This superbowl *** incident....

maxg

"...but 2ch audio should be about 'made in USA' here"

What? Why is that?

So now we shouldnt talk about any products NOT made in the USA? So all gear from Germany, Great Britain, Italy, France, Japan, Hong Kong etc is taboo? I guess that makes tubes from overseas a bit tough as well.

Why do you think there is growing animosity surrounding the USA from abroad? It's this type of statement that brings criticism home, and rightly so.

Although there are some GREAT products made in the good ole USA, this kind of statement does nothing to make them any better...

kh

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

----------------

On 2/5/2004 6:32:26 PM Fish wrote:

Tom,I didn't intend to direct my statement at you,only those that would knock the US,POLICY etc..They have every right to,elsewhere,but 2ch audio should be about "made in USA" here.

----------------

Proudly made in the good Ole US of A

Yeah right! Like Denon and Sony?

God Bless...

Hmmm...

I'll see if I can type while yawning. Do we really need our government to protect us from the "indecencies" of the world? While I don't think so, let's just assume for the sake of discussion that that's a good thing. What exactly is indecent? As others here have stated, the tasteless, uncreative dry-humping being passed off as choreography these days is more pathetic and without redemption or artistic merit than a little booby flash. (BTW, if you've got a good VCR, you can appreciate the natural quality of Ms. Jackson's contribution to art on that day.) Personally, I think the quality of the music was more offensive than a boob. Then again, my wife's are out 10-12 times a day, so maybe I'm a bit desensitized to that kind of thing.

So, whose resposibilty is it to protect our impressionable and curious youth from this depravity? Why, it comes down to us, we poor downtrodden parents. Yes, that's right, not only are we expected to feed and clothe these little ones, but we actually bear the onus of moral education. Is anyone participating in this discussion actually surprised at the blatantly sexual content of the halftime show? Puhlease! We are all aware of the nature of these things. So if you are not prepared to have those kinds of discussions with your children, by all means protect them from exposure to them. I sure as heck wouldn't watch an episode of Friends with my son if he were more than a year old. This is what VCRs and TIVO are all about. Be your own moral censor, I'll be mine. I'm with the Euros and Canucks on this one. Full frontal nudity after 10 PM on a network? Bring it on, that;s what parents are for.

Stop relying on the government to dictate your moral standards. We all can do a better job anyway.

Flame away.

Kelly, there is quite a bit of content on Friends that is PG-13 to say the least. I'm not offended by it, but do disagree with the way they represent certain subjects at 8PM. I'd rather deal with topics like oral sex, promiscuity bordering on addiction, and smelly cats on my own terms. But I consider that my problem, not the FCC's. I still say we'd all be better off if we turned the idiot box off and listened to some Don Henley at 110 dB instead.

Smile.

Sadly, I would rather watch Friends in back to back episodes with eyes pried open ala A ClockWork Orange than be subjected to Don Henley at 110dB. Come to think of it, make that Don Henley at ANY db! heh...

I am the wrong person to be talking about this subject, as I see a typical episode of Survivor to be more harmful morally or culturally than Friends.

Thankfully, I dont remember my parents telling me I couldnt watch something. Then again, the most boundary pushing shows at that time included things like ALL IN THE FAMILY which DEMANDED viewing by ALL!

kh

----------------

On 2/5/2004 7:01:08 PM mobile homeless wrote:

"...but 2ch audio should be about 'made in USA' here"

What? Why is that?

So now we shouldnt talk about any products NOT made in the USA? So all gear from Germany, Great Britain, Italy, France, Japan, Hong Kong etc is taboo? I guess that makes tubes from overseas a bit tough as well.

Why do you think there is growing animosity surrounding the USA from abroad? It's this type of statement that brings criticism home, and rightly so.

Although there are some GREAT products made in the good ole USA, this kind of statement does nothing to make them any better...

kh

----------------

I intended that statement to be taken as made in the USA is good on the 2ch forum and bashing the USA is not.Sorry I didn't type more,I should have.Yes I own Japanese,Korean or whatever,and US.I buy what I think's best for my needs/price,I don't judge products based on where they're from,only performance/price ratio(of which everyone has their own).I will say once more that throwing political barbs on every subject that comes along is gettin' old.

