I am down and out...

tpg

----------------

On 9/4/2004 5:36:16 PM nicholtl wrote:

Life is totally about the journey, not the destination, and any journey will inevitably have its good times, and those real sh!tty ones too.

----------------

It's been my motto since being burned (very similarly to tpg, BTW) last time. If you don't forget to enjoy the journey... your life will be filled with great experiences.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TPG, as Clu noted, YOUR happiness is caused by you! Not anyone else...

So, figure out the things that make you happy outside girls, and get that side in order.

Then figure out the type of girl that makes you happy hangin' out with, and go meet some of them. Pick up a few CDs of music the girls like, invite some friends over for a jam on a Friday nite, and keep chilled out. The best things take years to figure out, and finding a righteous girl that does right by you is one of the easier things in life, if you let it happen naturally.

One of the best words of wisdom my mom gave me was something along the line -

the girls you want to go to bed with are the ones you want to meet at a pool; the girl you want to marry is the one you can go on a thousand mile car ride with.4.gif

----------------

On 9/4/2004 7:35:40 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

18, ah yes, I remember it, I'm still try to act it. But I have an assistant who is a little 19 yr old college hottie. Gals this age in these times are merciless teases who realize that they are sitting on what makes the world go round. ----------------

This is oh so true!!

I have to echo the feelings of most 30+ (in age) guys here. I know there is alot of fun in "talking" to others on-line about things you like, i.e. Klipsch speakers, but you are too young to spend too much time here with us!

You have so much growing to do and there are so many girls that you will go through during this time that your head will spin. When I was 17 I got upset about the break-up with a girlfriend that I felt like the world would end. I haven't let that happen again because it doesn't take long to realize that, when your that age, life is about experiences and certainly isn't about "settling down." You will have plenty of time to find that "life partner" so just get out there and be happy because you will have plenty of time after college to be miserable! 9.gif

Good luck!

D

funny, i am now 47, when i was younger i used to hear that i needed to be tolerant, because my girlfriends best friends were men, and that i was to tolerate thier presence, ??????? well as someone already said, love is manogamy, you are young and have to learn that just because you want something, does not mean the sentiment is shared. stand up, dust yourself off, and move on, you will surprised! no plesantly pleased that there will be many many chances in your young life to test the waters and find that 1 person who shares in your sentiments, hobbies, desires, until than, dont worry, be happy, some of the best medicine is a good pair of headphones, your favorite music, it is good for mind and spirit, good luck, it does get better12.gif

TPG -

Yep on what Clu and others have noted, be true to yourself and find your own happiness. Once you get close to that (it is kind of a neverending story trip) you will find there are folks that have a kinship that is real. You will also find folks that don't particularly care for how you are - BFD, they'll learn to live with it.

As to being 18 - I am sure you are pretty much aware of where you are in this life journey and it sounds like you are working your way through the lessons of experience that are part of your life forever. By being true to yourself you will be able to focus on the positive and not the bitter. Life is much more fun that way.

Hang in there dude...

Maybe when time has healed your wounds a bit you can think of it like this:

You traded a girlfriend for a pair of Klipsch speakers (from the sound of it, it was a good trade). This thought will probably come to you when you're sitting on your couch with your next love while listening to those RF-3s!!!!!

If you love something set it (her) free. If it (her devotion to you and her love) comes back, you have true love. If it (her love again) does not ... It never was.

18- 22 is a great time for teens to men to date. You will learn something about yourself in each situation. The girl who looked pretty, but no brains.. the sexy wild one you couldn't marry long term, and know it too. Someone... someplace is out there for you. That person has everything your looking for in all the right percentages too.

Have some self respect for yourself too. Your not in a married situation, you do not have a promise ring of engagement on her hand... Nor has she accepted one too. If she does not value you... Yes, you matter too... Of what value to you long term is she?

You gotta admit... after say your married on the road working with 4 kids at home and you come home unexpected and find her with a man cuddled up on YOUR couch/ bed could be a worse thing to happen.

A friend of mine found his wife in bed with his neighbor. He was a very successful medical salesman.. But not home enough. His wife said she was "bored." Better to work through those issues before marriage. Find someone that is true to you, as you are to them!

I also bet a lot of men given the chance have maybe a 1/2 dozen women if they could do over again date too from 18- 22 yrs old.. When they were "stuck" with the one they thought was the one. Reminds me of the Garth Brooks song.. Unanswered Prayers... Lot of truth in that one.

Nicely said Indy, from a very happily married man indeed (thanks for bringing C and kiddies by the other day).

DUDE- just look at this new avatar of mine. Absolutely hot 19 yr old, soph at college. They are out there waiting for you dude! Don't waste time lamenting time over the 'one that got away'. While you're crying in yer beer, the one that was right for you will be heading out the door with the nearest truck drivin dude she can find. (ok, Indy got me in a country mood)

Michael (yes, I took <-----THAT photo)

tpg - The only thing I'd like to add is that now that you know for a fact that she was stringing you along and basically using you, instead of being sad...

YOU SHOULD BE MAD!

C'mon dude....be a a man for a bit. You were the fall back guy for when she couldn't find anyone else. Get pissed a little bit. Show some respect for yourself. You're 18!!

