Worst Album Ever................

garymd

to sell millions of copies.

Out of curiosity I played Prince's Purple Rain from a pile of LPs stacked in my basement (probably wondering why I had it in my basement to begin with - don't ask). Never heard it before but knew it was majorly popular in its day. That is some of the worst crap I've ever heard!14.gif How in the world did he ever get rich off that garbage? Does anyone here actually like that album? If so I apologize.........for your musical tastes that is.2.gif PM me if you want it for $1 plus shipping. Pristine condition and includes never opened original poster.

BTW - If someone really does want it (which I doubt), I'll throw in a few extra LPs that I also hate.12.gif

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

----------------

On 12/8/2004 11:22:10 PM garymd wrote:

Sorry Ben. I gave all my Kate Smith and Jim Nabors to Craig already. I do have some you may like though.

BTW - JBryan was over today spinnin' vinyl with me and dropped off a couple 5U4s.
----------------

Heh. Kate Smith is the only artist I can think of that is bettered by her current derivative (that being Tori Amos). Just take my address off the package when you get it 2.gif . If I get a chance, I'll try to give you a taste of Sloan, too.

I'd like to know who the hell bought all the soft cell albums or better yet who kept their copies. When you go to buy some used vinyl check the "S" section and look for soft cell and your bound to find 10 to 20 copies of the same bloody awful LP.

Kraftwerk good soft cell bad

seti

----------------

On 12/9/2004 12:29:39 AM mike stehr wrote:

Yoko's stuff has to be worse than prince.....

----------------

When I wanna get a date in the mood I just slap on some old fashion Yoko. Number 9 Number 9 Number 9 Number 9 Number 9 Number 9 Number 9 Number 9 Number 9 Number 9 Number 9 come on you know John wasn't responsible for that~!

----------------

On 12/9/2004 1:08:10 AM edwinr wrote:

Madonna's 'Ray of Light' album. I've tried hard to like it, but I just can't stand it.

----------------

Oh dude, I've totally gotta agree with you on that one! Horrible, horrible album. Bought it, listened to it once through, then returned it to Tower Records with the excuse, "the CD's scratched. Can I trade it for something else?"

Purple rain was, I think, the 2nd CD I ever bought. It was a reflection of the times that has not aged well, but when you are 18 or so Darlin Nicky has lyrics that make you smile. Been a few years since I have listened to it, but I just checked and it was in the list I ripped to the hard disk. Maybe I will listen to it later - just for old times sakes.

Soft Cell - I bought Tainted Love slightly earlier than Purple Rain - on vinyl and I think I might still have that one too. Another that has not aged well but was a reflection of the times.

Frankly I do not agree that these are anywhere near the worst albums ever made that sold millions. Both were farily ground breaking for their day, contained clever use of lyrics to say things that could not have been said before and were musically acceptable - as ever - at the time.

Now if you really want dreadful - but hugely popular (in Germany at least) - 2 words - David Hasselhoff!!

After that it is anyone's choice:

Milli vanilli - All or nothing.

The Osmonds - that Christmas Album of theirs.

Paint Your Wagon - OST - Clint Eastwood and Lee Marvin SINGING!!! Holy Crap!!

You covered William Shatner, The Transformed Man

But what about - Leonard Nimoy, Mr. Spock's Music From Outer Space

Huh - Guys? I mean Purple Rain is Mozart in comparison to these!!

Max,

I'm a big Clint Eastwood fan like most guys but I that was one role he should have turned down.14.gif I hate to admit it but yes, I do own that LP. Don't think I've ever listened to it though. Maybe I'll throw that one in with Purple Rain.

I knew quite a few who really liked Purple Rain when it came out but that was in an era when I listened to the Grateful Dead about 90% of the time. I missed out completely on the hair band/punk/techno scene in those days. I must admit that those techno LPs are some of the best recordings I've ever heard, dreadful as the music is to my ears.

Non-Stop Erotic Cabariet :) Got it.

----------------

On 12/9/2004 12:26:46 AM seti wrote:

I'd like to know who the hell bought all the soft cell albums or better yet who kept their copies. When you go to buy some used vinyl check the "S" section and look for soft cell and your bound to find 10 to 20 copies of the same bloody awful LP.

Kraftwerk good soft cell bad

seti
----------------