Who's got " craigs " kids ?

Dale W

Just wondering who and or how many others are kicking back this winter enjoying the new found sound of a NOS valves rebuild ?

I've got a bit of the ratpack spinning away right now as i sip away on some german white . Big fire in the fireplace and -40 outside , gratefull to have craigs nice work keeping me company.

Have one little problem that i may have to deal with JFL in regards to my pre-amp volume.

Speaker left comes up first ( no big deal ) but then once the volume is equal in both speakers ( bare min ) the db level is higher than casual listening would permit. Bet he's going to suggest a step attenuator ?

craigs.jpg

PS : These are my newest k-horns

----------------

On 1/28/2004 8:59:16 PM ssh wrote:

Dale,

I listen to a 299A he did that sounds great. I also enjoy a JFL 2A3.

SSH

----------------

Yup !! were lucky to have both guys hang around this place considering all the garbage.

I too get tired of it after awhile and take a break, then pop back in a few months later.

For me it's about the music , rest of the political stuff i can do without . Gezz i'll be 40 in a week , i'm sure i have better things to do than argue online with a bunch of teenagers about opinions.

I am canadian , just like an american but pay more tax's .2.gif

I have a NOS Valves 299(A MKII) playing right now and Craig has a 299B of mine awating his TLC. The only thing better than listening to one of his pieces of handiwork is chewin' the fat with him on the phone.

Chris

PS - Would Craig be considered a good example of one of those "Metro-Sexual" guys?

I've got one of Craig's 299B's playing the tunes in my 2-ch system. I'm also on the lookout for a 130 preamp, for the inevitable "I gotta try separates" bug later down the road. I really hope that Craig isn't selling his 130...I'd go for that in a heartbeat.

And speaking of his "kids" wonder when we'll be comparing notes about his "twins," the new amps?!?

To be 100% honest i never even heard of a scott untill joining the " klipsch family " here. I've read all the posts with intrest for the past few years.

Gezz i might just have to pick one of these old girls up before there all gone .

PS. Thanx for the phone call last night craig, always nice to chew the fat with you.2.gif

----------------

On 1/29/2004 8:51:22 PM Audio Flynn wrote:

I have an LK-48

It is part of the family.

--------------

Just sent Craig a Scott 350B tuner for check out and rebuild.

----------------

What is this expanding the product offering?

A very novel idea.

Wonder where that came from.

Maybe I need to buy a Scottt tuner?

HEHE
----------------

Hey now I took this tuner in just because he is a previous customer and said it pulls and hold stations well. Just a freshen up. I DO NOT ALIGN TUNERS AND NEVER WILL. No new novel Idea here.

Craig