I'll just go ahead and align myself with the crowd who contends that the entire halftime show was offensive in its boorishness, and that 3 seconds of Janet's bare breast is stupid.

I, too, would like to know where I can contribute to that poor woman's legal defense fund. That's the most idiotic thing I've ever heard - especially in light of the fact that the Department of Social Services has been beating the breast-feeding drum as loudly as possible for the last 10 years. Something natural and beautiful like a woman feeding her infant being somehow criminal and indecent in light of what passes the censors on MTV both lyrically and visually just reminds me exactly how utterly twisted the American culture has become.

Fish, "throwing political barbs" is far different than passing along an insight gained through personal observation. My buddy's best friend was killed a few weeks ago in Iraq, and he was home on funeral detail to help bury him. A questioning attitude is a necessity in a democracy, less we let the freedoms our forefathers earned with their efforts slip through uncaring fingers.

We have seen one of our Republican politicians from Missouri, Gov. Ashcroft, help author and lead the charge against our civil liberties with the Patriot Act. As a civil liberties conservative, it does make me wonder why the Federal government has been successful convicting more than ten Americans of federal felonies not related to terrorism using this act, while there have been zero felony convictions related TO terrorism.

This questioning attitude also helps you understand the how and why Klipsch speakers can perform so well. A little analytical thought can help us relate to the world better, and to maintain an even decorum as we process all the information we cross every day.

I want my, I want my, I want my MTV!

Now look at them yo - yo's that's the way you DOOOO IT

You play the guitar on the MTV

That ain't workin' that's the way you DOOOO IT

Money for nothin' and chicks for free

Now that ain't workin' that's the way you DOOOO IT

Lemme tell ya them guys ain't dumb

Maybe get a blister on your little finger

Maybe get a blister on your thumb

We gotta install microwave ovens

Custom kitchen deliveries

We gotta move these refrigerators

We gotta move these color TV's

See the little ***got with the earring and the makeup

Yeah buddy that's his own hair

That little ***got got his own jet airplane

That little ***got he's a millionaire

Custom kitchens deliveries

We gotta move these color TVeeeeeeeee's

I shoulda learned to play the guitar

I shoulda learned to play them drums

Look at that MAMA, SHE got it STICKIN' in the camera

Man we could have some fun

And he's up there, what's that? Hawaiian noises?

Bangin' on the bongos like a chimpanzee

That ain't workin' that's the way you DOOOO IT

Get your money for nothin' get your chicks for free

Custom kitchen deliveries

We gotta move these color TV's, Lord

Now that ain't workin' that's the way you DOOOO IT

You play the guitar on the MTV

That ain't workin' that's the way you DOOO IT

Money for nothin' and your chicks for free

Money for nothin' and chicks for free

I want my, I want my, I want my MTV!

Islands of peace, morality, and honor.

If we own a family, we create islands. We look for a safe home to live in. We protect our children from strangers. We protect our wives from agressors. We attempt to give the best to our children whenever possible.

We create islands to raise our families. And a few of the few, will remove public schools, MTV, cable/satelite, and many other "potential harmful" events/activities.

As we become more numb to events that would make my grandmother sick (she's 94 and hates all of this)it only allows even more activity to create the "shock". Like a drug addict needing larger amounts to obtain the same level of high. This will not change. Society will continue down the slippery slope.

So....the few of the few will create islands for their family. As these islands became more and more antisocial in nature, they will be called "radical" fanatics, usually wrapped in a false blanket of religions.

My 2 year old son just crawled into my lap. I wonder in 30 years what he will be keeping outside of his childerns island?

Troy

"Don't be naive. There are difficult times ahead. As the end approaches, people are going to be self-absorbed, money-hungry, self-promoting, stuck-up, profane, contemptuous of parents, crude, coarse, dog-eat-dog, unbending, slanderers, impulsively wild, savage, cynical, treacherous, ruthless, bloated windbags, addicted to lust, and allergic to God. They'll make a show of religion, but behind the scenes they're animals. Stay clear of these people." -- II Timothy 3:1-4

For Heaven's sake Tad. The people raising and making that an issue are the same people who stood behind a draft dodger who claimed a blow job wasn't "sex".

Take ALL of these people, put them in a paper sack together, give it a good shake, and they all come out smelling the same -- like sh!t.