I am alive

justin_tx_16

Just posting to let you guys know that I am alive, mostly. Having all kinds of fun medical problems, had to change dormitories because I was being harassed and did not feel safe living there anymore and I am addicted to iTunes and have spent well over $250 on it buying music.

Glad you are still with us!

Hope you are getting all the 'fun' medical issues squared away.

One of my frends lives off-campus in his apartment, and all the people in dorms are always begging him to let them come over so they can:

-Cook

-Study

-Use their laptop

-Talk on the phone

-Sleep

He says the dorms are a PITA, and having your own place is WAY better. I am sure you can use the med excuse to swing your own apartment. Think, no theft (unless it is a flat-out residential burglary), no spilled beer, etc. 9.gif

----------------

On 12/7/2003 3:52:40 PM justin_tx_16 wrote:

had to change dormitories because I was being harassed and did not feel safe living there anymore

----------------

You need me to come out there and bust so ***? Just tell them watch out or Guido will be out to see them. 11.gif2.gif

"Stuff" happens the first year. You'll just have to get used to it. When I wa in school, private rooms were hard to get, but worth it. That was the best solution to the hassles. I worked at getting them. Once you get one, don't leave it!

Glad to hear you are O.K.!

Have you selected a major, or did I miss that?

Hey Justin. Like John said. Things can be tough the first year but remember you have friends here that are pulling for you no matter what happens to you during what can be sometimes considered a difficult transition period for young people. Hang in there and come around more often to squeeze some laughs in once in a while. Good Luck. BBB

You know you have many "big brothers" or a Sopranos type family that could straighten out any situation you get yourself into. LOL. Seriously, be careful both on your own self health wise and with others, and do not let the turkeys get you down.

BTW, only about 50% of you freshman will make it the first year. Of the 50% that do... 2 out of 10 will actually get a degree. I just read this in the paper and was flabbergasted.

I will offer you the same advice my dad gave me as a freshman...In two parts

One. Just do your best. You have no one to answer for in life but yourself. And everyone in college has 24 hrs and for the most part the same rules apply to all. (Not so in the real world.)

Second. Where you will be in 5 years depends on 2 things? The people you associate with, and the information you process.

Find people you admire, like, and want to hang around with. Work like hell in school to aquire skills and a degree proving your willing to do what it takes to get through to the next level. You have all of us in here cheering you on.

Panty raid?? LMAO......the memories....sigh

Anyhow, chin up there Justin! Like many here I have vivid memories of sitting in a dorm room on some weekends when it seemed like someone had hollered, "ABANDON SHIP!" None of my friends were around, money was low, nothing to do, no one to do it with (gosh, that could be take outta context and sound bad), and no one to talk to. Some times I would grab a few of my favorite cassette tapes, hop in my '69 Camaro RS, and just take a drive.

It's just a thought, but at this time of the year, there's always homeless shelters or "soup kitchens" that need volunteers. Who knows...you might actually help someone that's more down than you.

Tom

My roommate was perfect, my neighbor was awesome. It was the other 447 people in Wolpers that got to me.

Can't get out of the dorms as a freshman without paying 20% of what is left over... and even then they say freshmen cannot opt out of the dorms using that option, unless they are moving to campus approved housing (aka a Greek house).

The problems in Wolpers are not the kind you like to talk about, so I won't. The new dormitory is great and even though my current roommate is a bore, next semester I am rooming with my friend, in the same dormitory, just down the hall, so things will be much better. Even better than how they are now.

My health has been a big part of the problem. I suffer from more problems that most 85 year olds! LoL! Total of 9 diagnoses (sp), is'nt that fun?