OO Academy goes for $935

Gilbert

They are hard to find and for those that feel the Academy is the final piece to their system the price probably could be justified--although at around $500 someone could custom make a center. $300-$400 is a more reasonable price for the Academy. The past 6 months or so has seen the prices really jump up.

For my Cornwalls I went with a Heresy center and I'm eager to hear Jeff's vertical Cornwall center which should blow the Academy away (as stated above)

Wow, that is two pair of Heresy or Heresy II's, a pair of La Scala's or Cornwalls right there. I suppose if you did not have room, or enough creativity to get a full size Heritage center and that was the last speaker that you needed it would justify the cost to purchase it. Klipsch is obviously still not listening!!!!! There are folks out there willing to pay big $$$$ for a Heritage based CENTER, hello, hello is anyone awake in there? There are a couple of people on this forum that have the skills to build an Academy clone with all original parts for around $400 - $500. Strangely enough there was not enough of a demand for them to do so. I see the greed monster is already at work as someone else has one posted with an $850 BIN price. Fun to watch them come out of the woodwork when they see them go for big money like that. I just glance at my La Scala that sits under my RPTV that I purchased for $300 and I just SMILE! 9.gif

Wow. I felt greedy when I got $500.00 for mine. To think the price has nearly doubled...not justified, in my opinion. The Academy is a fine speaker but a better choice would be a pair of Heresy. You would get a center AND a rear center! (and have several hundred to spare)

Here, here. $935 is an insane amount to pay for an Academy. It is a great speaker, but for that money, get a nice pair of Chorus/Forte/Quartet, use one as a center, one as a back surround, or keep the spare for parts. I'll be swapping over to a Chorus II as a center when I finish my basement this summer. Can't wait.

Yahoo, post #800!

I'm sure there is more that we agree on Steve.

For the price the Academy's are selling for, I personally would sell the speakers I am trying to match and buy new speakers that are readily available. I hate to be thought of as a fool or a sucker. To each his own.

Keith

----------------

On 2/16/2004 8:07:36 PM Freak On A Leash wrote:

I was sickened because I was bidding on this and said after $500 that was enough. I was shocked at $935 final price....I'll probably end up getting a RC-7 for my set up evetually since these sort of prices are unresonable.
7.gif

----------------

Careful Freak, same exact thing happened to me and I not only ended up with the RC-7, but also the RF-7's and RS-7 surrounds to go with it!9.gif