do anyone still own a turntable

jaama

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I own a lot of them. Duals, Thorens, Elac, Garrard. I mostly just look at those, might hook one up and fiddle with it now and then. I use a Linn Sondek LP12 and a Pro-Ject 6 for regular listening. It's certainly not a conveient hobby but vinyl can sound very, very good if your records are clean and you tt is set up correctly. Still, you kind of have to have a passion for it as it take some more work than loading a disc.

I've found I'll listen more closely to Records since I know, in 15 to 25 minutes, I'm going to have to get up and flip or change it. With CD's being 40-50 minutes, I can sometime wind up concentrating on other tasks while listening.

I started listening to vinyl again about 5 years ago.

In the mid to late '80s had a Nakamichi cassette player and a Yamaha turntable drving a pair of Birch Hereseys. Had that for about 4 years then migrated to CDs. Two or so years ago ventured back into Vinyl and it's been a real ear-opener. I enjoy SACD, CDs and Vinyl. Don't listen to DVD-A though. I now own a VPI ScoutMaster turntable that I just recently purchased.

- No Disc

Greetings,

I currently use an ELAC ("Benjamin" branded) 'table with a Miracord arm and Ortophon cartridge. I originally purchased it to have the capability of playing 78's. I found, however, that it sounded so much better than my SOTA Comet / Sure V15 set-up that I use the ELAC for all my records - and ended up selling the SOTA/Sure.

Take care,

Scott

I am just getting back to vinyl on my own system most of my friends listen to vinyl and I got the bug again.

I have an entry level tt MMF2 with a grado reference cartridge.

Currently I am building a vibration control system for my rack and on the cheap as well. I am taking one think wood plank for the bottom and a thinner planl for the top with a small lip the same dimensions as my rack then I am going to place a dozen air bladders aka racquette balls between the slabs and hopefully this will be enough to minimize vibration and the cost will be under $100. I have wood floors in a house over 100 years old so the more vibration absorbtion I can add the better.