I am down and out...

tpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15.gif Sad tale tpg.

You'll heal in short order. She however will still be a heel. If you stayed together you would have been hurt over and over again by her lack of concern for anyone but herself.

Take some time off listen to your RF-3's and hang with your friends. It'll pass. Have some fun!3.gif

Rick

Monogamy and true love makes a lot of sense. But only if both are doing it.

Unfortunately, buddy, you have been dumped.

The only next step is to find another woman. Right now it seems like disloyalty by you. And that is natural. Just shows that you have tendancies to loyalty. Good tendancy but must be with a person of similar thoughts, to you.

You'll find a babe who has been dumped by her ex, has been hurt too. Then you two will go like gangbusters. This will last . . . who knows. Successes last longer than failures.

Gil

garymd said:

"Oh yeah, don't ever try to figure out why women do what they do."

Ain't that the truth!

tpg,

Last summer my 17 year old son was on line with a girl he was dating. She told him she really liked him but there was another guy that she sort of liked and she hoped she could date both of them for a while until she could make a decision. My kid comes over as asks, "what shall I do - what do I say?" I told him to tell her she just made her decision and that maybe he'd catch up with her sometime after school started. He did and she was floored. She kept a callin' for two weeks. The kid really gained a lot of self confidence from that experience and this year hes had to beat them away. He's off to college Sunday and during our little pre departure talk he said, " Dad, I've seen too many of my friends act like love sick puppies the past few days. Thanks for telling me what to say to Amanda last summer. Its always been a big help."

I, on the other hand, had to learn the hard way. That's how I learned though.

So tpg, suck it up my friend. Stand tall and find one that respects you as much as you respect her. I promise there's more than one out there. Rememberwhere theres smoke, theres fire.

TPG,

Glad you have shared your experience here with your Klipsch brothers. (and perhaps occasional sister). It is rugged as heck to go through what you've been dealing with over the last few weeks. You have been getting some genuinely good feedback and support in the responses above. That's pretty cool for an audio forum. It is also a place of community.

One of the hardest things to do is not take something like this personally. I know that from my own experience, because at the time it seems so very personal. It says more about her than about you. There also always something to learn from the experience. There are some young women out there you haven't even met or imagined yet. That's not always a welcome thought when you are still smarting.

Keep hanging in there.

Dee

TPG,

Your story reminds me greatly of my friend's breakup. They were going out for about 2 years, since their senior year in high school (it was their sophomore year in college when they broke up). Girlfriend was always clingy and we made fun of him for it. Guy's family moved to Arizona but he still went to school here in Chicago (but he would go to Arizona for summer and during breaks).

Summer came and he was to go back to Arizona for the summer to spend time with his family. Girl is upset, sad, and lonely. Girl misses him. After the first week, girl begins to be "ok". A month passes and girl begins to drift away. Girl breaks up with guy.

Reason? While he was away, the girl's friends made her think twice about spending time with ONE guy when she could party it up and mix it up with other guys. Girl wanted to have fun and left guy.

My friend was so heartbroken, he remains heartbroken. As my roommate, I tried my best to keep him sane.

Love makes you FEEL some crazy things. I know the feeling when your guy crunches and you feel like nothing matters... ONLY the girl coming back to you can make you feel better.. I know that feeling.

I have a wonderful girlfriend myself. I have been a very lucky guy. I met her in high school and we still remain strong, after 5 years. I am now entering medical school (proper) and she has just begun pharmacy school (proper). We worked very hard on our relationship because we felt that it was WORTH the effort.

My girlfriend and I fight, argue, hang-up the phone, snub, and we do all the things couples do when they dont get along.... but I am glad that we patch things up and move on. I am very happy with her and I did my freaking best to ensure that she and I would still remain together.

Do you know how hard it is to get into medical school, much less get into a school which is physically close to the pharmacy school she might choose? So much is out of our control but luckily everything turned out fine. Her school and mine are within short distances from each other... she got accepted to only one pharmacy school and I was lucky enough to get accepted to enough so that I was able to choose the med school closest to hers (among other med school related reasons). It would've been hard had I not been accepted to RUSH med seeing that I wouldve had to travel 3 hours to get to her place from middle Illinois (U of I med).

One thing you have to realize is that love takes TWO. It takes TWO to make things work. If she didnt want it to work in the end... it sucks.... but it wasnt MEANT TO BE. Dont worry TPG, others will come along.... just make sure you jump into a relationship without the pre-emptive thought OF FALLING IN LOVE. Let it come naturally.

Sorry, I blabbered on...

Trespasser, I think this is something most people can associate with. At some point or another in life we lose someone we love. So you'll get a lot of "been there", "time will heal everything", "give it some time", "you're better off", "it would have happened sooner or later", etc... but it doesn't make you feel much better right now. Eventually it'll all make sense.

The important thing you mentioned is that you were happy. You had a good time, you grew as a person, and you enjoyed yourself. The restaurants, activities, time you spent were not wasted in any way, as they brought you happiness. Mathematical probability is on your side... you'll eventually be more or equally happy again. You'll look back without any regrets.

How do those RF3 rock?

