1976 K-Horns FREE to a good home

bass656

Wow, I just now read this thread for the first time, and I'm simply amazed at the generosity of some people! And Gary is definately deserving of these magnificent Klipschorns; I know he and his wife will enjoy them for many years to come.

This is why I still love the Klipsch Forums the most...despite the trolls and flamewars we sometimes experience, this forum is still by far the best on the internet; it's members are simply awesome!12.gif

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 7/20/2004 10:09:40 PM garymd wrote:

Thanks Lynn! Sorry but I'm not the cameraman. I'm sure when Larry gets finished photoshopping he'll post them. In the meantime, I have about 2,000 lps I have to listen to again for the first time.
9.gif
----------------

Gary,

Congratulations. Since you got such a great price on the Khorns, what better time to invest/upgrade your vinyl playback system. Trust me, you won't be sorry you did. I'll be happy to give you some ideas.

Klipsch out.

Gary, I'm so happy for you that it did work out. You've won the lottery so to speak, and dedicated audiophile that you are, who better than you?

Those were very nice words you said in an earlier post about your wife Catherine. Being married to a full-bore audiophile must cause her to roll her eyes sometimes, but she's an angel.

I hope the forthcoming pics will include a few of the backs of the speakers too. Curious to see how those 1970's Khorns differ from my '03's.

I'm expecting receipt of my new Belle Klipsch center channel any day now. When it joins the Khorns in my newly enlarged room you and Cath gotta come out and hear.

Allbests, Tom

I'm the guilty party in not coming up with great pics so far. The veneer is very dark, I couldn't use direct flash because of glare, and hand-held blurred the pics. Gary, I think I need to use indirect flash, a tripod, or both. What do you think?

Folks, these have spectacular sound! The bass is very full and robust, and it, and the rest of the range, have superb, quality definition. I think Gary's Craig-Mk III's, which I've heard on my system, has a lot to do with it. I'd also guess that it couldn't be carried through without a great preamp in the chain, and that the Blueberry is very much showing its stuff as well. Amazing score!

Larry

Nice looking speaker. There appears to be a little cosmetic damage along the bottom. But hey, for the price...?

Styling-wise, that Khorn appears to lack the "neck" between the top unit and the bass bin that newer ones have. See attached pic of one of my '03's for comparison.

Just curious, does anyone know when Klipsch made that styling change? 10.gif

post-10590-13819257165822_thumb.jpg

It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Congrats Gary!

What's great is how a blessing like this flows over and touches everyone around it. I feel warm inside, and I'm loving the "goodness" of this whole thing. In this sometimes really dark world, it's awesome to still see God poking His head in.

I sure hope Bill comes back in later and passes along what God brings HIM as a reward for this great act of kindness.

----------------

On 7/21/2004 8:53:41 AM DTLongo wrote:

Styling-wise, that Khorn appears to lack the "neck" between the top unit and the bass bin that newer ones have. See attached pic of one of my '03's for comparison.

Just curious, does anyone know when Klipsch made that styling change?
10.gif

----------------

Tom,

There are different models of the Khorn offered concurrently: Styles D, B, and C. "D" is totally bare-bones, no grill cloth, etc. Gary's are style "C", and the "necked" version is the "B." I think I got that right...I don't know if the C's and D's are offered now or not.

Tom,

There is one small chip on the bottom which is easily repairable. That's virtually the only cosmetic flaw. The other thing you see at the bottom is just a piece of tape that was on the floor when I pushed the khorn into the corner and is reflecting off the light.

The "neck" is not included with the "C" style but the top and bottom of the upper bin overhang the grill cloth by about an inch which gives it a very nice look. The edges are sharp and the veneer is beautiful. The pics just don't do them justice as most khorn owners know.

gary-

You are not worthy! I'll be over this afternoon to take your speakers away (along with the room corners). I'll need some help strapping them to the top of my car, if you don't mind. For consolation, I'm bringing you senor garter snake.

2.gif2.gif2.gif Enjoy!

Nicely done Bill and Anne!

----------------

On 7/21/2004 9:22:44 AM garymd wrote:

Clu,

You're always welcome! If you can carry them out and strap them to the top of your car, they're yours! You must do this while holding senor garter snake in your teeth. Good luck and pm me for directions.
9.gif

----------------

I'm on my way 10.gif

builder.jpg