Personal Attacks on forum

Amy

----------------

On 4/26/2004 7:13:25 PM jt1stcav wrote:

Welcome to "Two-Channel Hell", Amy! It once was THE place to be, and only the most distinguished of forum members participated it their purely audio-related discussions. For whatever reason, it slowly lost its prestigious property value and became the dregs of society in the Klipsch community. Many low-life scum nearly chased away those good members that made this forum so great, and some of them still haven't returned!

----------------

You consider many members to be dregs of society and low-life scum, and consider it appropriate to post that opinion in a thread started by a new moderator telling everyone not to make personal attacks or engage in flame wars!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paulparrot,

Your post regarding the blatant hypocrisy and self-righteousness which seems to florish on this forum moves me to tender for your consideration an apology for misguided remarks I have made towards you in the past.Your intellect was always obvious to me,now I am certain the quality and priciple of your character is in line as well.

Respectfully,

Analogman

I've been member for 3 years in September and a very active member for at least 2 years. I have never witnessed the sweet serenity that some speak of there have always been battles here and people afraid to speak up for fear of being ridiculed. I think many are living some fantasy this place was never that perfect. I vividly remember when I first stumbled into the 2 channel area from Amy's former only area the "promedia forum". I purchased a tube amp on many peoples recommendations and went to rebuilding it. The battles raged pretty hard over what parts I should and shouldn't replace, What brand I should use. These types of battles have went on for a longtime in fact long before most of us now very active member were very active or even here for that matter. The missing link was always the same a "Active Moderator to throw the hammer down on the offenders" If this is what we have now this place truly will become the "perfect place to hang out and share are hobby"

Craig

a Hearty Welcome Amy,

As far as a year back I used to frequent this forum a lot land had learnt a lot from it..in fact my foray into 2 channel was purely due to this ..but the past few months have been really pathetic. any one has a different point a few and a one set of folks would pounce..with the resuilt that I was in other forums most of the time with only a weekly visit..and invariably get disgusted by some of the stuff.

What I liked about this earlier was that any "Klipsch" charecteristic would be analysed and a very objective view given..even differences were actually discussed in an adult

later this became pure mayhem with accusations and childish/boorish behaviour !.

Hope you can manage to get this back to a "nice" and mature forum which one feels like visiting regularly..

So welcome again :)

You are most welcome Amy. As a new member of just over a year I feel this Forum really needs your help. There a many of us newbees who now have THOUSANDS of dollars invested in new stereo gear and Klipsch speakers and we need this Forum to keep us up. I myself as well as many others I could mention have spent over $10,000 in one year. To some not a lot, to others too much.

All we want is the ability to seek information and receive different opinions in good taste. I do not wish that everyone believe in the same thing, that would be a waste. I want to hear the pros and cons and different opinions expressed without fear of retribution.

Thanks

Welcome to the worlds best stereo forum Amy, I see that Trey has brought in the big gun, guess he needed reinforcement, well, what can you expect from a man who wears kilts (just kidding)!

Since I think it is imperative for citizens to question authority, I guess we will have to gang up on you!

I dont mind the flamers, as long as they dont call anybody any names. I simply disregard them, as I disregard the rivers of dreck flooding the media. I hope the number of threads deleted are far and few between.

My Music to bomb Baghdad thread might have been too adult black comedy for some peoples taste, but at a time of national distress, I think it is imperative for free thinking citizens to vent a little steam, however tangential to stereos the topic may be. The fact that thousands of members read and responded to my thread shows how compelling the subject was. Plus, there were a few clever and thoughtful contributions. Tasteless? Perhaps. Entertaining? Yes. Informative? Possibly. It was all things that the wonderful Klipsch forum can be.

So I say welcome, but please ride us as easily as a pony who knows her way back to the barn. We may be raucous at times, but it is the nature of the beast.

3.gif

What happened to Trey? I guess he is running for the hills.

Congrats on the new position Amy - I think.....

The funny thing is that I have corresponded privately with most of those that might be pointed out as getting into the thick of battle on this forum and they are all perfectly reasonable Gentlepeople...

There is something about the words PP and SET that gets them going to a staggering degree.

Actually you could probably add Jazz to that keyword list, as well as amp repair, crossover, RF7, B&W, SS amps, surround sound, warmup, 24/7, cable sonics, SACD, DVDa, CD, vinyl, digital, pre-amps and assorted fruits...

You werent thinking of this as a part time job were you Amy?

OK, no personal attacks. Are general, "all you guys are jerks" kinds of outbursts still going to be permitted? Trey seemed to be fine with those.

Just trying to establish boundaries here.

• Moderators

Hi Fini,

Yes, "all you guys are jerks" probably won't be tolerated, unless everyone knows it's all in good fun 2.gif

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. It will take me some time to get up to speed and get to know everyone. There is definitely a lot here to go through! Feel free to drop me a note any time to alert me of potential problems or interesting issues, or just to introduce yourself. I hope I won't have to do too much "policing," but I will do what is necessary to save the integrity of this wonderful forum. Have patience everyone, and don't be afraid to post!

edster00,

No, I haven't heard from Justin in a long time... I thought he moved, perhaps? If anyone has heard how he's doing, I would be interested to hear.

Welcome Amy.

I hope you brought the fire hose with you. If you read previous posts carefully, you will quickly figure out who has it in for whom. Instead of just commenting on the amp, capacitor or preamp choice, it frequently comes down to a variation on the old, "my dad is stronger than your dad", or "your mother wears army boots", except sometimes done with a more deft touch.

There are a look of very good opinions on this website and a lot of knowledge that can and has been shared. I have learned more in the last three years than I did in the previous thirty. A strong moderator should allow us to learn and share ideas with one another.

Good luck.

Welcome Amy-

I think you will have your work cut out for you, but hopefully things will simmer down so it doesn't get the best of you. There is still a great deal of good info on this forum; you just have to pick through the trolls. Thanks for all your (future) help.

Frankly, with a couple of minor exceptions, I've thought that most folks have been on pretty good behavior for the last month or so....unless I've missed some good mud-slinging! 2.gif

Welcome Amy.

Hi Amy,

Just wanted to also say welcome. I've only been here since last fall, and have managed to dodge the flame wars, but would like the forum better without them. It's great to have opinions, even strong ones, but there is a right and a wrong way to state them. I have a feeling things will smooth out better now.

Hope your new responsibility doesn't become to much of a dreaded chore2.gif

Excuse me now, while I get back to listening to some wonderful sounds coming out of the old Heresy's... 10.gif

Dave1.gif