Talk Klipsch on the Klipsch forum.

Trey Cannon

Dude, why not talk about other brands??? Most of the people have multiple subs anyway. If we did notice a preference when we tested the different sub/ speakers it would be good to know about it, don't you think. If brand X sounded bad and was a waste of money then we know about it and if klipsch sub did sounded better then we would go for klipsch against other brands for sure.

----------------

On 10/16/2004 9:17:41 AM psg wrote:

There's no way I'm putting a La Scala over my 52" TV. That would look silly. Even a pair of Heresy's will look silly when I eventually gather the funds and find some close to me (next to impossible in this part of Canada).

----------------

I can understand about finding Heritage around here... my Khorn hunt hasn't turned up anything within driving distance from Montreal... and you're even further than I.

Heresys are the easiest to find though... and I have passed on some decent deals. As crazy as it sounds, it does make a good "relatively" compact centre, and it can be placed below/infront of the screen. 1.gif

Rob

----------------

On 10/14/2004 10:24:37 PM TheEAR wrote:

Trey you are the man

Finally a moderator steps in,with all the "My new huge NON Klipsch woofer project","SveeeS(NON KLIPSCH)is the best in my little shallow world" and "I want to build a cheap(NON KLIPSCH)sub using a paper towel tube and a headphone amp from eeBay plus that piezzo buzzer with a super long throw piston" threads I would get sick too.
3.gif

We need more patriotic TOWER OF KLIPSCH SLAM like I started a few months back(where you could see my three RSW's stacked.
16.gif

Next time an infidel dares post his powered toilet paper tubes,punish him.

Proud owner of four RF7's,two RF5's,an RC7,all three RSW subs,LoudMedia 5.1Ultra,Quintet sats

1.gif

----------------

Dont I remember you rebeliing against the idea of ONLY Klipsch subwoofer talk and u said...

"Since we live under BIG brother's watch and the Klipsch police is rampant,making arrests around the forum I am FORCED to point the RSW15

Let democracy be true and allow me to point a SVS PB2-Plus 11.gif"

I find you a FLIPFLOPPER on this subject Ear... hehehe. 2.gif

----------------

On 10/16/2004 12:56:55 PM lynnm wrote:

The member that made the "Sig Heil, mein Furher!" comment has threatened to quit the forum. Frankly that would be no loss. You are way out of line fella and owe Trey an apology.

----------------

This is what I said, Lynn:

"While I can certainly understand where Trey is coming from, the day when people here no longer feel free to speak their minds about products they use or prefer, is the day I start looking for a new place to play."

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I see no implicit "threat" of any kind, there. Certainly none was intended, as I am not so enamored of my opinions and/or ability to express them as to think their disappearance from these forums would even be noticed, let alone missed.

Certainly, no offense toward Trey was intended. (And as far as I know, none was taken.) But you seem offended, Lynn, judging by you personal remarks about my contributions to the forum, so I will apologize to you. I was just trying to say that I have no interest in participating in a forum, where people do not feel free to speak their mind. That is my feeling, my opinion, period. And I won't apologize for that.

----------------

On 10/17/2004 3:26:44 AM pinipig523 wrote:

----------------

On 10/14/2004 10:24:37 PM TheEAR wrote:

Trey you are the man

Finally a moderator steps in,with all the "My new huge NON Klipsch woofer project","SveeeS(NON KLIPSCH)is the best in my little shallow world" and "I want to build a cheap(NON KLIPSCH)sub using a paper towel tube and a headphone amp from eeBay plus that piezzo buzzer with a super long throw piston" threads I would get sick too.
3.gif

We need more patriotic TOWER OF KLIPSCH SLAM like I started a few months back(where you could see my three RSW's stacked.
16.gif

Next time an infidel dares post his powered toilet paper tubes,punish him.

Proud owner of four RF7's,two RF5's,an RC7,all three RSW subs,LoudMedia 5.1Ultra,Quintet sats

1.gif

----------------

Dont I remember you rebeliing against the idea of ONLY Klipsch subwoofer talk and u said...

"Since we live under BIG brother's watch and the Klipsch police is rampant,making arrests around the forum I am FORCED to point the RSW15

Let democracy be true and allow me to point a SVS PB2-Plus
11.gif
"

I find you a FLIPFLOPPER on this subject Ear... hehehe.
2.gif

----------------

pinipig523 i pointed that out in another thread but all it was to do was to point out to the ear and also be humorously done. That was a long time ago, let bygones be bygones.

