Fahrenheit 9/11

unimorpheus

I watched Fahrenheit 9/11 for the first time on DVD and was very surprised by the level of audio dynamics is the presentation. Make no mistake about it the DVD is hard to watch, at least from a humanitarian point of view. What struck me was how a good HT setup makes this presentation so much more frightening. The explosions are out of nowhere and you really get a sense of how horrific these events were/are in person. I am not commenting on the politics of the film in any way I just never realized how our HT "hobby" could bring real life into your living room whether you want it there or not.

----------------

On 10/10/2004 9:36:18 PM Fish wrote:

The audio quality would be the only thing true to life in an otherwise pure propaganda,total BS flem.

----------------

You haven't seen it, have you?

It really shouldn't evolve into a big battle.

The point is simple - the movie MIGHT have had a point, but it DIDN'T!!! All because Mr. Moore decided, while filming it, that it had to have so much spin, conveniently placed cuts, and sections out of context, that it would lose all credibility even before it ended.

After all the hype it made, I walked out of that film in utter disgust. While the first 30 minutes seemed like a very tilted, but still palatable documentary, the rest of it smelled worse than cancer-ridden intestines of someone who's been dead for a few months (I've smelled that before).

Still, it's my fault for giving it a chance. After 'Bowling for Columbine' I should have known what to expect.

----------------

On 10/10/2004 10:39:22 PM nicholtl wrote:

There's no point in any of you wasting your time or intellectual energy in trying to argue politics here, because it'll get shut down. You're gonna have to go elsewhere for that.

----------------

I hope that wasn't directed at me. I don't know where you saw a political argument in my post. I was saying the movie is trash. I wasn't commenting with regards to its purpose or to what it tried to argue.

A number of my friends had told me to see F911 for months. One said it was incredible, and he had a totally different picture of the man he voted for. He went on to say the movie completely changed his opinion, and now he was voting for the other guy this Nov.

After a sobering conversation with another friend in particular, who happened to hold a masters degree in business, I finally saw the movie.

My opinion: Well said, 007what a crock.

One thing I find funny is the hard-line opinion of right-wingers, who say its crap without having seen the film. But what absolutely disgusts me is the stupidity of this new band of Michael Moore-followers that have seen the movie and have completely swallowed it without having checked a single fact for themselves.

But what about Rush Limbaugh, etc? The right may have Rush Limbaugh, but neither Limbaugh, Hannity, nor OReilly ever made a mass-consumable movie about pres. Clinton, re: White Water, China, or Lewinski. If this movie holds a single shred of truth, where is the cry for impeachment? Not even Michael Moore has been able to get a petition for impeachment to be taken seriously.

I never saw Bowling for Columbine, but now Moores credibility is absolutely ruined with me. This facts of this documentary are so over-the-top they would almost read like a comedy, if it werent for the shock scenes and crying mothers, Id almost think the Spinal Tap guys were behind it. I am absolutely disgusted with this obvious distortion of facts, and I will never watch another Moore movie. Hollywood has absolutely disappointed me by continuing to distribute this film. Just avoid it and do yourself a favor. I feel dumber for having ever watched it, myself.

----------------

On 10/10/2004 10:42:33 PM meuge wrote:

----------------

On 10/10/2004 10:39:22 PM nicholtl wrote:

There's no point in any of you wasting your time or intellectual energy in trying to argue politics here, because it'll get shut down. You're gonna have to go elsewhere for that.

----------------

I hope that wasn't directed at me.

----------------

Meuge, no way man, sorry if it came across that way. I'm just saying there have been countless threads that started going political, one even got to be several pages long, but alas, it was (and invariably will be) shut down sooner or later. I was just advising everyone to spend their energy elsewhere.

And my opinion is while the film is heavily biased (which is what you should expect when going into a Moore film), it wasn't trash. It was very successful in what it was trying to accomplish, the way in which it was told, and exhibited exquisite textbook style of documentary filmmaking. It won the Palm d'orre at Cannes for a reason, guys.

We need to find a place to talk politix. Its ashamed we can't do it here, considering the year and relevance.

But communist moderators aside, I liked the flic. I just watched it recently for the first time. There was a bunch of BS within F911, but there was some interesting info. I'm impartial, meaning I don't care for either B or K.

But where does that leave us?

You have to give Michael Moore credit where credit is due. He is very clever in what he does.

If you watch the movie with an open mind you have to admire his skill. The clever interaction of the music during the film; the tugging on human emotions - Moore is playing his target audience like James Burton plays his guitar.

Moore certainly deserves an award. But the award I had in mind wouldn't fit where I'd like to put it.

Please don't take any of my comments as agreeing with the contents or the presentation of 'facts' in this film. If you guys get me started on that, I'll be typing all night...... 7.gif

----------------

On 10/11/2004 7:51:06 AM edwinr wrote:

You have to give Michael Moore credit where credit is due. He is very clever in what he does.

If you watch the movie with an open mind you have to admire his skill. The clever interaction of the music during the film; the tugging on human emotions - Moore is playing his target audience like James Burton plays his guitar.

----------------

Yeah, he could be a televangelist!!!

David

12.gif

I considered making a few comments (audio related only) about this flick on one of the sub threads, but thought best to leave it alone. Since the can of worms is opened, here goes:

Holy bejeezus on the LFE in the Iraq footage! Through most of the film, it is interviews and such at conversational volume.....and even the music tracks are fairly normalized, but the Iraq bombs made my subs move some serious air.

I wanted to post this because it could possibly do damage in a miscalibrated system......somewhat like Telarc's "1812" overture can. Be careful.

----------------

On 10/11/2004 8:09:37 AM Audible Nectar wrote:

Holy bejeezus on the LFE in the Iraq footage! Be careful.

----------------

Good point. The sound quality of this movie is outstanding.

Hey, Dean! Maybe we should just turn the picture off and listen!

Can We All Just Get Along? Can you see what this movie and politics are doing to our forum here. I use this forum to get away from politics because all it does is turn people against one another. Thats not what we are all about, at least I don't think. Let's get back to talking Home Theater and Surrond Sound, things that we use to help us escape the politics of this world. Can We All Just Get Along?