Halftime show

rpittman

To be honest, I thought about getting up and posting about it, I was so impressed. I didn't detect any prerecorded tracks, and the preformance was very energetic, and even musical for the most part. It was absolutely the best halftime show that I can think of. Usually they trot out a half-dozen popular, yet marginally talented flavors of the month. Good to see them put all their eggs in one basket and have it work out.

The production was admirable, too. Very well put together, and visually stunning. Axl Rose should pay attention. That's how that tune is done!

Fantastic half time production but then again Sir Paul could deliver no less. I think everyone who watched was treated to a truly classic performance. I would have loved to have been there but then again I have a mortgage to pay. All in all I thought the entire game and half time extravaganza turned out pretty well although I would have liked to have seen the Eagles win but ...

It was the best I've seen.

Concentrating on the breath you could see plus watching the fingering and picking on the bass and the lead, I would bet monet that it was live.

Did anyone notice the shoulder padding on Paul's Guitar strap slip down ? Shocking.

The pre-game with all of the Vets, The military band, plus two former Presidents and the clip of Ray singing America Th Beautiful with Alicia Keyes (correct spelling for me) was very moving. She is pretty, and has a great voice.

The Commercial where people applauded the Soldiers and a simple Thank You at the end of it was great to see. No matter what, I don't think I have felt so proud and so entertained in a long time.

The people who put it all together have my Thanks.

dodger

Never was a Paul McArtney fan, but this was THE best halftime show I've ever seen. He was great.

The best commerical was the one with the white cat and the red sauce.

I too liked the airport commericial with the soldiers being applauded. Too bad it was a commercial for Budweiser--they jsut HAD to put the tag frame at the end and it cheapened the moment for me.

And why did the Eagles waste so much time in the last 5 minutes of the game?

The chili and the tequila were GREAT!

----------------

On 2/7/2005 8:17:14 AM TBrennan wrote:

McCartney has nothing to do with football and these stupid halftime shows are one of the reasons I despise the "superbowl".

Better they should put the Wolverine or USC marching band out there and do a real FOOTBALL halftime show instead of this glitzy nonsense.

----------------

Whoa! No more coffee for you today.

----------------

On 2/7/2005 8:17:14 AM TBrennan wrote:

McCartney has nothing to do with football and these stupid halftime shows are one of the reasons I despise the "superbowl".

Better they should put the Wolverine or USC marching band out there and do a real FOOTBALL halftime show instead of this glitzy nonsense.

----------------

Greetings:

A lot of what is done has nothing to do with Football, per se.

It's about money, keeping the fans watching and showing that through all of that, the Super Bowl is not just your average Football Game.

If a lot of the glitz were not present, some may turn the channel and watch something else.

But looking at the bright side, Tom, for those that don't like it, there's more time to either use the facilities, and make a sandwich.

dodger

This was a decidedly lo-glitz HT show compared to most in recent memory. McCartney was great, as expected. No hiney grinding or popping hooters, and, even better, good music. Timeless music. Justin Timberlake will be lucky to have the career span of Yoko Ono much less Paul.

Hopefully this trend will continue. One big name act with cross-generational appeal, and a short half time. Good games also help too. We have had a lot of those lately. Remember when the SB was always a rout?

Wonderful performance. Assuming none of it was pre-recorded, Paul's voice seemed in great shape compared to recent years. Very impressive and classy! Finally, a halftime show the whole family could enjoy.

Good question Allan. What were the Eagles doing at the end of the game? Looks like they just gave up!

BY far, the BEST SuperBowl Half-Time show EVER !

The technology was scary (video floors) and the sound was a good as you could get...

for standing the middle of a football field !!!

~ Rock - On ~