Also TheEar, a battleship has a 406 mm gun not 400....2.gif3.gif9.gif

As far as I can read, there was NO statement that said we could not DISCUSS what we have or are looking for.

It seemed to be WHAT is in the SUBJECT line - asking for recommendations on what model of another brand to buy. Or ruling out or bad-mouthing Klipsch.

If I made a product, paid for an open Forum and the ability to PM, email, note signatures, note system profiles, I would be aggravated if another Company felt that 1/3rd of their sales came from a Forum like Klipsch. I don't think the favor of letting posts of what Klipsch sub to buy in the subject would be returned. I may be wrong.

Also, I stand by my statement that Klipsch already has enough other Marketing feedback that costs less than maintaining this Forum:

website

800 number

email

email surveys

snail mail

Focus Groups: can be done w/Rep's help

literature requests: comments/wants card can be included

dealer feedback

customer feedback heard by dealers

sales statistics Klipsch vs xx

Klipsch model xx vs Brand X Model xx

loyal Customers - around long before Forum

Word of Mouth advertising

Marketing employees need only look at other websites, other sites not specific to one brand

The Used Equipment market

Demo Market

Trade Shows

Warranty Registration (skewed as not that many do, but still useful)

Print ads

Sponsor: tours, ad space via give-aways on "Game" shows

Donations of product

Repair costs and numbers

All of the above and more are in place already and a lot of information can be gleaned. Even Reps trading Product, if an amnesty for that can be given, that will help.

It's not hard.

dodger

"But you seem offended, Lynn, judging by you personal remarks about my contributions to the forum, so I will apologize to you. I was just trying to say that I have no interest in participating in a forum, where people do not feel free to speak their mind. That is my feeling, my opinion, period. And I won't apologize for that."

Your use of a Nazi slogan is way out of line and offensive regardless of your intent or the issue that led you to feel that your rights are being infringed.

There was nothing trivial about the Nazi regime and the atrocities they committed and the casual use of that slogan is entirely improper.

Well after paying very good money for a KSW-15 (List $750) about 4 years ago and have the thing fall apart on me (port came loose, fell out, woofer trim ring fell off, had to silicone it back together) it left a bad taste in my mouth for Klipsch subwoofers. I had to turn it all the way up, it needed a high level of signal to even turn on, and it still did not sound that stellar. Then the LF-10 fiasco, what do guys expect people to do other than look at other manufacturers.

I run Klipsch Heritage speakers, and the RSW series as nice as they are, are pricey and don't dig near as deep as my 8 year old Velodyne F-1500R 15" Servo Subs nor are they as clean sounding. (Never been fond of passive radiators in subs) Sorry but it is the truth! Build a subwoofer worthy of the Heritage series, with good quality control, and offer it at a fair and equitable price and I will purchase it. I would certainly like to have an all Klipsch HT, but your subs leave something to be desired! Build it and they will come! Where is my RSW-18+?

Now the new sub system that was recently introduced as part of the THX Ultra 2 system seems like it is a winner, I would have to demo it before changing over from my current subwoofer configuration.

I do agree however that this is indeed a Klipsch forum and it is inundated with SVS chit chat, but why do you think that is? Think about it. Cost vs. performance perhaps. People are looking for the best performance that they can afford.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

FRZ is about right where I come from.

My KSW 50 was disappointment.

Others have the same opinion the KSW was not quite musical; if they had a reliable one.

THe LF product line problems were never clearly explained by a moderator.

What lessons learned were integrated into the designe and build of the new RSW line???

The new subs just seem too pricey for me.

Why a hefty well performing sub 45 -60 pound sub cannot retail for $ 799 MSRP ( $ 999 at the most) is beyond me.

Spending more on a sub than your DAC or CD player or TT plus cartridge seems like a poor set of priorities.

++++++++++++++++++++++

As an engineer and taking a couple of Forest Products science classes the SVS concept seems to have inferior long term performance probability.

Vibration will certainly muddy the sound over time due to the fracturing of brittle adhesive or the tearing of the wood fiber in the sprialled paper.

+++++++++++++++++

Trey has a good point.

But he must consider the root cause of why people talk about other subs to such a great extent in this forum, contrasted with the abscence of anyone talking up other loudspeakers; has more to do with Klipsch past sub models shortcomings rather than anything to do with the consumer being irreverent.

