Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

Here is my HT posted again. All Heritage except for the SVS twins. I am VERY HAPPY with its performance.

Here is a pic of the front screen.

jmhtscreen2.jpg

Here is the front left shot.

jmhtfl.jpg

Here is the right side showing side flying Heresy and Rack.

jmhtrs.jpg

Closeup of flying Heresy backet.

jmhtrc.jpg

Dual SVS Ultra Plus.

jmhtsvs.jpg

Center Top. K77 and K400 over screen.

jmhtft.jpg

Here is the center bottom. Pair of K22's in sealed Heresy cabs.

jmhtfb.jpg

Rounding off the 7.1 is a pair of flying Heresys in the rear.

jmhtrear.jpg

Right side:

Thorens TD-166 top

Mcintosh C-36 Preamp

three mono Mcintosh MC-250s.

Left side:

VCR

DVD

Magnavox 650 CD

Lexicon MC1

two NAD 2200's

Sampson S1000

jmhtrackf.jpg

Well, here goes My RB-35's with the RC-35 up front. My RB-5II's and KSF 8.5's in the rear. My KSF-10. u cant see. As u can see, I dont watch much TV. But I have been getting into movies latley. Thinking about getting the sony 50" LCD.

post-13254-13819255521934_thumb.jpg

I've noticed that almost all reference HT owners have their grills off in the pics. Do you guys keep it that way all the time or just when taking pictures? Do they sound better with the grills off or just look cool (which they do)? I used to take off the grills on my corwalls years ago because I thought it sounded better. I haven't done that in at least 20 years though. Just curious.

----------------

On 7/25/2004 10:09:55 PM garymd wrote:

I've noticed that almost all reference HT owners have their grills off in the pics. Do you guys keep it that way all the time or just when taking pictures? Do they sound better with the grills off or just look cool (which they do)? I used to take off the grills on my corwalls years ago because I thought it sounded better. I haven't done that in at least 20 years though. Just curious.

----------------

I usually only take the grills off of my reference sevens if I am taking pictures or to show people who have not previously seen them in person. But day to day, the grills stay on. If they did not have the "wonderful" pins, I would probably take the grills off more. It is just such a hassle. As for my reference thirty-fives, the grills usually always stay on, pics or not.

I have not really found a difference in sound, either way. Both ways are clean and clear.

Carl.

You can definitely hear the cornwalls brighten up a bit when the grills are taken off in the middle of a song. The material is on the thick side but I believe certain speakers were designed with that in mind and the intended sound includes the impact of the grill. I don't know if cornwalls (or any other klipsch speaker) are included in this group. I'd be curious to know though.

to each his own i guess, i found a big difference with the grilles off/on on our system. After I heard them with the grilles off, it sounded muted with them on, and i didnt like it. So grilles always stay off, my parents like the look of them so thats not an issue either. I only put the grilles on when my parents invite company over with little children, and i dont want any curious tots approaching those drivers.

The question of grills on vs. off has been asked a number of times. Last year, Ou8 asked the question of RF-7s owners, and most who responded said that they left their grills on. This was primarily because: 1) the fragile grill pins and/or 2) protection for the easily dented "but cool looking" woofers. Then again, many owners have children somewhere in the house. The cerametallic woofers look and sound great, but they dent very, very easily. Just look at reference floor models at authorized dealers that have been around for awhile. For some of us, it is just not worth the risk.

Then again, if no children were around, I would never leave the grills on.

Carl.

Still in the works as I'm looking for a C7 and I probably won't get rears until next house. when I built this one (first time) I put banana plug jacks in the ceiling for the rears and mounted some small speakers from my cerwin vega D-9 days. I'm thinking now that I would like to have any of the KLF's for rears. Since the speakers I want shouldn't be mounted on the ceiling I'll probably just wait.

5-10 years I'll be building again and then I can get real serious with the HT!

PS - How do you put multiple picks in the post?

post-14497-13819255535128_thumb.jpg

• dtel pinned this topic