kenratboy is now the proud owner of Chorus II's!!!

kenratboy

----------------

On 11/5/2004 5:45:44 PM kenratboy wrote:

OK, now that I have about an hour of critical listening - all I can say is WOW... First, they are NOT harsh, they are smooth and sweet.

----------------

Congratulations. Smooth and sweet. That's exactly the sound I get from my Klipschorns. Which is TOTALLY contrary to what every so-called shop based expert I spoke to, said I would get from Klipschorns. They just don't really know. They are going off ill informed and baseless hearsay from others who don't know. The Klipsch Heritage sound is so good that I feel sorry for the unfortunates who haven't experienced it.

----------------

On 11/6/2004 9:44:07 AM synthfreek wrote:

What a great find! Congrats! Now you can hand over the "member who's been on the board longest without actually owning any Klipsch" title to someone else!
----------------

Probably some 14 year old kid in the ProMedia forum 3.gif

I paid 230 or something for my black '95 Chorus II's. And had to fix them.

That pawn shop gave those to you.

Nice Score! Congats!

Chorus II's were my first Klipsch speakers, had a Yamaha MX-1 and CX-1 pre-amp and amp with them. 440 watts was way overkill, but talk about headroom......

Some day try a tube amp on the Chorus II's and see how they sound.

The story makes me feel "warm and fuzzy".

Ken, you have been on this forum for a while. You have read posts from engineers, experienced audio nuts, and opinionated "old time under-educated, know- nothing fools " like me. You managed to be honest, you knew where you wanted to go, and you have contributed. You just made the first step into big time audio, and I am most pleased.

Congratulations, young man! Welcome to the real deal, and thanks to the person who helped you get there earlier than you might have expected.

Perhaps this is what the Klipsch forum should be about.??.

Regards,

Terry

----------------

On 11/6/2004 7:45:56 PM IB Slammin wrote:

The story makes me feel "warm and fuzzy".

Ken, you have been on this forum for a while. You have read posts from engineers, experienced audio nuts, and opinionated "old time under-educated, know- nothing fools " like me. You managed to be honest, you knew where you wanted to go, and you have
contributed.
You just made the first step into big time audio, and I am most pleased.

Congratulations, young man! Welcome to the real deal, and thanks to the person who helped you get there earlier than you might have expected.

Perhaps this is what the Klipsch forum should be about.??.

Regards,

Terry
----------------

Couldn't have said it better myself! Probably need to make it to a Klipsch get together eventually.

It is sinking in deeper and deeper just how amazing these speakers are. There is not a good amp in the house, but I plan on changing that.

I am sure I will have plenty of questions about what sort of stuff I need to drive this thing.

Ironic:

My JBL E250P came back from a service center in Sacramento today. Funny thing is this thing is completly worthless to me now! This thing has a decent 12" woofer and sounds 'good' - it was to backup my small JBL's because they have no bass below 80 Hz. Now, I have 2, 15" woofers that have earthmoving bass and this subwoofer would just muddy the picture. eBay maybe...

......... Now, I have 2, 15" woofers that have earthmoving bass and this subwoofer would just muddy the picture. eBay maybe...

Pretty cool. I notice that people who come over and listen are always looking around to see where the sub is hidden!

As you know, your speakers are very transparent. There are cost-effective amps and material sources out there. You will find them. At this time, just injoy the moment with what you have.

Terry

----------------

On 11/12/2004 3:42:40 AM nicholtl wrote:

Time to bust open the secret stash of Benjamins, Ken. Tubes ain't gonna come cheap...
----------------

8.gif

Might not be tubes, but I have some tricks up me sleeve that might enable me to get something VERY nice for very little. I will definetly report back.

Well, I could buy lots of different things, but I think my best value will be a system for my room. Where the Chorus's are does not provide a good listening spot (in the formal living room) - in my bedroom, I can throw in a DVD and enjoy.

Audio isn't my only thing. I am into digital photography and Canon has lots of nice lenses to tempt me. My car would just LOVE a supercharger, new suspension, wheel and tire package, Brembo rotors, etc. I need a new computer monitor and it will be a 19 or 20" LCD of the highest quality.

I could blow 50 G's in a few days with no problem 9.gif - just a matter of what will be the most appropriate thing!