Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

My theater is quite a bit further along then the pictures I posted earlier in this thread. It is now up and running but there is still plenty more I want to do.

Rear of the room after I installed the carpet squares...

riser.jpg

Front of the room with the mini split AC installed...

front-wall.jpg

Projector and installing the hush box...

DSCN2814-01.jpg

Rear of the theater, the back row on the riser has four seats on it.

DSCN2817-01.jpg

Side wall which is mostly the view from the door. The LCD is so I can see the OSD from my pre-pro which is located outside of the room.

DSCN2818-01.jpg

Front of the room...

FRONT-ARRAY-ALL.JPG

Shawn

Tom,

" I especially like the LCD. That's a nice custom touch. "

Thanks, it is working out well. I didn't want the OSD info showing up through the projector and didn't want to have the projector on to see what was happening so this solved that problem. I have it controlled by one of the programmable triggers on my processor so I can turn it on and off by remote. So far I've just left it on all the time (displaying whatever is on the big screen+ the OSD) and it works fine. I thought it would be distracting with it on all the time but it doesn't seem to be.

"Is that a Carada screen? If so, what do you like/dislike about it?"

Yes, a 104" 2.35ar Brilliant White screen. The frame is very well built and fits together nicely. I had to drill a couple of holes through the frame and the angle corner supports for eye hooks to hang it. It is plenty strong enough for that and the black velvet trim around it does a great job of masking the edge of the screen. I haven't watched much yet and haven't calibrated the projector but I'm very happy with the screen so far, no complaints.

Shawn

Glenn,

"What are your room's dimensions (W x L x H)?"

Tiny. It is about 110" wide, 170ish" deep and about 89" tall. It took a lot of planning and compromises to figure out how to make the room work given those dimensions but so far I'm very happy with how it turned out.

The difference in color I think makes it feel a little bigger then it is.

Shawn

Thanks Shawn for the info about the LCD and the Carada. I've narrowed my choices in screens down to Carada and Da-Lite. To be honest, I got kinda spooked about Carada after the review Projector Central did. So I'm now looking for re-assurance from folks like yourselves. 1.gif

And if I hit the lottery, I'll buy a Stewart. 1.gif

Tom

" I've narrowed my choices in screens down to Carada and Da-Lite. To be honest, I got kinda spooked about Carada after the review Projector Central did."

I've read a lot of posts from people thinking that review was far too influenced by the fact they are a Stewart dealer. If you haven't done it contact Carada and David will send you samples of each of the screen materials for you to try.

I was considering the Da-Lite the Carada and also DIY. What clinched it for me was the comparable priced Da-Lite (Permwall) snapped on the front of the frame (you can see the snaps) and the frame masking material isn't nearly as nice as the Carada. To get rear snaps and velvet on the frame (Da-Snap) for a Da-Lite costs almost twice as much as the Carada. The final clincher was Carada has 2.35ar screens readily available.

Shawn

Shawn: Wow! That is a small room. But, now I am even more impressed with how much you'd done in there, especaily using the LaScalas and still having all of that seating! My room is small, too: (10.5' W x 19' D x 7' H). But, elevated seating was not an option for us. I used RF-7s up front. Again, Shawn: Nice job!

• 4 weeks later...

"I see the Lascala's as your fronts and center. What are the other two speakers and what are they used for?"

Those are subwoofers to handle the lack of a deep low end on the LaScala's. They are built with JBL Sub1500 drivers (what Revel used in the Ultima Sub15) in 6 ft^3 sealed enclosures which result in a Q of about 0.5.

Shawn

hey are Altec's that he switched them to converting them to a two way design if I am not mistaken. "

Exactly, Altec 511Bs.

"by the way of shoe horning those in there by the way!"

Thanks. I ended up having to have the sub cabinets a little narrower then I was originally planning (16" instead of 18") but it worked out well in the end. I still need to build/install the fabric 'box' that will hid the front speaker array. That or refinish the LaScalas to all match.

Shawn

Here's a few shots I just took. It's been (patially) set up for about 2 days so far. Obviously needs some fine tuning (wire management!). OK, so no Klipsch...I make it up in my 2 channel gear (Fortes and Cornwalls). Sorry about the quality!

post-8562-13819255549942_thumb.jpg

• dtel pinned this topic