So many people logged in to the forum....

maxg

Yep, I'm going to be out to vote before lunch. AAMOF voter turnout is projected to be 58-60% Doesn't sound all that respectible, but is about 10% more than last time. One of the reasons the polls have made this election a nail-biter is that with increased expected turnout pollsters don't know what forumula to use in calculating the liklihood that "likely voters" will actually get out to vote.

----------------

On 11/2/2004 10:19:59 AM dubai2000 wrote:

Well, let's just hope they cast the right ballot
9.gif

Wolfram

----------------

I cast the left ballot. It took me 3.5 hours to vote on Thursday which I consider a good thing perhaps this is the start of a new trend in America where the majority of people get out and vote.

10.gif I don't care who you vote for just do it! VOTE 10.gif

Odds on this election are all out of whack. 100 different polls and they all say I dunno. Lets start over and have new candidates from both parties! Perhaps a Guiliani/McCain vs. Clark/H.Clinton 12.gif ticket would be more fun to watch oh well maybe next round......

I have mailed in 333 absentee ballots. I have also voted 33 times in person so far! I may cast many more votes after I get off work today. The polling places don't close until 23:00 hour here in CA. We are the FIRST state in everything! We have always lead the country! We are bad or what!

Greetings,

With all the extra voter turn-out the best thing to do is get to the polls as soon as you can. I've seen several folks get challenged, which I expect is another result of the huge number of people voting in this election.

Sadly, when all is said and done, nearly half the nation is likely to be very disappointed in the results. At that time it might be comforting to remember that our Republic has seen the peaceful transition of power every four years throughout our entire history as a nation.

That in itself is something to celebrate...

Take care,

Scott