What in the world is this guy talking about??

Mighty Favog

What the hell???

Just what exactly is "Sound Does Not Equal Broadcast Sound"?? Broadcasted from what? The FM Tuner? If that dude is expecting true CD, or even "Live" sound quality from the FM tuner, than he is expecting way to much, even from something such as a McIntosh reciever.

Oh wait, I think I see what he is doing. He is comparing the output of a Rhoades TE-300 FM tuner to the output of the McIntosh FM tuner. Appearantly, they do not sound exactly the same, and in this dude's little world, that is a deficiency in the McIntosh reciever. He seems to think that whatever the Rhoades tuner recieves will be exactly as it is broadcasted from the station (Hey, the ads says it does!). Now, is the Rhoades tuner putting out exactly what is broadcasted by the stations? I highly doubt it, given the analog format of the FM signal, and the degradations that occur over distance, due to environmental factors.

As good as the McIntosh may be, it is almost pretty well given that a dedicated tuner such as the Rhoades will most likely do better (I wonder how it does compared to something such as the tuner in my little Henry Kloss Model 2 radio). I ought to e-mail the dude and tell him that if he doean't like the built-in tuner of the McIntosh, than use the Rhoades tuner as an outboard unit.

The fact that McIntosh and the dealer did "nothing about it", is probably because there was really nothing wrong with the unit.

So in that guys little world, he is somehow being "wronged" and even got the friggan Justice Department and the FBI involved! That dude needs to realize that even the best of the best equipment may still have thier quirks and deficiencies.

Also, why the heck did that dude send the reciever to the Justice Department? Like they would actually give a $#!+? No wonder it was returned to him as "shipment refused".

I won't be buying it from that dude, not because I think there is anything wrong with the reciever, but I think there is to much wrong with the guy selling it.

It is clear that this seller is unwell and is to be avoided.There is ample evidence there of a paranoid delusional system. I say this as a former psychotherapist and can assure you that the buyer will find that they have become ( In the seller's mind) yet another participant in the conspiracy.

Trust me that seller should avoided whatever the price.

----------------

On 10/29/2004 3:44:20 PM skonopa wrote:

Also, why the heck did that dude send the reciever to the Justice Department? Like they would actually give a $#!+? No wonder it was returned to him as "shipment refused".

----------------

I'm surprised the Justice Dept. didn't have E.O.D. blow up the box since it had a bunch of electrical parts in it.6.gif

"Broadcast Quality Sound" Isn't that an oxymoron?? 1.gif

There's a lesson here for one and all, in the fate of this poor devil. All you two channel guys beware... your obsession with tubes, phonograph records, and silver wire will lead to dark madness and despair. 2.gif

There were men

They came into the room

Then they left

There was thunder and lightning

Then it stopped

This is the beginning and also the end

There will have to be a new start

They will return

Wow, that guy needs some SERIOUS help. But the fact he was able to go on eBay and but that up for a reasonable price is also wierd. No idea, I know nothing about mental disorders. Maybe it is one of the 2-channel guys who went off the deep end!

----------------

On 10/31/2004 10:07:30 AM Zargathos wrote:

I think he's paranoid-schizophrenic.

No, he's not!

Yes, he is!

Shut up, you!

----------------

Schizophrenia isn't necessarily accompanied by a 'split-personality disorder' (and the latter isn't really regarded as real anymore), but he does have the symptoms.

From the 1st minute you can see he has both a bizzarre delusional system, with a persecutory component (throws out the possiblity of a delusional disorder). Plus he seems VERY thought disordered - jumping between ideas, and they don't make sense, etc...

However, the sheer quantity of his writing, as well as the diligence with which he obtained all this information might point to a manic component.

So without further evidence it's pretty much a 50/50 split between paranoid schizophrenia and manic/depressive disorder with psychosis.

Blah - my psychiatry exam is on monday, so I am not showing off, this was actually a good exercise.