Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

Looks great Mikey. Nice and clean, just the way I like it. Now you need to get that center channel up off of the ground.

It's all a matter of personal taste at some point, but I would put the center speaker on the shelf where the AVR shelf, move the TV down a bit (looks on the high side to me, and mine is over a 35 inch tall La Scala) and move the AVR off to one side (I am not a fan of LEDs and other lights in front of me when I watch a movie). Please accept this as constructive criticism... [;)]

Looks great Mikey. Nice and clean, just the way I like it. Now you need to get that center channel up off of the ground.

It's all a matter of personal taste at some point, but I would put the center speaker on the shelf where the AVR shelf, move the TV down a bit (looks on the high side to me, and mine is over a 35 inch tall La Scala) and move the AVR off to one side (I am not a fan of LEDs and other lights in front of me when I watch a movie). Please accept this as constructive criticism... Wink

I kinda agree. I'd just move the whole setup down some, put the receiver on the flour and the speaker on the shelf.

• Moderators

The color does not photograph well it is much darker than shown in the pics. My photos turn out either looking much pinker or more bright red.

I know what your talking about, the pic of our room looks like a funky shade of green and no matter how I try to adjust it it still looks weird.

Yes it is a bit high... you do look up a bit and thanks for the suggestions i think i will move it all down and get that center off the floor. This is my 1st real set up so i am still exparamenting. It sounds much better now with my onkyo than the jvc i had. Voices sounded tinny and muffled before. I have mains bi-amped and everything sounds crystal clear. Thanks again for your input :)

The relativly new bedroom setup. 65 inch LED lcd, Pioneer 1121, ps3, apple tv, Klipsch WF-14's. No plans for any surrounds. Gonna add a sub at some point. Might be my Tuba HT. Kinda feel like it's wasted in my small HT with the 2 A5-350's. If not then probably a smallish 10 inch sub cause really don't need alot of sub in the bedroom anyway. (edit) sorry about the dirty mirror. didn't notice in person but the pictures really bring out the smudges. Time the clean it I guess.

DSC_1396.jpg

DSC_1404.jpg

DSC_1401.jpg

DSC_1399.jpg

DSC_1400.jpg

Didnt finish completely behind the mirror because we are gonna paint the whole room this summer and we'll finish then

DSC_1398.jpg

side view

DSC_1402.jpg

DSC_1403.jpg

Jason, How are you liking the MultEQ XT32 on the 3008? Is it filling the gaps left by the previous Onkyo's? I hope that you're happy with it, I know you went through quite a few receivers to get to this one :)

At first I wasn't noticing a huge difference. But at this point I feel like my room is getting more dialed in with sound via settings on the equipment and what seems like a constant search and fixing of rattles. So to your question I am liking the xt32. The THT has thrown a small curveball in but it actually integrated itself quite nicely. Still don't truely have a need for it with the A5's though.

Gonna add a sub at some point. Might be my Tuba HT. Kinda feel like it's wasted in my small HT with the 2 A5-350's. If not then probably a smallish 10 inch sub cause really don't need alot of sub in the bedroom anyway.

First off, that mirror setup is really slick, well done. Also, might I recommend taking a look at the Energy Mini subs for your bedroom. I switched from RF-25's to Gallery G-28's in my living room and knew going into it that the bass was gonna suffer accordingly. So at the same time that I purchased the G-28's I picked up 2- Energy 800Watt Mini Subs to flank the TV and sit right below each 28, on the ground. They come in a piano black finish that perfectly matched both my Plasma and the 28's and they're TINY. Well, 3 weeks later and Ive already sent one of the Subs back because having two was overkill. I really didn't think that it would be and I was and still am bouncing around the idea of just throwing one behind the couch in case I ever REALLY need it. Being a Klipsch product by association you can use the Klipsch wireless sub kit with these allowing you to put it anywhere in the room without running wires, nice option. They also make a 1200Watt version of these but the pricing is like 230 and 450 or so (actually I just checked and the 800 watt has gone up to 288), for the 800watt & 1200 Watt, respectively. Thats why I bought 2 of the 800 waters to begin with. Anyhow, they are nice little subs that IMO are better suited to TV/Movies then they are music but can still pack a tight punch depending on the music. Ive listened to quite a bit of DirecTv streaming music through them and it was kinda hit or miss on the overall sound quality. However, I also think that this has a lot to do with DirecTv, so Im not ready to place full blame anywhere.

• Moderators

JJ Carney, very nice and neat looking, that's a huge Tv for a bedroom. [Y]

Couldn't help but notice some strange coincidences, we have the same bed and the long leg style jewelry box, and the same color curtains and a lamp just like that just a little taller.

I guess I need to tell the wife we need a Tv like that in the bedroom, thanks [Y]

• dtel pinned this topic