What did you get your S/O for xmas?

BigBusa

I bought my wife the Bose Acoustimass system. She thought that my RF-7s were a bit tall and too large for our living room, and these little puppies just hide in dark little corners very nicely. Additionally, Bose has some serious space-age technology behind their system which allows for tremendous sound reproduction from a speaker a fraction of the size of my RF-7s. I can't wait for her to open it...

David

A bread machine. We had one for years and used it 3-4 times a week till it crapped out this past spring. We both miss the aroma of bread baking and the taste of it fresh and warm. She's not too into cooking, so from scratch bread isn't much to her strong suit, the machine lets us enjoy it without all the hassle other than some measuring, press a button, and presto!!

----------------

On 12/23/2003 9:23:27 AM dkp wrote:

No bites on the Acoustimass system???
:)

David

----------------

Haven't you heard - this is the "New and Improved" forum. We do not disagree unless it is civil and acknowledges everyone's right to an opinion.

To remain civil we choose to not reply to f**king idiots that think Bose is a great system 3.gif Now, Bybee filters is another thing all together...

Last birthday, I gave my wife the Boston Acoustics Recepter clock radio. She LOVES it. Sounds amazingly good. Look and feel is great, too.

Funny you mentioned the Bose system. I picked one up (I think it's the Acoustimass 5 Series III) system at Ye Olde thrift shop for $35. Two double cubes, a sub, and a receiver w/remote. I cleaned it up a bit, tested it, and it works fine (for what it is). I will be listing it on eBay tomorrow or Thursday, and the proceeds will be split between my wife (40%) and my two daughters (30% each). I'll give them each "stocking certificates" Christmas morning, indicating the item number. I may make up one certificate, and rip it into thirds, ala "Survivor" treasure hunts. Should be fun!

DKP-Bose acoustimass?! I saw this late, but i would have said, "I can't believe how lucky some of you are with s/o's that appreciate A/V gear as gifts!" If I tried that stunt (I wouldn't) I would be severely under the bus.

Ha ha.

I got mine a fine gold necklace, a leather jacket, miscelaneous sweaters and slacks, shoes, books, and partridge in a pair tree. All stuff she liked that she would not buy for herself.

Happy Holidays to all!!

----------------

On 12/23/2003 10:24:59 AM fini wrote:

Last birthday, I gave my wife the
She LOVES it. Sounds amazingly good. Look and feel is great, too.

Funny you mentioned the Bose system. I picked one up (I think it's the Acoustimass 5 Series III) system at Ye Olde thrift shop for $35. Two double cubes, a sub, and a receiver w/remote. I cleaned it up a bit, tested it, and it works fine (for what it is). I will be listing it on eBay tomorrow or Thursday, and the proceeds will be split between my wife (40%) and my two daughters (30% each). I'll give them each "stocking certificates" Christmas morning, indicating the item number. I may make up one certificate, and rip it into thirds, ala "Survivor" treasure hunts. Should be fun!
----------------

fini,

You paid too much.

tc