See what Bose is doing?

Rdmarsiii

One of the most unusual things I have heard a trademark being applied for was the actual, distinctive sound of the Harley Davidson V-Twin motorcycle engine. I'm unsure if they were successful in actually getting the trademark awarded to them, but I swear I read someplace where they did. This was a couple of years ago. According to their trademark, no other motorcycle is allowed to "sound" exactly like one of theirs. Also, the recorded sound of one of their bikes cannot be used without their permission. Although, I understand the nature of the whole concept, I consider this a bit over-the-top and quite absurd.

Hmmm....I wonder if I can trademark the sound of my beer burps? I'll have to practice while I'm on vacation next week! 2.gif9.gif

Picky-

In a similar vein, the guy (forget his name) who does the "Let's get ready to RUUMMBLE!!!" at boxing matches has that trademarked. IIRC, you can't say it the same way he does, or it's a violation. He gets lotsa royalties this way, and travels a lot so people can use that phrase.

jhawk92: You are absolutely right! I had heard that too. I think the guy's name is Michael Buffer.

Hmmm...I wonder what would happen if someone like Rich Little, who used to be very famous for doing impressions, did Michael Buffer's voice during his routine? I think I am beginning to see just how absurd the lengths this protectionist crap has gotten to these days!14.gif

Here you go: Let's hear Michael Buffer do an imitation of Rich Little doing an imitation of a Harley engine! Now THERE'S infringement taken to the next level! LOLOL! 9.gif

----------------

On 7/22/2004 3:23:31 AM dantfmly wrote:

----------------

On 7/21/2004 10:37:37 PM wheelman wrote:

Man you guys realy hate bose.

----------------

Buy

Our

S%$#

Earl

They suck for the amount of money they want to charge.

----------------

LOL yeah their gettin paid!

If you think that's bad, here in Washington state we have a mountain range called the Olympic Mountains.

Many, many businesses here are named Olympic this and Olympic that. Guess who's suing them for trademark infringement?!

The OLYMPICS! the so-called "sports" organization... now that's a rip off! where is the sportsmanship in that?!@#$

The greedy so-and-so's!!

DM2.gif

----------------

On 7/21/2004 9:22:09 AM Olorin wrote:

Saying it doesn't make it true.
2.gif

Sure it does, that's why Fox News is "Fair & Balanced".

Because they say they are. And if you dare question it, Bill O'Reilly will kindly yell "shut up" over your opinion.

At least Fox News is more Fair and Balanced than the Communist News Network or any of the broadcast networks.

The real problem is that the majority of the other networks are so twisted and biased, everybody thinks that is normal and Fox is not. In reality, Fox News is very neutral and sometimes MSNBC is, too. They just don't look like it in comparison.

The Fox vs. CNN debate is up there with religion and abortion now - especially on this election year.

While I will watch Headline News for a overview, I am a FoxNews fan, and while they do lean to the right a little, they are not run by the Montana Malitia like some people think (roll eyes)

Now that's just silly. Do you realize that other networks such as CNN actually strive to avoid bias and conflicts of interest? Not the case at Fox where personal views of anchors, correspondents, pundits, etc. are routinely presented as objective news. ick

----------------

On 7/27/2004 4:33:57 PM John Albright wrote:

At least Fox News is more Fair and Balanced than the Communist News Network or any of the broadcast networks.

The real problem is that the majority of the other networks are so twisted and biased, everybody thinks that is normal and Fox is not. In reality, Fox News is very neutral and sometimes MSNBC is, too. They just don't look like it in comparison.

----------------

Guest Anonymous

Well, in the defense of Bose, they do make very "cute" products.... i highly doubt that amar bose is sitting in a lab right now saying now how can i make this horrible piece sound better, i really bet that he is sitting in some huge house smoking a cigar and using hundred dollar bills for toliet paper, while 8 year kids in malasyia or some country are assembling his fine quaity products.... although at the same time wouldn't any of you like to have been a share holder in that company before bose had its ipo.... anyone would have made a good chunk of change

----------------

On 7/21/2004 8:05:44 AM dkp wrote:

----------------

On 7/21/2004 7:33:41 AM Royster wrote:

And they have Paul Harvey as a spoksman/paid ad. That alone is enough to boycot Bolze.
----------------

Aww c'mon now. I like Paul Harvey......Good Day!
1.gif

----------------

Yeah, but how good could a mid-80's gentleman's hearing be? That might explain his love of Bose. LOL

----------------

On 7/27/2004 8:56:02 PM kenratboy wrote:

The Fox vs. CNN debate is up there with religion and abortion now - especially on this election year.

While I will watch Headline News for a overview, I am a FoxNews fan, and while they do lean to the right a little, they are not run by the Montana Malitia like some people think (roll eyes)

----------------

Perhaps not, but when there is a swarm of testimony from former employees that upper management issues direct edicts as to what news is presented, how it is presented, and more importantly what is ignored, coupled with Jerry-Springer-esque talk show hosts that won't so much as allow anyone to speak an opposing viewpoint without being told to "shut up", it's pretty damning.

Lean to the right a little? More like a mouthpiece for the Bush campaign at this point, friend. The only reason Fox doesn't lean all the way to the right is because the extreme right despises Bush as much as the left does, although for very different reasons (namely, his attitude towards spending - "the deficit doesn't matter")

ahah i was on teh bose site

Reflecting®

Wave®

Thats two chaptors of physics that bose® now owns.

Acoustimass® - ok i can understand this one, but thats it.

Videostage® - please tell me wtf that is?

ADAPTiQ® - who cares?

Cube® - ok, i guess everyone has to make ice triangles now

Auditioner® - list goes on

AudioPilot® - haha

Panaray® - give me a BREAK!

802® - i still dont get how you can do this, i can understand how new words can get a trademark but its a ****ing number!

402®

161 - I think the government ran out of ®'s? so they gave em a

301®

30® I dont know how the hell they got 30, thats crazy

Are you ready for hte best one guys!

Everywhere®

IM NOT KIDDING! It was on the site!