Name that child

Colin

----------------

On 6/11/2004 9:41:54 AM TBrennan wrote:

Amy---George is a fine name. Resist using a family surname as a middle name, this works only for East Coast Old Money, you know, the people who get into Yale with a B average.

----------------

I thought "George" was a name used for people who get into Yale with a "C" average...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

To Klipsch's headquarters would be perfectly acceptable. 1.gif

And what really worries me is that some of you continue to argue with me. Is there not enough life experience in you that you know not to mess with a chick in her third trimester? Always ends badly 2.gif

----------------

On 6/11/2004 11:45:50 AM Amy Unger wrote:

To Klipsch's headquarters would be perfectly acceptable.
1.gif

And what really worries me is that some of you continue to argue with me. Is there not enough life experience in you that you know not to mess with a chick in her third trimester? Always ends badly
2.gif

----------------

Explosively, even.

Grinning, ducking, and running. What's that address again? 9.gif

I avoided girl's names from Greek mythology. Iphigenia, Medea, Cassandra, Clytemnestra, Andromoche, Electra, Medusa; no good there.

Also there are bad Roman girl's names; Tarpia, Poppea, Aggripina, Livia, Drusilla; no good there either.

Boudicea is a good Celtic girl's name if you want to call-up images of lye-haired, tatooed warriors beheading Romans and Druids divining the future in smoking human entrails. Celticness is so quaint. Nah, better Maureen if you want Celtic. Or Bridgid, I named my last girl Bridgid.

----------------

On 6/11/2004 11:45:50 AM Amy Unger wrote:

To Klipsch's headquarters would be perfectly acceptable.
1.gif

And what really worries me is that some of you continue to argue with me. Is there not enough life experience in you that you know not to mess with a chick in her third trimester? Always ends badly
2.gif
----------------

Yea, at least your not on top of your house with a fully automatic weapon yelling at the hubby "Get in the house!! GET IN THE FRIGGIN' HOUSE!!!" - Robin Williams

Yea, these third trimesters make Cybol look well adjusted. - also from Robin3.gif

"We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls. Once you get locked into a serious drug collection... not that we needed all that for the trip, the tendency is to push it as far as you can."

Two bags of weed and only a case of beer? Boy, you better double or quadruple on those two!

Well, a name should be respected. I know many people with interesting names, and while they may not like it in Kindergarden, which It seems that many of you are still in, once they grow older they will be glad you didn't give then a name that everybody else has, such as Sara, or Mike, or even something more incredibly common like Tom or Gregory.

----------------

On 6/11/2004 4:45:04 PM mike stehr wrote:

"We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls. Once you get locked into a serious drug collection... not that we needed all that for the trip, the tendency is to push it as far as you can."

Two bags of weed and only a case of beer? Boy, you better double or quadruple on those two!

----------------

FEAR AND LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS! What a great movie. George was the writer, and a brilliant one at that.

• 5 years later...
  • Moderators

LOL, just dug up this thread after a conversation with Daddy Dee. Looks like I never mentioned I went with Steven Jeffrey (Steve is a cousin and Jeff is my bro)... betcha didn't know that. [:)]

Hard to believe he'll be 5 next month.

Looks like I never mentioned I went with Steven Jeffrey (Steve is a cousin and Jeff is my bro)... betcha didn't know that. Smile

Good name. Saint Stephen (traditional spelling, but it's not important, since the phonetics are the same) was so well-thought-of that the Grateful Dead wrote a song in his honour. Jeffrey's good, too.

The main thing is that you didn't go with a girl's name. Guys who are given girls' names tend to grow up really mean and nasty, as you can see from this clip from The Young Ones, a popular English show from the '80s about four roommates, who occasionally attend Scumbag College. Vyvyan is a hard-core punk with stars studded into his forehead and hits anyone who asks about his name.

You wouldn't want Steven to grow up like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgbOS2Ny2_Q

This one is much longer, but has lots of examples of Vyvyan's bad attitude:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3MrevxTxzg&feature=related

Wow didnt notice how old this thread was....

My wife is homeschooling a little girl named Emerson. Can you imagine where that one is going later on.... like middle school.

What a great name!

I find it humorous that the Grateful Dead... needle tracks up and down Jerry Garcia's arms.. would have a song about St. Stephen. Maybe his song was "Everybody Must Get Stoned".