have been using that handle ever since and along came Matrix which I am also a fan of. So I changed the avatar and sig for a more appropriate alignment of time but the root is from the Anime.

Junior and Senior year of high school I wrote an entry level column on stereo in the HS newspaper.

It evolved into a roadie carreer in HS and college.

I think on my second column the entertainment editor came up with the headline "Audio Flynn speaks out on turntables", review of Dual 510 with empire cartridge; it stuck.

I've had this name on many message boards since 2000 when I bought my brand new Suzuki Hayabusa. It was BIG and everyone referred to it as a BUSA. That's where my BIGBUSA name came from.

The suzuki hayabusa has been in the guiness book of world records for the "fasted production motorcycle" since it was introduced in 1999.

Directly off the showroom floor it produced 155horsepower at the rear wheel and would reach a clocked top speed of 196 mph!

After blowing through a road block in western Mass setup specifically for me, evading the 6 police vehicles that were chasing me and hiding motionless in the woods for 5 hours until darkness ...I realized I was either going to end up in a casket or a jail cell. I have since sold it.9.gif

DGI4EF5.jpg

post-7446-13819250606908_thumb.jpg

cyclone I am impressed with your HT system! I love the center speaker you made! WOW. What's the deal with the herseys sporting the infinity subs? Is that an upgrade or ?

I sold my 1990 heresys but do remember them as being weak in the bass deptartment. Do the infinity subs help? Feel free to PM me so we dont hijack the thread 2.gif

A whole group of friends in the late '60s used comic book characters for our nicknames. Mine was Captain Marvel, usually just shortened to Marvel. Others were Shadow, Phantom, etc.

Real name is Bruce. I didn't like it when I was little, and hadn't heard of anyone else with that name. Now I meet them everywhere.

Marvel

Guest Anonymous

I have always been known as Smilin Milin, at least since I have been 9 years old, and it's appropriate for my persnality, my daughter has taken to it Too2.gif And it fits her to the T.

Smilin3.gif

I shoot 3d archery tournaments almost every week from January through October. 3d archery is a contest where life sized foam animal targets are set in hunting type situations at unmarked ranges up to 50 yards. There are scoring rings in the vital areas of the animal. The skill of the game is accuratly judging the yardage (within one yard usually) and acurate shot placement using proper archery form. To win there is a lot of time spent practicing and tuning both the bow and the arrows. Some times the kids let the old man win.

The zapper refers to the Internal Cardioverter Defibrilator (ICD) that was implanted last year. Like the one that Dick Cheney has to prevent fatal arithmias. It's not too bad, it allowed me to retire at 55 last year. Can't work around running engines anymore and that's what I did for the last 16 years in my garage. I diagnosed and repaired drivability, emmissions and air conditioning systems on automobiles.

3ddeer.jpg

Rick

post-12829-13819250607508_thumb.jpg

Well I started out here and just about everywhere else on the Net as NOS440 which stood for the Nitrous Oxide Systems and the Size of the Engine in my 1967 Camaro Street/Strip car. Then Kelly was partially inspired by the name NOS and added Valves to it when he thought up the name of my website. So then he suggested I change my forum name to NOSValves so here I am 1.gif

Craig

• Moderators

Mine came from the name of my wife and i company. down to earth landscapes=dtel. i know i dont post hear very often, but i read almost all new posts every day and feel like i know all of you personally. great bunch of people,thanks !

• Like 1