Streamlining the forum.

I think it would be more to the point if the forum was truly about Klipsch speakers and relevant audio reproduction and acoustic issues, not an off-topic free-for-all gossip column about people's bad eBay experiences, how much they paid for stuff (other than speakers and relevent reproduction hardware), their cars, their guns, their furniture, their pollitics,and their vacation frustrations etc. It is the prevalence of off topic subjects which breed all the nasty inter- personal comments which then need to be eradicated.

There is way too much off-topic leeway on this forum generally and it invites trouble.

The topics here have been desigated by the forum constructors in the first place. I suggest it would be better to adhere to them stictly and if one wants to talk about other subjects find the appropriate news groups or email lists and join those.

C&S

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

----------------

On 5/10/2004 5:38:15 PM Clipped and Shorn wrote:

I think it would be more to the point if the forum was truly about Klipsch speakers and relevant audio reproduction and acoustic issues, not an off-topic free-for-all gossip column about people's bad eBay experiences, how much they paid for stuff (other than speakers and relevent reproduction hardware), their cars, their guns, their furniture, their pollitics,and their vacation frustrations etc. It is the prevalence of off topic subjects which breed all the nasty inter- personal comments which then need to be eradicated.

There is way too much off-topic leeway on this forum generally and it invites trouble.

The topics here have been desigated by the forum constructors in the first place. I suggest it would be better to adhere to them stictly and if one wants to talk about other subjects find the appropriate news groups or email lists and join those.

C&S

----------------

I know that's what I come here for. That is the Klipsch information and discussion - not the gossip, politics and mudslinging.

Clipped,

I'm not so sure the "off topic" discussion is problematic, just the location of such discussions. The off topic stuff is OK with me, as long as it is in General Questions.

The 2 channel forum has resembled "general" and contains more "crosstalk" not related to 2 channel, especially over the 6 months or so that I was away from the forum.

I think there IS a place for the off topic and friendly banter, as I think the friendships that have been built here lends itself to such off topic banter, and vice-versa - but it needs to be, generally speaking, in one place. That should also make the other areas of the forum less cluttered, and more concentrated with the info and discussion we are here to share.

----------------

On 5/10/2004 5:58:58 PM DeanG wrote:

Does anyone have the same problem with Fruit of Loom underwear that I do? You know, they're cut funny, and my left ******** always falls through the leg hole. Man, I hate that.

----------------

That's interesting. I find that it's usually my right ******** and it seems to protrude from the little access flap rather than exiting through the leg hole. Hmmm...

I'll post a pic later this afternoon to show you what I mean. 14.gif

"Yeah, There's this guy around here talking about CW radio broadcasts!"

But not anymore since I found many other gentleman on other forums and newsgroups where it is relevant. You were referring to my transitional period when loudspeakers gradually became equivalent to antennas.

"I'm not so sure the "off topic" discussion is problematic, just the location of such discussions. The off topic stuff is OK with me, as long as it is in General Questions."

I agree, some here take advantage of the captive audience in 2-ch just to show off and/or to blow there own horn, they should take it to General where it will be properly ignored.

"Does anyone have the same problem with Fruit of Loom underwear that I do? You know, they're cut funny, and my left ******** always falls through the leg hole. Man, I hate that."

Don't get me started about the built in obsolescence regarding elastic. I think they have us by the balls, or at least the short hairs.

I remember when you could wear out the cotton and the elastic would still be snappy....

Love my mint Cornwalls.....

C&S

Well, yes and no. I've only been active for a short while, but I was dropping in for a look see for several months before I registerd. From my observations a lot of first timers will post their question regardles of content to 2 Channel because it's the most active. I'm glad to see that they always receive a warm welcome. Friendships do form so you do get a lot of off topic stuff, but that leads to a growth of community and keeps people with real skills and knowledge around so they are available to us to help answer our questions.

I, for one, do try to post in the relevant forum, but I think some of the categories need reworking. For example, DVD,Music etc. seems to be almost solely about movies. That's why there are so many music posts in 2 Channel. To my mind Speaker Upgrades and Technical Questions should be combined. But I go on and on so let me close with this trenchant observation: Tighty Whities Rule!

I frequent Coolrunning.com which is a website/forum for runners. They have a "Clubhouse" forum where you can talk about anything BUT running. The moderators do a good job of moving stuff to the correct location and most folks know where to discuss what. I would think that is what the GENERAL forum should be for here, folks just need to use it.

Why change whats working. No ones is left wanting for information here, if a thread goes off topic as some do hey its human interaction. Why ban that. If a thread becomes an offensive assault such as my (insert your favorite line of speaker here), are better than yours and you suck too wars then that is where the intervention is needed. I see far more of those conflicts than any other, although Ill offer this caveat as I dont read any thread that does not interest me to begin with. Just MHO.

PS Dean: mine have a flap in the back!

Exactamento, Entertainment: DVDs, Music, etc. Perfect place to talk about your favorite collectible LPs, CDs, eBay record deals, music reviews, etc. and/or the passing of Barney Kessel and Elvin Jones or any of your other favorite musicians......or movie stars or whatever.....

Not in 2Ch.

C&S

bkrop, i dint tink fer a minute it was anything other than good natured.