1976 K-Horns FREE to a good home

bass656

Bill,

Actually not everyone likes their real names posted which was why I used Bob and Amy. I may have lost some of my short term memory but it's not quite that bad.6.gif

Thanks again!!!!! And again.....

Pictures should be posted sometime this evening (I hope).

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still remember the sound of "Goodbye Pork Pie Hat" filling the room on the first real audition I gave my K's. I remember the look on wifey's face when she came home halfway through...

"They do sound good..."

bass656, welcome to the Klipsch forum! That was truely a generous thing for you to do, you will always know the speakers went to a good home!

Garymd, congratulations! This has to be one of the most memorable days in your (audio) life. I know the speakers will be very well taken care of and appreciated.

Bill and Anne, i have to concur with everyone else here: you are truly a class act. also, gary is a most worthy recipient, as he has been very unselfish in sharing information re tubes, music, perspectives, etc. he has frequently been a peacemaker and/or the voice of reason when others have gotten a bit too excitable.

bread cast out on the water comes back 100 fold, so here is wishing you the best. patrick

Hey Bill and Anne,

If you haven't read much of the Forum we are a bunch of great people with big hearts for the most part. Our only downfall can be the big ego at times. I hoe you guys stay around, you have definitely earned a place in our hearts.

Now for the really big question...Anything else to give???9.gif

Just kidding, the real question is what will replace the Khorns in your new diggs? I assume it has to be something great.

My wife and I have been listening almost non-stop for the past 3 hours. Amazing, just amazing. At one point she turned to me and said, yeah, these are better.1.gif She also likes the looks better then the cornwalls (Thank God!) which was my greatest fear.

I didn't realize the "C" style had the top and mid overhanging the fronts. Gives them a very nice, sharp look. I thought the styles without the "neck" were just flat all the way down. The veneer job on these are spectacular. It's a very dark, reddish mohogany. Really stunning and other than a couple minor dings, they're PERFECT!

If I may, I have to give Gary's wife a big compliment for she is not the compliant type, she is a player! Gracious, lovely, intelligent and witty, she obviously shared Gary's new joy and can now brag that she has Khorns in her office!

(Gary was evidently writing the above post as I was writing mine. What timing!)

Second edit: word change in text.

A HUGE thanks to Klipschfoot for taking time off work to come over and help me carry these beasts downstairs and to Larry for coming out to take pics during rush hour and giving his usual moral support.12.gif

P.S. Catherine says thanks for your comments and for the suggestions regarding our potential home improvements.

Gary, wake up! It's just a dream! Just kidding 9.gif .

If I were you, I would be shaking my head and pinching myself just to make sure! I'll bet you'll gave a big grin on your face for days.

Three cheers for Bill and Anne!

----------------

On 7/20/2004 8:45:30 PM NOSValves wrote:

Unfreaking believeable !! This is really great Gary. Did you kiss the guy for giving them to you ?

----------------

I would have but his wife was watching.9.gif

Instead I kissed my wife for letting me bring them home.13.gif

Congrats gary !! Very kind man to give these away , i'm glad to hear they went to a good home and the previous owner cared enough about the brand to offer them to somone here .

As said before " class act " all the way around .

Now the real problem is !! once you have one pair you want 2 pair the once you have 2 pair " HELL " you might just as well have 3 pair . Buddy of mine just split with his wife and asked me if i'd store his 1986 k's ( which i sold him back in 1991 ) till he gets back on his feet .

The wife said what are we going to do with 4 pairs ?

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA what a problem to have EH ?