LAST CALL Arkansas Gathering - This Saturday - May 8th

Klipsch Forum - Arkansas Gathering

Dee Edwards and Tony Reed - co-hosts

We'll gather at 10:00 a.m. at my home in Scott, Arkansas. Just 10 minutes from the airport. We'll stay til...

If you can attend and have not yet received an e-mail from me with directions and contact information... send me an e-mail and I'll get it to you.

Hope you can make it. It's gonna be fun.

Dee

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Klipsch Employees

I helped you out Colin...I placed it on top...

I will be there! I am realy looking forward to this...The timing is a bit off for me, we just had a hose fire Sunday a week ago...everyone is ok and the house is being fixed.

Tony,

Don't forget to come get me at the airport...It's not far to Scott but I dont want to walk 2.gif2.gif

I am hoping to make it. Had hoped to share a ride with a fellow forum member but that didn't work out. If business does not force me to be out of town, I will secure a rental car and get down there. Sounds like it will be a lot of fun and it would be nice to meet some of you guys I enjoy reading. There is also that opportunity to listen to some good equipment as well...

Dee,

It looks like I am going to have to stay in town since I am on-call, since another DBA had to travel out of town (to Australia) at the last minute. So, I will have to say that I will not make it. There is a small chance that something will change before the weekend, but probably not. Thank you very much for the invitation..... have a great time, everyone who attends.

Brad

9.gif

----------------

On 5/4/2004 1:17:09 PM Tony Reed wrote:

Trey,

I thought you'd just hitch a ride out there.
9.gif

Tony
----------------

Tony, Nobody would pick up a hitcher holding 170lbs. of BS buttons, shirts, ball caps, new Xovers and misc. drivers!

Trey, Let me know if I need to bring the truck!

"...we just had a hose fire Sunday a week ago...everyone is ok and the house is being fixed."

Yikes Trey. Are we talking about the kind of fire where they drag the hose off the fire truck? Man, that sucks.

With all the gear that's showing up, I was wondering if there was going to be any decent solid state.

I know there is going to be mostly lowered powered gear there, and I'm also curious if there are going to be any push-pull amps besides Lessard's 2A3 beauty and Jesse's Cayin. I guess I'm trying to figure out if there is any real need for the QUADs. I would prefer to only bring them if they are needed -- or if a contingent really wants to hear them. OTOH, if Dee's line voltage exceeds 117V -- the QUADs could put on one hell of a light show. It's actually kind of exciting -- especially when I dive for the power switch.

Anarchist -- send me an e-mail or a pm with your e-mail address and I can get directions to you.

Brad -- we'll hope for the long shot that it might work out for you to be here. If not, well Murphy's law hasn't been repealed.

Dean, -- I do have a very nice Scott 222-D that will crank the horns nicely. Though, since I don't know if my power exceeds 117 volts, that could be interesting. So bring the quads! Have you got a Blueberry?3.gif

• Klipsch Employees

the fire was not that bad...I put it out...will have to get new range, vent a hood, cabinets and microwave... and grow a little bit of skin back on my hand.

I look forward to hearing all the different Tubes...I have never had a chance to really hear a good tube amp. For the most part, I like it loud and most tubes can't give me that kind of power. 115db is the norm in my HT...9.gif

....what? ...did you say something?....

Trey,

Jeff did request that his amps not be judged by their performance at 115db. Actually, I think he said 117. I've never tried to see how fast they will go, but I had some fun yesterday listening to the SACD of Albert King & Stevie Ray, at what you_ would call moderate volume.

SSH

Dean and/or Trey, if either of you are driving through St. Louis, make a pit stop at the house, and you are welcome to bring the Blueberry down to Dee's. Just make sure you get it back before you leave, as he has a tendancy to confiscate stuff that isn't quite performing up to par for further inspection6.gif

I wish we could make it, Dee, but we will raise a glass(and binkies) in your honor Saturday. Happy gathering and happier Mother's Day!9.gif

Dave,

Thanks and we will be thinking of you this weekend, too.

Trey is flying, so hopefully Dean could stop in and pick up the Blueberry.

Yes, I was thinking that if by chance a Blueberry should show up that it's presence could well be required so I could conduct further trials in a thorough manner.9.gif9.gif9.gif

Man, picking up that unit would be a heck of a detour for me. Besides, I'm driving the diminutive Saturn to save on gas, loading up my gear, and bringing Debbie with her girlie cases. As it is, I'm hoping I can replace my heatgun for her blow dryer to save on room. Of course, I have no idea what will happen to her head after she uses it.9.gif