This superbowl *** incident....

maxg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didn't see it. I was at the office and then went to the health club.

It seems to me this is a prime canditate for description of "jumping the shark". I.e. some offbeat twist to spice up a piece of art which is otherwise quite undeserving of attention.

Gil.

"Don't be naive. There are difficult times ahead. As the end approaches, people are going to be self-absorbed, money-hungry, self-promoting, stuck-up, profane, contemptuous of parents, crude, coarse, dog-eat-dog, unbending, slanderers, impulsively wild, savage, cynical, treacherous, ruthless, bloated windbags, addicted to lust, and allergic to God. They'll make a show of religion, but behind the scenes they're animals. Stay clear of these people." -- II Timothy 3:1-4

Gee, that pretty much rules out everyone.

No wonder Ted Kaczynski and Randy Weaver just wanted to stay away.

----------------

On 2/5/2004 7:56:44 PM dbflash wrote:

I don’t see what the big deal is.

They finally found the WMD’s (Woman’s Mammary Displayed) and the whole the country goes crazy.

Danny

----------------

Nice one dB - explains a lot - it is what America has been looking for all this time in Iraq and has finally showed up at home.

Glad to see that so many were not really offended by the Breast - focusing on the paucity of the show (such as it might have been - I only saw snippits on the web) is rather more understandable than this obsession with breasts.

Also interesting to see how people deal with "exposing" children to sexually related material. With a daughter approaching 2 years old this is an issue I will confront myself but I do not plan on waving too much of a cencorship flag.

In my limited experience children are not all that interested in sex, until, at least 10 years old. I plan to deal with questions as they arise and as matter of factly as I can muster. Simplicity, I think, is probably the key.

A true story seems appropos at this point:

My father took me and my 2 female cousins to the zoo when we were kids. At the Rhino enclosure the male was sporting a huge erection and naturally the younger cousin and I immediately asked what it was. My father, a psychosexual therapist of some experience, hid!

It was up to the older cousin, about 8 years old, to say

"I Know what that is! That is a little boy Rhino!"

Quite saved the day. Of course my mum has teased my father on this incident for over 30 years now.

And now a different question for you all. How is it that the most sexually explicit shows on TV always coincide with a mother-in-laws visit?

I can watch TV from dawn to dusk for a month and see nothing evenly ***uely erotic. Mother-in-law arrives and suddenly its all full frontal nudity and simulated oral sex.

But that is a story I will save for another time.

bclarke is right about who should be in charge...I am less comfortable with the government controling things. In this case everything worked as it should, in essence what happened here is that the PEOPLE spoke, the calls poured in from people who were upset by the half time show and the government REACTED. so things are working here as they should, outraged populous, government reacts, business reacts and, I hope, less of that crap on the airwaves. tony

Tony,

Government and business react to one thing, and one thing only: money. Certainly NOT to the will of the people (unless we're talking last will, and they think they can get a cut). If some "moral high road" will sell more Pepsi than a crotch-grabbing rapper, that'll be the tack.

----------------

On 2/5/2004 10:54:03 PM DeanG wrote:

"Don't be naive. There are difficult times ahead. As the end approaches, people are going to be self-absorbed, money-hungry, self-promoting, stuck-up, profane, contemptuous of parents, crude, coarse, dog-eat-dog, unbending, slanderers, impulsively wild, savage, cynical, treacherous, ruthless, bloated windbags, addicted to lust, and allergic to God. They'll make a show of religion, but behind the scenes they're animals. Stay clear of these people." -- II Timothy 3:1-4

----------------

Good show of religion! I like shows of religion, moreso if they're easily handled by my remote control, i.e. the OFF button.

I feel a quote coming on:

"When I look at the federal investigation being launched into the Janet Jackson boob incident, I realize what I like about this administration: they believe in accountability." -- Joshua Micah Marshall

I liked what Jon Stewart's Daily Show called it... The TEAT Offensive!

As far as the public "taking back" art... the NFL (and CBS) has gotten a corporate execs wet dream of publicity. That 'incident' is the most talked about, replayed, etc. They have a better idea of what sells now. The way the media has been going on and on about this, you'd think Clinton's zipper was somehow involved.

Personally, but this is just me, I found Chris Rock wearing my country's Flag as a poncho much more offensive.

woo

Uh, that's a pretty poor picture there, Colin. If anyone cares, there's about a gazillion images based on the HDTV signal enhanced and enlarged (check out alt.binaries.videos.tv.shaggable-babes or alt.binaries.tv.shaggable.babes for a whole library of images to select from). I'd rather not post them here, though...

I am amazed this merits any discussion other than to mention the hypocrisy of it all. America has celebrated the nurturing of Lolitas providing them with comfortable lives and millions of dollars; we allow our little girls to grow up faster and faster doing their best to emulate such wonderful women - Britney, Christina, Paris. We parade them on TV dry humping dozens of males and wearing pants so low we look at the absence of pubic hair and how far their thong is pulled up their butt crack.

Grown women now rush out to buy G-strings and little Catholic school girl mini-skirts. Yet, some 30 something shows her breast with the nipple covered and it is the decline of western civilization. Who gives a rats a$$. This countries priorities are so screwed up, our morals so utterly buried in hypocrisy and misunderstood religious teachings, we couldn't identify good morals if God delivered them to us.

For those who quote God, I find it interesting God saw nothing wrong with nudity, it was a corrupt and morally bankrupt people who decided nudity was wrong and decided to clothe themselves. The world will not be ending anytime soon but we can expect America, as we know it today, will not be around for much longer. Ted K. was right about a lot more things than he was wrong - the violence employed being one of the obvious wrongs. People have entirely too much time on their hands and therefore take up causes they would otherwise not be interested in if they had to worry about their survival rather than finding some asinine cause or moral position to ease their boredom.

It is curious the children in Europe, who are exposed to nudity all the time - even walking in the public parks, are so much more grounded and somehow don't require all the pharmaceuticals our children are deemed to require. It is amazing the depravity that exists in our society with all these do-gooders doing their best to legislate morality. We have the drug war and what a success that has been, now we can move quickly to the breast war; combine that with Homeland Security and I feel better all the time.

Anarchist,

Nice post.

I've avoided responding to the post of the moral dogooders, but it would be nice to see their moral indignations directed at better endeavors. Instead of treating the human body as the naturally beautiful thing it is, I'm amazed that people wish to make something "immoral" of it regardless of the circumstances.

It further amazes me that a country that allowed itself to be deceived and send it's kid's off to die for a lie are not up in arms about that. Kids are coming home everyday in body bags dammit! Or that BILLIONS of dollars have been spent on death and destruction, and our country now faces massive budget deficits, our national economy is staggering, and loss of jobs increasing. Education funding for building and updating schools, cirriculum, textbooks, libraries, training and updating skill of teachers, as well as decent salaries for teachers are being slashed at every turn. We are a country with no morals in our foreign policy, or our domestic policy. Why aren't people offended by that? Somehow, we Americans seem to be upset and talking about the most narrow, and wasted, application of morals. Wake up America.

End of rant.

Klipsch out.