OT: my baby girl...

Sanman023

if you think your proud now, just wait until the 4 or 5 month mark when you come home from work, your eyes meet and you KNOW that she recognizes you! At that point the hook is set, and for the next ten years she will wrap you around her little finger (all good). When you KNOW that she recognizes you as you, it is all over (still good), for at that point you are no longer in control--despite what you think--- i think they call it feminine wiles.

13ish, and you are wondering who this kid is and where did she come from....did she really say that to me?....then boys start calling, honking and hanging around.......then she gets the car keys, doesn't have time to talk to you (but actually they do listen, rolling their eyes all the while)then off to college and then, when they come back they start to appreciate you again.............we call it life, but some times seem easier than others. hang in there, it is a helluva ride.

enjoy her all you can...and her mom as well. despite some of the things that may happen, she will fulfill you in ways you can't even imagine at this point. daddy's little girl, so sweet. my first four were girls and i wouldn't trade anyone of them for anything, and there isn't anything i wouldn't do to help them, protect them ,care for them, help them grow into their own person, etc. all the best, patrick

Congratulations!!

I echo Patrick's excellent advice, but I only have 2 girls, 16 and 13. Yeah, I'm right in the middle of some heavy estrogen bombardment! Make sure you take time off work to volunteer at school, and on field trips, Girl Scout outings, sports stuff, as much as you can. You haven't lived until you've driven all day with a van full of 2nd graders singing silly songs...I've been fortunate to have the opportunity to be a stay-at-home dad for a few years. It's time for me to sneak back into the workforce, but I really appreciate the chances I've had (and taken) to spend time with the little (now big) darlings!

Congrats! I waited FOREVER to get married, and met my wife through a friend. Her first husband passed away when their two kids were only 2 and 4. They are now 20 and 22. We talked about having one of our own, but I thought that if I did not have one that I would be fine with that and have no regrets, as her kids are wonderful and I love them as if they were mine. Well, I got the surprise of my life about 9pm one night after coming home from a meeting when she handed me a giftwrapped box that had something in it that would slide and bang around in it. She was right when she told me I would never guess what it was.....a home pregnancy test kit, lol. And positive at that. I was scared to death, but also so happy and excited it is hard to describe. Our little one was born about 10 months after we married, and is now 5 and a half years old. I really did not care if we had a boy or girl but only prayed for a healthy child, which we were blessed to have. Watching her grow up has been a treat....except for the terrible twos.....and threes.....and fours.....lol. She has really changed the last six months and has learned so much in kindergarten this school year. I just don't want to misplace the 30 round clip for the gun before she starts having boys knocking on the door, lol. Cherish your little one!9.gif

• Moderators

Sanman023!

Congratualations on your beautiful little girl!! What an exciting time for you and your wife...

I'm a first time mom of a 5 month old boy, myself, and I mean this sincerely--if you're wife ever needs to vent, sob, rejoice, swap baby-stories, have her get in touch with me!! I've learned a lot in since August, and would love to share.

amy.unger@klipsch.com

Enjoy this time!!!