• Klipsch Employees

I never said DON'T talk about other subs...Just suggested to give Klipsch the same coverage. As I have stated before, SVS and others are fine products. And yes, I do wish we could sale at the same prices as the "internet only dealers". But when it comes down to it, we play on a bigger field. We compare our products to what you can find in the specialty retailers store.

SVS does not play on that field.

We try to read as much of the post here as we can. There are very few post or members that we delete. I started this thread due to the many email we received on the subject. It was just a suggestion, not a rule.

We have new subs in the making. I can't tell about them, but I can say that none of them will be sold on the internet by Klipsch or our dealers.

----------------

On 10/17/2004 11:56:04 AM lynnm wrote:

Your use of a Nazi slogan is way out of line and offensive regardless of your intent or the issue that led you to feel that your rights are being infringed.

There was nothing trivial about the Nazi regime and the atrocities they committed and the casual use of that slogan is entirely improper.

----------------

"Sig heil, mein Furher" is not a "Nazi slogan" per se, and you need to lighten up. I apologized once, for whatever gored your ox, but I won't again. No one is "trivializing" the Nazi regime here! And btw, who appointed you arbiter of what is proper or improper around here?

"I think that Klipsch should look to the forums as an excellent source of marketplace feedback, if they take the time to they can see here dicussions that reveal our opinions about what amps and source equipment works best with their speakers, what we like and don't about our beloved Klipsch products.

This means they have to expect to take the good with the bad. If other manufacturer's subs are disucssed more often here then Klipsch's own sub offerings this may be an indication that they need to attend to this area of their business.

Looked at in this way, the forum can be a valuable source of market information and product line feedback, there is a lot of chaff and noise in the raw information but if Klipsch takes the time to analyze the interhcanges here they can come away with very useful input about how to improve thier product line and marketing efforts.

For my Heritage-based system and room I need to look elsewhere for subs that meet my needs, sharing my thoughts about REL, Velodyne, etc. seems like a logical extension of the forum concept, to tamper with our ability to share our thoughts and experiences seems to me to be an error.

Klipsch should value to information they see posted here every day. Trey, tell the marketing guys to read the forums and see it as market feedback, see it as information, not just look to remove bad reviews or mentions of other brands.

warm regards from a Klipsch lover,

Tony"

This is a very good point. With the lack of a Heritage dedicated sub prospective customers are forced to look elsewhere. I understand the at least give Klipsch equal time or better mantra. It makes sense given this is a Klipsch forum, however read what is being said and use the information about other brands to your advantage. Heritage owners have for a long time asked for a reasonably and competitively priced product to be introduced to the Heritage line up to fill the sub woofer void, but that request seems to have fallen on deaf ears. We all respect and appreciate that Klipsch is very tolerant of the material discussed here but we also would like our desires to be given some requisite consideration. Klipsch seems to devote a lot of time to developing other product line ups yet fails to give due to the folks who, for lack of a better way to put this, put them on the map. After all no Heritage = no Klipsch. I dont wish to demean the owners of the other line-ups but if the Heritage line had failed we would not be having this discussion. Ill jump off my soap box now but I really wish Klipsch would give some thought to this request.

I find it ironic that this has gone on for three pages, the "Talk Klipsch on a Klipsch forum" stuff... And when I asked a question about a Klipsch product a couple of days ago, about the RW-12, I got exactly one response. People are more than happy to argue about whether or not you should mention other brands yet don't offer much input when a Klipsch product question arises... Guess I should've asked about an SVS instead (and I did, and got more responses).

----------------

On 10/17/2004 1:01:28 PM jdm56 wrote:

----------------

On 10/17/2004 11:56:04 AM lynnm wrote:

----------------

"Sig heil, mein Furher" is not a "Nazi slogan" per se, and you need to lighten up. I apologized once, for whatever gored your ox, but I won't again. No one is "trivializing" the Nazi regime here! And btw, who appointed you arbiter of what is proper or improper around here?

----------------

Old lynnm is a bit grumpy,its not his fault.Its his age,and at this advanced age he like to play the unapointed authority figure.

1.gif

----------------

On 10/17/2004 12:41:00 PM Trey Cannon wrote:

We have new subs in the making. I can't tell about them, but I can say that none of them will be sold on the internet by Klipsch or our dealers.

----------------

I already preempted the new product coming out from Klipsch on another thread relating to this topic! 16.gif Thanks for confirming it, Trey!