As for any real advice, I'll just offer this:

"He who cares least wins"

If when some chick says she needs space, you say, "You can have all the space you want, because I'm ouuta here. Have a good life." And mean it! The minute you feel a relationship is not working for YOU - dump her and get outta there. Once you demonstrate to the opposite sex that you are secure and know where you're going and what you want, you'll have to beat them off with a stick. Some girl idicates she's interested - ignore her and watch what happens.

Hang in there. BTDT. It sucks, but it gets better. Get interested in you first.

Tom

For the forum crowd too.. Michael is just an amazing photographer.. and yes I mean it for real too. I am very, very proud of him.

Some people just have that gift... He does.

Toms point is true too. There is a reason some men who seem to not give a damn get so lucky with women. (Although some are very lonely too IMO.) They are confident in themselves, and women are drawn to leaders. How many times do you see a very cute woman with a jerk.. Or hear of a very pretty woman who can't get a date too cause she is too shy..??

When your happy with yourself..not in such a puppy love state, but rather just looking to have fun... You will have to beat em off with a stick... trust me!

Tresspasser

In the years gone by, I never knew you were that young....

I know it hurts... I remember my first break up with my first love and at the time I was devistated.

BUT, after.... I fondly remember my spring breaks in Daytona Beach. The time in college my friend talked some Lesbian friends into letting us "watch". And much more that I can not post 1.gif1.gif1.gif

Trust me, You will get over it.

Enjoy your youth.

JM

"If when some chick says she needs space, you say, "You can have all the space you want, because I'm ouuta here. Have a good life." And mean it!" WHO SAID DAT!!! YEEEEEEAAAAA MAN

F#@%-A!!! That's the attitude we're talking about here. Like Billy Joel says at the end of every show (any he's a NY boy) "

"Don't take any S#it from ANYONE!"

apologizes to the censors in the crowd, but this topic has the boys riled up!

JM- please tell us more so we can live vicariously through you!?!? lol

Michael- getting better by the day.

----------------

On 9/7/2004 9:23:23 AM IndyKlipschFan wrote:

If you love something set it (her) free. If it (her devotion to you and her love) comes back, you have true love. If it (her love again) does not ... It never was.
----------------

I went wierd for a bit here Indy -

I gave my Khorns to my brother for safekeeping (set them free) about 18 years ago - they never came back...

I stil Love my Khorns, but they don't love me.

8.gif8.gif8.gif

Hello:

Have been away, also have not read all replies.

First: I am sorry to hear of your problems.

Second, Daddy Dee is a man of wisdom. I respect him and what he posted.

Third, You must have attributes of your own. Society seems to frown on those who state that they can do something well. WRONG.

Think of your positives, keep them current. Work on any negatives. If you can't improve some things within you, you are human. Concentrate on the positives staying positive.

Lovers come and go. You are with you 24/7. Look for someone that isn't into games. Or, get very good at playing them. With two (2) pages of replies, it seems as if some here give a rats behind. Concentrate on that.

If you have true friends you can never say that you are not loved or cared for. Things truly do happen for a reason, lousy cliche` but true. You learn.

You learn what you want, how to give and how to gain some confidence. Having someone walk on you teaches you quickly.

It hurts now, you never forget a love. But that love moves over for what is true, what will work. If you cut the connection, you may be the better. Then you will have time for music, for life, for love.

I wish you - and all the rest here - will either find a true working love or a continuing romance that grows each day.

dodger

TPG:

You really struck a chord with this lament. There is a lot of great advise in this thread...to which I will add what little I have learned in 35 years and 1 divorce:

It only hurts so much because it felt so right - in other words, the higher you are the farther you fall.

Enjoy college, don't look for a serious relationship (but don't run away from one either) but enjoy the opportunities that present themselves (Spring Breaks, working summers on the beach, lesbians, whatever)

And enjoy the music!

Hang in there Bro!

Paul

tpg, I could definitely tell you were stuggling with something while we were working out the whole headphone amp deal, and you mentioned the girlfriend, but now it seems the whole story is out in the open, and I gotta say, you acted very mature throughout the whole process of the downfall of your relationship, and did exactly what you should have. You're a great guy, and this girl didn't appreciate that enough I think. Her actions I would definitely never put up with as boyfriend (especially the making out with this other guy...that's way out of hand!), but then again, I've never been there. All I gotta say is that you've done the right thing, and you've been extremely mature about this whole thing. I'm not good at writing long sage-like essays about this sort of thing, so I'll leave it at that. Glad you posted this. I'm sure it helped vent some steam.

I can't tell you enough...enjoy those RF-3's. 9.gif

Sorry for your sorrow. Everyone has gone though a terrible breakup. It's never fun and can certainly take all the wind out of one's sails. Time makes it better and so does moving on with your life. Women are like honey and can attract men a lot easier then men can attract women. If I were you I would use the dating services on the Internet to meet new ladies in my area. It's a good way to meet new and exciting women and get back intothe dating scene. Having a few successful dates will get your spirits up and get you excited about life again. The worst thing you can do is wallow in what if's. I hope this helps. And yeah new speakers can't hurt either. I hope you're enjoying them.