Rob

Guest Anonymous

Tpg, your 18, AND in college, get your A$$ to the library, talk to the most gorgeous woman you see there, invite her out for coffee....and start smilin again. 3.gif

God I Wish I had your problems6.gif

----------------

On 9/4/2004 5:08:01 PM smilin wrote:

Tpg, your 18, AND in college, get your A$$ to the library, talk to the most gorgeous woman you see there, invite her out for coffee....and start smilin again.
3.gif

God I Wish I had your problems
6.gif

----------------

And if the most gorgeous one shoots you down, go right down the line.3.gif

Think of Burgess in Grumpy Old Men. 9.gif

Don't worry, be happy. Fate has a way of setting things right.

Bro, I hear you and it does suck whenever ish like that happens. But hey man, I'm pretty sure I can speak for everyone when I say even the best of us have been dumped or screwed-over at least once in our lives. I dunno if it makes you "stronger," but one thing's for damn sure, it's all part of growing up. Like I said, we all been through it. Kind of a right of passage or something.

And dude, lemme tell you, in hindsight, A LOT of things can be looked at like a waste of time or money or effort or all three. Dinner dates. Clothes you buy in your different "phases." CD's that you'll never listen to next year. Hell, even high school calculus classes. But for reals? Without these seemingly meaningless experiences, your life is empty and without substance. Life is totally about the journey, not the destination, and any journey will inevitably have its good times, and those real sh!tty ones too.

Just remember the good times you two had, and take whatever you do from it. Hopefully you learned a thing or two, and hopefully you two grew a little from each other as well. Dunno if you're a religious man or not, but sometimes it helps to think that bad times are blessings in disguise. Maybe it's something to prepare you for a bigger and better thing that's at the end of the tunnel, you just gotta be tough and stick it through to make it until that point. For now, I say take this opportunity to hang out with your mates more, spend a little more time with the folks, heck, maybe even pick up a new hobby?

And a quick note about what you were saying about not being too secure about these kinda things? No worries dude. Nobody is at your age yet. We're still learning about ourselves and all. Security comes with confidence. And confidence will come with time, I guarantee you that. Some earlier than others, but hey, it'll come.

But remember, like I said, life's about the journey, in time you'll feel better, don't spend too much $ (except on speakers!), and better days will come your way, and that's for damn sure bro.

Dude,

Get it straight.

A) She definitely cheated on you. It's obvious.

B) The laaaast think you need at 18 and in college is a steading long-term relationship. Graze the pasture young buck.

C) From the sound of it, neither one of you showed the maturity level necessary to be in the sort of relationship that you desire

Remember:

Despiration is the worst cologne

At your (and Her) age sexual attraction/love is pretty tough to deal with given that your personalities are still in their early formative stages but your life experience is limited. Give it a little time if you really feel you want to spend the rest of your life with her.

That said don't wait too long before moving on.

It is possible that she is the one for you and you for her but if you are still twisting in the wind three months from now then:

(I.) She cannot commit because she is not ready to do so and you need to get out of Dodge - Now!

(II.)She is stringing you along see: (I.) above

I am tempted to say that at 18 you and she are too young to make a serious commitment to each other but that is not necessarily true for all 18 year olds whether male or female.

I would also suggest that if she wants to spend the next few months dating others while she makes up her mind you should do likewise. It will help both of you sort out what you want/need whether that to be together or not.

If it turns out that you and she part company it does not mean either of you are bad people..... It only means that this relationship was merely a training ground for what will be when you ( as in each of you ) find the person that is right for you.

tpg,I recall you have had other relationships that didn't work out,as many have.The point is it don't matter if it weren't meant to be.I had a few girlfriends that I suspected of being less than 100% faithful,never proven but still enough for me to say bye.Through this ritual I met my current and only wife of 25 years,cheating has never even been an issue.

Now I am not the luckiest guy in the world,I generally have to make my own luck,again,as many of us regular people do.BUT,the day I met her by chance was the luckiest day of my life.

So,maybe your lucky day is just down the road a little.Good luck.

TPG-

You've always been one of my forum favorites...so please don't take this the wrong way.

So long as you hold someone/something accountable for your own personal happiness...YOU'RE SCREWED....You've got to find ways to be happy in your own right and if you by some freak of nature find the right "someone" to share a relationship with then you can consider yourself truely fortunate.

18, ah yes, I remember it, I'm still try to act it. But I have an assistant who is a little 19 yr old college hottie. Gals this age in these times are merciless teases who realize that they are sitting on what makes the world go round. You my fine friend are mature and well spoken. Too much so to have 2500 posts on a (sorry guys) electronic geeks bulletin board. GET OUT THERE AND HAVE SOME FUN. We 40+ year olds wish we had the opportunity you young bucks have today. And trust me, I'm a pretty cool ex-hippie who had his share the first time around plus some. You see, we've traded the time we were given for meaningless pleasures like money, fast cars, fine homes. IMO the only thing that really matters in life is love. Unfortunately the love of a good woman comes around only once in a while or once in a lifetime for many good men.

Enjoy it while its real, forget it when it's not, strive for it but don't become a slave to your emotions. Be yourself, all things will work together in time.

Be at peace. Your heart will mend.

your Klipsch bro,

Michael