Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

• 2 weeks later...

Hyabusha, dude, I wonder if you like superheroes?

That tower of power, monolith of blue, skyscraper of monster...it's really something, I must say. Your setup, with all it's black, silver, and blue looks quite...frightening. In a most excellent way, of course.

Indy, your theater looks like it has mad potential already! Can't wait to see how it turns out once you're done. What are the 2 flanking tv's supposed to be used for? Sports and news?

Here is my system. RF-35s and a RC-35 in the front. RB-25s in the back and an SVS PC Plus 20-39 handling the bass. I have a Yamaha 5790 and a Sony 875 Changer... TiVo and Xbox along with a black painted 1100 watt Compaq UPS. All sitting on Sanus Naturals Audio Rack and TV Stand.

Oh yeah... and if you have a Slurpee machine in your home... you have to find a way to sneak it into the pictures. 2.gif

37994399.jpg

37994395.jpg

37994400.jpg

37994401.jpg

37994402.jpg

Ok Ray O Vac...

Where did you get the ICEE machine... I am so jealous!

Did you buy it wholesale? Popcorn Machine also very very cool!

I went to the ICEE site...and it said..

Can I have a machine for my home?

Although we would like to see ICEE consumed in homes all across the world, ICEE machines cannot be purchased for home use. ICEE machines are in fact, mini-manufacturing plants. They mix syrup, water and CO2 at an exact temperature and pressure to produce what we know as an ICEE. Maintenance for all machines is done by a skilled ICEE technician. Because of this, ICEE machines are not ideal for home use.

So how did you pull it off?

The Popcorn machine is a Paragon. Nice notice... my wife gave it to me for our 10 year Anniversary a number of years ago. We use it a TON!

Now the Icee/Slurpee machine is a WHOLE different animal. For those interested... (my intent is not to scare you away)... let me share some specifics.

- Hard to find one less the two or three years old for less then $3000. You can find them on e-bay 5 years and older in the $1200 range. Mine is a Lancer 550 and is less then 4 years old now. Cornelius and Taylor also make FCBs (Frozen Carbonated Beverage) Machines. The ones you find in a 7-Eleven are generally a Cornelius or now they are using Lancer's as well. Most of your gas station, no name quicky marts run the Taylors. (not sure why).

- I found mine on E-Bay... had been looking for close to 4 years for the "Right" one. Got lucky and picked it up for $699. Another $225 to get it to my door from PA... and then the fun just started to begin.

- These are NOT light it weighs OVER 350 pounds, I had to reinforce my counter top and cabinet to safely support it.

- I had to run a 30amp 220 volt circuit dedicated for its use.

- I have Everpure water filtration to ensure the water is "Quality H2O".

- I needed to acquire Syrup Pumps, CO2 regulators, Stainless Otiker clamps, NSF braided hose for the water and CO2, and NSF Clear hose for the Syrup pump feeds.

So I finally get all the pieces parts, get it up and running and Ohhh No... WOW... this thing has the refrigeration power equivalent of a 2 ton home AC unit. So when it runs... not only is it as NOISY as your condensing unit outside... but it raised the temp of my home theater area by an easy 10-15 degrees.

So after having it all together... and unhappy with the noise and heat. I contacted Lancer Engineering (ps. Lancer Tech support is A+++++) and queried them about pulling the condenser, compressor and accumulator out and remote mounting those items beneath the unit in my garage. And that is precisely what I did. Cut them all out, built a shelf in my garage below. Mounted everything, ran Refrigeration coppper... and had a Refrigeration guy come out and sweat it all back together, vacuum it down and charge it all back up.

Works Great NOW!!!! Quiet, Cool... Yummmy! And in the winter it helps heat my garage.

The most difficult item... is finding syrup. FCB syrup is different then soda fountain syrup. I have finally found some good sources that will sell to me. But it has taken months of searching and making "connections".

Check out more pictures of the FCB install and modifications by clicking here.

That is so cool! I love it when people say, "You can't do that".... And you do it anyway! hahahaha

Kinda like at 15, way back when the minimum wage was like 1.80 something? I worked a whole summer to buy Heresey's. My friends thought I was nuts, "640 dollars, Roger, how you going to afford those?" I learned the value of hard work, and also got a pair of Speakers I still own to this day!

Sounds like you really learned what to do to make it all work. While a basement "mini heater" might be a great idea in the wintertime, the noise would be a no no. I am not so sure I could do what you did to accomodate it, but it looks so cool I had to ask. Many cudos!

• dtel pinned this topic