Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

apparently its growing amongst our age...im only 20 and i am addicted

You kids are spoiled these days! J/K

When I was 20, I was living in my first apartment, working 1 full time, and 1 part time job, and trying to go to school all at the same time. On top of all that, I was trying to keep my gf at the time happy. Well, I got tired of that lifestyle, so I came into the military...........

I was always big into stereo when i was a young lad, I had nicer stuff then my parents then like Tommyboy i too was working two jobs plus trying to please a gf. But she lets me buy the stuff now when we have money of coarse. But anywho nice setup to alls that posted today, cant wait unitl i can get into bigger projection screens, speakers, etc....

nick

Update to my home theater setup. Cleaned up the wiring a little, I'm working on making new speaker wires for all speakers and getting ready to run as much of the cable under the floor as possible. I'll be running the wires for the RS-42's inside the wall when I get the chance. Need a weekend off to do it! Anyway I added a second MFW-15 to the system and got it tuned pretty well, had to toe the left one quite a bit and the one on the right is firing straight into the room. This seems to have removed the null problem I had with both firing straight out. Funny thing though, with one MFW-15 and one Klipsch KSW-300 I hit 117db peaks and with dual MFW-15's my best is 115db, I would have thought it would be the other way around! I have downloaded REW and will be learning that software and seeing how the system measures up this week.

Here is some updated pictures. My camera sucks inside the house, or I just suck at taking them.... how many people have a working 1957 RCA Victor in their HT?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

You might try placing your subs opposing one another for a flatter frequency response across the seating area. That is the convential recommendation reading Dr. Toole's white papers. You can find them on the Harman International site if you are interested in reading more. It may also get your 3dB back. Having the sub near the windows is probably not helping either. Hard to make recommendations since your seating arrangement is against the wall. Always tough to make generalizations in this configuration.

The cabinet on the TV makes most speaker boxes look bad. Boy, those were the days when furniture was furniture. I can see why you keep it around. Beautiful!!!!

Nice setup. Keep us posted on your progress.

You might try placing your subs opposing one another for a flatter frequency response across the seating area. That is the convential recommendation reading Dr. Toole's white papers. You can find them on the Harman International site if you are interested in reading more. It may also get your 3dB back. Having the sub near the windows is probably not helping either. Hard to make recommendations since your seating arrangement is against the wall. Always tough to make generalizations in this configuration.

The WAF is at the limit, the one on the right just doesn't have the room to be set up that way. Thanks for the info, I'll look that whitepaper up and see what I can do. The room is ony 15x14 and stuffed with wife things so that wall and the back wall is pretty much all the room I have.

The cabinet on the TV makes most speaker boxes look bad. Boy, those were the days when furniture was furniture. I can see why you keep it around. Beautiful!!!!

Yeah, considering I bought it from a guy who had it in his basement for years it held up great. The oak panel covering the speaker is mint! We watch old B&W TV programs on it, mostly "The Honeymooner's", people think we're crazy.

Nice setup. Keep us posted on your progress.

Thanks, the system stayed the same for 10 years, the bug hit back in December of '08 and it hasn't stopped since. Everything has been changed out!

Sweet setup and I like the finish on the MFW-15. I hope to get a new sub in the next few months and have that on my radar.

James

James,

Thanks, I received the 2nd MFW-15 last week, they are huge and I can't imagine a better looking subwoofer for the money I paid. The low end grunt a pair of them provides is pretty intense. I have some learning to do on how to test using REW and am reading the white papers mentioned above for more help.

If you decide on the MFW they have a new Rosewood coming out that is unreal looking, I would have gone Rosewood if I didn't want things instantly instead of waiting.

Posted Image

Update to my home theater setup. Cleaned up the wiring a little, I'm working on making new speaker wires for all speakers and getting ready to run as much of the cable under the floor as possible. I'll be running the wires for the RS-42's inside the wall when I get the chance. Need a weekend off to do it! Anyway I added a second MFW-15 to the system and got it tuned pretty well, had to toe the left one quite a bit and the one on the right is firing straight into the room. This seems to have removed the null problem I had with both firing straight out. Funny thing though, with one MFW-15 and one Klipsch KSW-300 I hit 117db peaks and with dual MFW-15's my best is 115db, I would have thought it would be the other way around! I have downloaded REW and will be learning that software and seeing how the system measures up this week.

Here is some updated pictures. My camera sucks inside the house, or I just suck at taking them.... how many people have a working 1957 RCA Victor in their HT?

Looks like we have the same decorator. My wife loves to put angels everywhere.

• dtel pinned this topic